A way to spiritual growth? - Page 5 - Spirituality Discussion - Depersonalization Community

Please Read the Community Forum Guidelines Before Posting.

Photo

A way to spiritual growth?

• Please log in to reply
52 replies to this topic

#49 ThoughtOnFire

ThoughtOnFire

Custodian

• Administrators
  • 1337 posts
  • LocationMiddle of the Veil

Posted 14 August 2018 - 03:29 PM

I just wrote a lengthy response to yours and somehow it disappeared. I must have entered it incorrectly. I'll have to get back to you on this discussion. Basically, I was agreeing with you and so on. I wrote more but it magically disappeared. 

Is that your response there -within- the quoted text from brightmorningstar?

#50 PerfectFifth

PerfectFifth

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 335 posts

Posted 19 August 2018 - 04:23 PM

I could've very well been a different person before DP/DR struck me. I've become a vastly deeper thinker as a result, and I've learned to see the benefits of psychological suffering and how it causes personal growth. I haven't experienced any supernatural "enlightenment", though. It's an interesting thought to entertain, though, that maybe it's some trial we were put on.

#51 Layne

Layne

• DPSH Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 30 July 2019 - 05:43 PM

I hope the EMDR can help me stop disliking myself so I can feel like I belong somewhere.

Hi @Tikobird -- Your comment reminded me of this STORY. It's an account of how one man found a way to overcome his own sense of low self-esteem.  --  Just to mention, the link will take you to the website of a relatively obscure spiritual path/teaching.  If this is not your cup of tea, you may not want to check it out.  --  All the Best!

#52 Layne

Layne

• DPSH Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 30 July 2019 - 05:58 PM

Music is a powerful tool that can help your crown chakra. I've found music can unblock that heaviness there, as it's like the ohm sound.

Hi @Sean1997 -- I've been reading your posts on this thread with interest.  Since you mentioned the Ohm Sound, I was wondering if you're familiar with the Sound of HU?  Here's a link to a 3-minute video on singing the HU SONG. It sort of falls into the category of "calming the brain" and "sound therapy", along with it being a spiritual exercise technique. -- It's somewhat similar to singing the sound of OM, but has a higher frequency--and from my experience, is more deeply calming. -- Thanks for your posts on this thread!

#53 BHeaton

BHeaton

• DPSH Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 14 October 2019 - 06:50 PM

Yes how I became Christian read my profile posts. This site is wayyy to depressing though I can't possibly stand it any further. :/ GOOD LUCK AND WILL PRAY FOR EVERYONE ON THIS SITE. I WISH I could reach out further on here but I made a topic in my recovery

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users