A way to spiritual growth? - Page 4 - Spirituality Discussion - Depersonalization Community

Please Read the Community Forum Guidelines Before Posting.

Photo

A way to spiritual growth?

• Please log in to reply
52 replies to this topic

#37 Sean1997-

Sean1997-

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 62 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 12 August 2018 - 04:21 AM

I've watched sadgharu plenty of times,he has a of of goof ideas and perspectives about how to use law of Attraction to reverse or manifest your reality.

Now I believe in finding your core element, that is associated with your astrological alignment. Doesn't have to be but usually from people i meet they seem to be at one with their one element. Look up your date birth and find your element: fire, water,air, or earth. I was an earth and loves being in nature. I loved the other elements too but only the earth could relax my energies, I don't know why. What I'm saying is theoretical, however my girlfriend is the same. She is a water element and can only find that relaxation in water.

So I would encourage you to do walking and also a non weight bearing energy to increase your blood pressure, so that the physical process of the blood pumping fast around the body, matches that of the energy flow. Therefore I believe that the flow of blood and metabolic rates of reactions in the body can simultaneously be a catalyst for the grounding of your energies .

Physically this is released through sweat, breath and heat, as well as the organs and blood internally reacting too.

Also another thing I would suggest would be to start playing a musical instrument.
Music is a powerful tool that can help your crown chakra. I've found music can unblock that heaviness there, as it's like the ohm sound. It vibrates in my head, and the dopamine rush (goosebumps) I sometimes get listening to music completely releases that tension and fog for me. Although, listening can be as good as playing yourself. But learning or playing an instrument is a distraction and grounding tool in itself. Like the guitar is made out of wood, as are a lot of instruments. And wood is a great natural material to be in contact with everyday.

#38 Sean1997-

Sean1997-

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 62 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 12 August 2018 - 04:27 AM

And thank you for your kind words, normally people can be dismissive because I'm young, however I believe my soul is an old one. I have perceptions different to most my age and I really want to be able to give my personal wisdom of advice. Because although I'm young I've had this condition twice, totalling 2 years all together. So in essence, I think I have a good concept of what's going on, but again someone else may have a different idea that will be as clear to them as this is to me. Nothing is abundantly right or wrong. So you can take what I say with a pinch of salt. Although, from the context of this condition and how you describe your circumstances. Your path is not too different to mine.

And maybe our communication with each other was destined to happen, so I could learn from you and vice versa. :) good luck to you too my friend! Wish all the best

#39 tikobird

tikobird

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 119 posts
  • LocationSunshine

Posted 12 August 2018 - 12:20 PM

I have one question about what he's said. How can an infant or child cause their own depression if they're born into a dysfunctional family who ignores them? Most animals don't do well if left alone either. Isolation has a huge impact on most mammals.  I'll be back for more conversation. Elephants remain in a family based group and when a young one is hurt or can't walk they all try to help. I might be missing a point here. Children don't learn love if ignored. They have no models to base their actions on. They're basically fending for themselves. I think there's a great disparity here. 

I'm always open to new data so your response is welcome. I know it's up to us, later on, to create our own feelings and observe things differently.  We need the tools given to us to change anything but we are able to change.

#40 Sean1997-

Sean1997-

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 62 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 12 August 2018 - 12:39 PM

I believe that a dysfunctional family setting breeds the depression, that latches onto the child, without the child being a willing participant.

However, I believe the child needed to have that depressive state in order to recognise what love is when/if they overcome it. It's the great aspect of polarity, that in order to feel love it needs to be taken away (if not present initially).

The isolation is not a good start for a living organism, however if they did not feel rejection or hurt and fall into that state of despair, they may learn that behaviour from their parents; believing it is normal and stable for them.

In this case the depressive state is a mechanism for growth, knowledge and understanding.

Again, as you've said this is just my opinion. These conditions feel awful, although once overcome, it can completely transform oneself. If children in dysfunctional families felt fine being isolated and alone, then it would be passed on generations-destroying evolutionary growth. Although the ones that recover from the bad state of traumas, depression and so on, recognise that they need to be different (if they were to have children). So in a sense, they take the bad to produce the good. Obviously it's not that straight forward but I believe it has gave people the optimism and motivation to seek the light even more so.

#41 brightmorningstar

brightmorningstar

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 85 posts
  • LocationIstanbul, Turkey

Posted 13 August 2018 - 10:36 AM

I've watched sadgharu plenty of times,he has a of of goof ideas and perspectives about how to use law of Attraction to reverse or manifest your reality.

Now I believe in finding your core element, that is associated with your astrological alignment. Doesn't have to be but usually from people i meet they seem to be at one with their one element. Look up your date birth and find your element: fire, water,air, or earth. I was an earth and loves being in nature. I loved the other elements too but only the earth could relax my energies, I don't know why. What I'm saying is theoretical, however my girlfriend is the same. She is a water element and can only find that relaxation in water.

So I would encourage you to do walking and also a non weight bearing energy to increase your blood pressure, so that the physical process of the blood pumping fast around the body, matches that of the energy flow. Therefore I believe that the flow of blood and metabolic rates of reactions in the body can simultaneously be a catalyst for the grounding of your energies .

Physically this is released through sweat, breath and heat, as well as the organs and blood internally reacting too.

Also another thing I would suggest would be to start playing a musical instrument.
Music is a powerful tool that can help your crown chakra. I've found music can unblock that heaviness there, as it's like the ohm sound. It vibrates in my head, and the dopamine rush (goosebumps) I sometimes get listening to music completely releases that tension and fog for me. Although, listening can be as good as playing yourself. But learning or playing an instrument is a distraction and grounding tool in itself. Like the guitar is made out of wood, as are a lot of instruments. And wood is a great natural material to be in contact with everyday.

Hey what is with the non-weight? I prefer to do bodybuilding workout at home, is it bad for energy wise, lifting weights? Or running, cycling aerobic ones better?

#42 tikobird

tikobird

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 119 posts
  • LocationSunshine

Posted 13 August 2018 - 04:43 PM

I've been in this discussion and viewed it yesterday. Why don't I see any of my replies now? I came here today to locate my last response to no avail. Is there something I need to do to see my part of the discussion?

#43 tikobird

tikobird

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 119 posts
  • LocationSunshine

Posted 13 August 2018 - 04:56 PM

Hey what is with the non-weight? I prefer to do bodybuilding workout at home, is it bad for energy wise, lifting weights? Or running, cycling aerobic ones better?

I was very depressed and much more anxious until I joined a small family owned gym. They have personal training, yoga, pilates, and Zumba. If I make excuses for me not to go or procrastinate and stay home it's much more depressing and all I focus on is my anxiety and depersonalization. Focusing on those makes them worse. This morning I worked out for 45 minutes with weights and then went to a very high-intensity Zumba class. I love to dance and it burns calories. I find all this builds a good feeling in my mind and body. It also increases the endorphins. I do sometimes have to tell myself to stop making excuses. I actually change my thoughts which say "I can't or I won't" have fun, be happy or whatever you tell yourself. I do force myself in a way. Because you think something doesn't mean it's true. It's beneficial to move rather than to analyze everything. 

#44 brightmorningstar

brightmorningstar

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 85 posts
  • LocationIstanbul, Turkey

Posted 14 August 2018 - 01:26 AM

I have one question about what he's said. How can an infant or child cause their own depression if they're born into a dysfunctional family who ignores them? Most animals don't do well if left alone either. Isolation has a huge impact on most mammals.  I'll be back for more conversation. Elephants remain in a family based group and when a young one is hurt or can't walk they all try to help. I might be missing a point here. Children don't learn love if ignored. They have no models to base their actions on. They're basically fending for themselves. I think there's a great disparity here. 

I'm always open to new data so your response is welcome. I know it's up to us, later on, to create our own feelings and observe things differently.  We need the tools given to us to change anything but we are able to change.

These are all true tikobird, but what you can do? Can you time travel back and change the way your parents behaved to you? No. Do you want to save yourself or do you want another thing? That is a really deep question because there are millions of people who think they want to be saved/cured but deep down they don't and they won't take the path to the resolution, believe me I've seen so many. Humans are complex creatures, you don't hear to understand what they want, you observe them. It's the same with yourself. You observe yourself for to know what you really think and want. 

I mean yeah you're right my family was dysfunctional too, but in the end what can you do about, it is the question. I can't see what you want to know from here. Well yeah childs don't make them self depressed. But later on they do. You ever heard of autosuggestion? We are made of bunch of autosuggestions. You're repeating your mother's father's words which they said to you as a child now. But you don't even know it! Like you're worthless you're piece of shit. What I mean is that you repeat the same patterns they instilled in your brain, you embrace their thoughts and their behaviours towards you as the basis of all human interaction. These are deep stuff and I can give you some books if you want to really change yourself etc. Or I can continue on if this made any sense to you. I don't know really, I can write here over and over , and you may get suscipicous and say oh no people are depressed because of their families and that would be a waste of time for me to write at all. 

One last thing is that, I also thought I was trying to change myself for 1-2 year, after observing myself, I was not doing anything to help myself even tho I was really struggling to the healing. We are in the cycle of suffering, that is what I came to learn. We are here on this earth and %99 people are suffering in this way or another. Like we are bound to suffer. You must start to observe yourself to really know what is going on in your mind. I can write more if you're interested I gotta go now.  I've come to learn all these after heavy observation of my actions thoughts and responses in my body. And after reading some of Jordan Peterson's work, I've really seen that most people don't know what they really think. And that corrected my view.

#45 Sean1997-

Sean1997-

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 62 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 14 August 2018 - 05:51 AM

I think it was more to do with the fact that I had blood pooling in my legs, and if I focused all my exercises on my legs, my entire cardiovascular system wouldmnt be working at it's entirety, flowing around my whole body. My legs would pool more,and id feel worse after weight bearing things like running and free weights.

I believe weights can be a good exercise because of you utilising force around the whole body with certain exercises. However for me personally, it was too exhausting.

Cycling for me was the best because I was using all my body, arms, legs and my core at all times. So blood was flowing round the whole body,at all times- same with swimming. And it wasn't too exhausting.

And as I stated before I believe the physical and energy field are simultaneously interlinked. Therefore the blood flow reciprocates the start of the energetic flow. Therefore, I felt it cleared my blocked energies in my legs, heart and crown chakra, as the blood flow was better. My blood pressure reading, 2 weeks ago was normal for the 1st time in 3 years. I get no palpitations anymore and it only started to get better once I did cycling, my condition eased too.

However each individual is different, so if you are doing things like rowing and utilising the bike at the gym, as well as squatting (all which encourage blood flow around the whole cardiovascular system. I believe symptoms will improve.

#46 Sean1997-

Sean1997-

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 62 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 14 August 2018 - 05:57 AM

I had a condition called POTS, a blood pressure condition as well as this condition, however they came at the same time. One obviously is just a symptom of the other. Just thought I'd let you know why o had blood pooling.

#47 tikobird

tikobird

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 119 posts
  • LocationSunshine

Posted 14 August 2018 - 10:43 AM

These are all true tikobird, but what you can do? Can you time travel back and change the way your parents behaved to you? No. Do you want to save yourself or do you want another thing? That is a really deep question because there are millions of people who think they want to be saved/cured but deep down they don't and they won't take the path to the resolution, believe me I've seen so many. Humans are complex creatures, you don't hear to understand what they want, you observe them. It's the same with yourself. You observe yourself for to know what you really think and want. 

I mean yeah you're right my family was dysfunctional too, but in the end what can you do about, it is the question. I can't see what you want to know from here. Well yeah childs don't make them self depressed. But later on they do. You ever heard of autosuggestion? We are made of bunch of autosuggestions. You're repeating your mother's father's words which they said to you as a child now. But you don't even know it! Like you're worthless you're piece of shit. What I mean is that you repeat the same patterns they instilled in your brain, you embrace their thoughts and their behaviours towards you as the basis of all human interaction. These are deep stuff and I can give you some books if you want to really change yourself etc. Or I can continue on if this made any sense to you. I don't know really, I can write here over and over , and you may get suscipicous and say oh no people are depressed because of their families and that would be a waste of time for me to write at all. 

One last thing is that, I also thought I was trying to change myself for 1-2 year, after observing myself, I was not doing anything to help myself even tho I was really struggling to the healing. We are in the cycle of suffering, that is what I came to learn. We are here on this earth and %99 people are suffering in this way or another. Like we are bound to suffer. You must start to observe yourself to really know what is going on in your mind. I can write more if you're interested I gotta go now.  I've come to learn all these after heavy observation of my actions thoughts and responses in my body. And after reading some of Jordan Peterson's work, I've really seen that most people don't

know what they really think. And that corrected my view.

I understand we have to do things in the moment. I was only making a point about where some feelings come from. I also feel that we can learn things about ourselves only in the present. My parents did whayever they did and that's over. I put no blame toward them. Now I can only make a difference in the way I feel now. I'm aware that people suffer in one way or another. That goes without saying or needs no proof. I have many relevent books having to do with the Eastern based philosophy. It's not possible to change ourselves but we be aware and accept ourselves without all the judgment. Judging yourself or others is the ego self attemtoing to think of ourselves  bigger or better than others. It also refers to wrong and right. I look for the good and the love in every being. There is a very beneficial therapy called ACT which stands for Acceptance and Commitment Therapy.  I haven't studied Buddhism as thorougly as you. I used to read all the time but due to anxiety problems I'm currently lacking in concentration a bit. Today I went to the gym and had a great Zumba class which encorperated yoga and weights. I feel wondeerful after yoga. Until the next time I hear from you I wish you well and enjoy the communication and iseas we share. Non- judging is the key to many problems in communication. Take care and be well.

#48 tikobird

tikobird

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 119 posts
  • LocationSunshine

Posted 14 August 2018 - 10:47 AM

I just wrote a lengthy response to yours and somehow it disappeared. I must have entered it incorrectly. I'll have to get back to you on this discussion. Basically, I was agreeing with you and so on. I wrote more but it magically disappeared. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users