Dpdr over, now just super bad existential depression - Page 2 - Mental & Physical Health - Depersonalization Community

Please Read the Community Forum Guidelines Before Posting.

Photo

Dpdr over, now just super bad existential depression

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#13 Pondererer

Pondererer

Senior DPSelfhelp.com Member

• DPSH Members
  • 877 posts
  • LocationBergen, Norway

Posted 18 December 2018 - 01:41 PM

Trigger warning: this is existential and super depressing

So i got over the dpdr. It was triggered by my dads death and after reading a crazy philosophical artical. Because of all those existential questions and fear of what happens after death, i no longer find meaning in life. Dont matter what it is. Family, friends, my old drive for a romantic relationship, my old hobbies, my interests, non of it has meaning anymore. Humor used to help me out of depression but now it no longer has meaning either. Its like whenever i laugh or express any emotion what so ever, it doesnt truely mean anything. Ive been trying to woo over my crush but it doesnt feel like i really WANT to do so. Its just what i was doing before dpdr and i think a part of me still wants to pursue it but i cant find a reason to do so now. Happiness itself doesnt have meaning to me either. I try to pretend, even to myself that it does, like you know, you fake it till you feel it type of deal but idk if itll work. My life feels like an absurd joke. This depression isnt chemically based, its thought based so i feel like im screwed. How is life suppose to matter when the universe's existence is absolutely absurd and meaningless anyway?

I love it when others perfectly describes what i'm going through. It's often hard to put words to everything. Thank you.

#14 DerealizedDutchie

DerealizedDutchie

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 87 posts

Posted 12 January 2019 - 07:21 AM

I think i’m experiencing the same right now. DR is pretty much down to a level where i can handle it, but it got replaced by this super bad depression, i don’t think i ever felt so down and tired/fatigued in my entire life. Especially in winter time..

It also takes A LOT of time to regenerate from small activities like seeing a friend for a couple of hours. Fatigue and depression are always worse the day after.

Anyone got through this or some tips to lessen the depression/fatigue.

#15 Grindelwald

Grindelwald

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 309 posts

Posted 01 February 2019 - 01:02 AM

I'll give you the cold truth: you still have DP. You're improving, and you'll get better eventually, but you still have it. If you're obsessing over the meaning of life, you still have DP. It will pass. I'm sorry about your loss. I confess I have no idea what that's like. I hope you get better.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users