Venting/Ranting Thread - The Bright Side - Depersonalization Community

Please Read the Community Forum Guidelines Before Posting.

Photo

Venting/Ranting Thread

17 replies to this topic

#1 ThoughtOnFire

ThoughtOnFire

Custodian

• Administrators
  • 1320 posts
  • LocationMiddle of the Veil

Posted 06 August 2018 - 01:23 PM

Feel free to let it loose here. It's very healing to just release it. Swear, yell, show us your anger, your sadness, your troubles. Let that inner darkness deep within go and let it flow! Doesn't have to be DP/DR related...free your demons but in an exorcism kind of way, not encouraging to make it worse! I trust you get the idea icon_mrgreen.gif

#2 Pondererer

Pondererer

Senior DPSelfhelp.com Member

• DPSH Members
  • 877 posts
  • LocationBergen, Norway

Posted 06 August 2018 - 01:41 PM

I wanna stick a big knife through my skull icon_arrow.gif

#3 Chip1021

Chip1021

Great Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 622 posts
  • LocationMinneapolis, Minnesota, USA

Posted 06 August 2018 - 02:15 PM

I just want to sleep forever, but sleep, simple as the idea may be, does not come easily.  Otherwise I wouldn't mind having a monk-like existence in a monastery or something, just reading philosophy or whatever interests me all day, with only simple expectations and get away from the gossipy, WASPy, judgmental and superficial nonsense that currently envelops my present existence.

#4 REB

REB

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 134 posts

Posted 06 August 2018 - 05:27 PM

I want to stick a big knife through other people's skull.

#5 Chip1021

Chip1021

Great Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 622 posts

Posted 06 August 2018 - 05:32 PM

Interested in why you chose to post a venting rage / anger thread in "the Bright Side" section?

#6 ThoughtOnFire

ThoughtOnFire

Custodian

• Administrators
  • 1320 posts
  • LocationMiddle of the Veil

Posted 06 August 2018 - 07:14 PM

Interested in why you chose to post a venting rage / anger thread in "the Bright Side" section?

Don't therapists and psychologists explore such subjects and bring them into the light of conscious, the darker contents of one's mind? It's a form of healing to let things out. Suppressing things end up eating you inside. Lux E Tenebris, a Latin saying meaning Light Out of Darkness. If you attempt to transcend into Heaven without addressing the lower Hell, then you'll fall.

#7 Chip1021

Chip1021

Great Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 622 posts

Posted 07 August 2018 - 02:25 AM

Don't therapists and psychologists explore such subjects and bring them into the light of conscious, the darker contents of one's mind? It's a form of healing to let things out. Suppressing things end up eating you inside. Lux E Tenebris, a Latin saying meaning Light Out of Darkness. If you attempt to transcend into Heaven without addressing the lower Hell, then you'll fall.

True enough. Still feels out of place to me, but I don't know which sub forum would be better either.

Good idea for a thread, at any rate. Especially since there's really nowhere to just be able to vent without having to hear advice and criticism.

#8 Pondererer

Pondererer

Senior DPSelfhelp.com Member

• DPSH Members
  • 877 posts
  • LocationBergen, Norway

Posted 07 August 2018 - 01:34 PM

I just want to sleep forever, but sleep, simple as the idea may be, does not come easily.  Otherwise I wouldn't mind having a monk-like existence in a monastery or something, just reading philosophy or whatever interests me all day, with only simple expectations and get away from the gossipy, WASPy, judgmental and superficial nonsense that currently envelops my present existence.

This is my life already lol

#9 luluinthefog

luluinthefog

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 155 posts

Posted 07 August 2018 - 01:45 PM

Sometimes I think I would rather have a terminal illness than dpdr. At least then I could enjoy the rest of my life

#10 Chip1021

Chip1021

Great Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 622 posts

Posted 07 August 2018 - 03:21 PM

Sometimes I think I would rather have a terminal illness than dpdr. At least then I could enjoy the rest of my life

I feel like DP/DR is a terminal illness.  Just a very very slowly progressing, excruciatingly painful one.

#11 herecomesthesun

herecomesthesun

• DPSH Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 12 August 2018 - 11:46 AM

I've been getting into these deep and intense nostalgic trances as of lately. I'll focus my mind on memories of first love, the sense of exploration and happiness I had as a child. It'll feel very dreamy and fairy tale-esque, almost bittersweet in that it'll give me really warm feelings within my stomach but also sadness in that those days are gone and I'll never experience them again or be able to go back and make it better. It make me intensely miss people who are no longer in my life such as family that has passed away and old friends who I no longer talk to. Also feelings of normalcy that I long for when I wasn't going through DP/DR, severe depression and overwhelming anxiety. I just find myself sitting and replaying montages of happy moments when I was younger on loop within my head now. I need to focus on the present instead of the past but it's become so hard since I rarely know what it feels like to be happy anymore so I have to look back for it.

#12 Chip1021

Chip1021

Great Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 622 posts

Posted 12 August 2018 - 08:45 PM

I've been getting into these deep and intense nostalgic trances as of lately. I'll focus my mind on memories of first love, the sense of exploration and happiness I had as a child. It'll feel very dreamy and fairy tale-esque, almost bittersweet in that it'll give me really warm feelings within my stomach but also sadness in that those days are gone and I'll never experience them again or be able to go back and make it better. It make me intensely miss people who are no longer in my life such as family that has passed away and old friends who I no longer talk to. Also feelings of normalcy that I long for when I wasn't going through DP/DR, severe depression and overwhelming anxiety. I just find myself sitting and replaying montages of happy moments when I was younger on loop within my head now. I need to focus on the present instead of the past but it's become so hard since I rarely know what it feels like to be happy anymore so I have to look back for it.

I do this too, though I've given up on the present moment. The present is at best dull and unrewarding and at worse absolutely terrifying. I've allowed myself to reminisce about better experiences and fantasizing about some magic cure or time-traveling device than just constantly be in agonizing misery.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users