A way to spiritual growth? - Page 2 - Spirituality Discussion - Depersonalization Community

Please Read the Community Forum Guidelines Before Posting.

Photo

A way to spiritual growth?

• Please log in to reply
52 replies to this topic

#13 Sean1997-

Sean1997-

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 62 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 07 August 2018 - 08:37 AM

And yes I cut down my meat eating. It is good for a source of iron and protein, however it shouldn't be eaten every day, once or twice a week. Moreover, the pinnacle nutrients for your body are vitamins and minerals. They are the things as well as antioxidants, that help alleviate ailments and toxins in the body. As well as having the magnetism for the electromagnetic makeup of our astral, vibrational frequencies that have an effect on our physical bodies.

#14 Sean1997-

Sean1997-

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 62 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 07 August 2018 - 08:46 AM

You're sounding like you are disagreeing with you. However, from what I have said, you're response matches exactly my input.

I said I had extreme anxiety and social issues, therefore I needed my ego to be removed via an ego death. No mind, blank all the time. I had to accept nothing to conquer everything. If you see what I'm trying to say; figuratively.

After I recovered I became humble with the terms that I had to isolate myself from everyone and everything to truly understand my association with mother nature and the 'real world' we are living in. Not the materialistic one.

#15 Sean1997-

Sean1997-

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 62 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 07 August 2018 - 08:48 AM

Hello TOF how you do. Can you remember where did you see the triggering of DP through meditation specially with Tolle's work? I might have did that to myself lmao.

You're sounding like you are disagreeing with you. However, from what I have said, you're response matches exactly my input.

I said I had extreme anxiety and social issues, therefore I needed my ego to be removed via an ego death. No mind, blank all the time. I had to accept nothing to conquer everything. If you see what I'm trying to say; figuratively.

After I recovered I became humble with the terms that I had to isolate myself from everyone and everything to truly understand my association with mother nature and the 'real world' we are living in. Not the materialistic one

#16 Sean1997-

Sean1997-

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 62 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 07 August 2018 - 08:50 AM

Sorry wrong quote aha my bad

#17 brightmorningstar

brightmorningstar

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 85 posts
  • LocationIstanbul, Turkey

Posted 07 August 2018 - 09:18 AM

Real world is the both naturalistic and both materalistic one Sean. Don't forget that and fall into the spirituality trap like that most of the people do. Good luck to you.

#18 Sean1997-

Sean1997-

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 62 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 07 August 2018 - 09:47 AM

It isn't a trap the real world is unimaginable. Our senses detect our materialistic world, therefore we can appreciate the thoeretical proposition that is nothing more than a mere illusion, from the way we understand it.

Like Plato, I believe there is a true frequency presenting the truest of information at a sensual level, and our senses limit us to a minute percent of that.

But thank you for that, I appreciate it

#19 brightmorningstar

brightmorningstar

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 85 posts

Posted 07 August 2018 - 10:04 AM

You're quite young Sean, I wouldn't think that I know everything about the world and what is real and what is not if I were you, and I wouldn't be so sure to directly trust, and convey the idea of Buddhists without experiencing in your whole life. Reality of life is different to everyone, I wouldn't pick the "life is an illision" . That is not healthy, especially for people like us. Of course now, you're not me and I'm not you. But I've been into your place before and at your age. So I understand the way you think and look. But your views will change immensely when you're progressing in this life. So I advise you do not stick to that view. It would only damage you.

#20 brightmorningstar

brightmorningstar

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 85 posts

Posted 07 August 2018 - 10:05 AM

It isn't a trap the real world is unimaginable. Our senses detect our materialistic world, therefore we can appreciate the thoeretical proposition that is nothing more than a mere illusion, from the way we understand it.

Like Plato, I believe there is a true frequency presenting the truest of information at a sensual level, and our senses limit us to a minute percent of that.

But thank you for that, I appreciate it

You're quite young Sean, I wouldn't think that I know everything about the world and what is real and what is not if I were you, and I wouldn't be so sure to directly trust, and convey the idea of Buddhists without experiencing in your whole life. Reality of life is different to everyone, I wouldn't pick the "life is an illision" . That is not healthy, especially for people like us. Of course now, you're not me and I'm not you. But I've been into your place before and at your age. So I understand the way you think and look. But your views will change immensely when you're progressing in this life. So I advise you do not stick to that view. It would only damage you.

#21 Sean1997-

Sean1997-

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 62 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 07 August 2018 - 10:30 AM

I'm honestly very grounded I don't have the stereotypical outlook you believe. I know objects and nature intself isn't an illusion as in it isn't there. I mean there is so much more to an object than it's appearance. For example with music. There is so much more deeper things interacting with you than just the sound you hear. Energies are being transferred.

I am not the stereotypical recreational psychedelic user sort of person who has that belief system of the world being a fake form of reality. I'm just expressing that there's more to it than that.

I am very grounded and make the most of my days with nature and admire the beauty of what my senses give me. But when I feel excitement from that view, I feel connected to something different with nature, rather than just what I am looking at or hearing.

#22 Sean1997-

Sean1997-

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 62 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 07 August 2018 - 10:31 AM

You are misinterpreting what I am expressing, I am sorry

#23 tikobird

tikobird

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 119 posts
  • LocationSunshine

Posted 09 August 2018 - 11:42 AM

Mindful meditation is always recommended for anxiety. Since the severe anxiety, I've had has kept me outside my body and always depersonalized it's helped me immensely.  People with DP are constantly monitoring their thoughts and body. The meditation is for being in the moment and stops the overthinking which is causing anxiety. People with DP are worriers and overthinkers. I recommend it highly. It leaves you so relaxed and refreshed. Sometimes we are afraid to try new things or are not fully informed of what it is. it's not complicated or difficult and who doesn't want to stop the worrying that causes anxiety? I, certainly do.

#24 brightmorningstar

brightmorningstar

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 85 posts

Posted 09 August 2018 - 12:03 PM

Mindful meditation is always recommended for anxiety. Since the severe anxiety, I've had has kept me outside my body and always depersonalized it's helped me immensely.  People with DP are constantly monitoring their thoughts and body. The meditation is for being in the moment and stops the overthinking which is causing anxiety. People with DP are worriers and overthinkers. I recommend it highly. It leaves you so relaxed and refreshed. Sometimes we are afraid to try new things or are not fully informed of what it is. it's not complicated or difficult and who doesn't want to stop the worrying that causes anxiety? I, certainly do.

I'm sorry but you don't know what real Mindfulness is, you seem like just sold out to the news about meditation and not dived into its depth. Actually, Mindfulness is Being the Awareness but not the doer, not the one who feels but becoming the Observer of the feelings and thoughts, that means you constantly monitor your thoughts and body with a passive and non-attached attitude and you let go of them after observing and coming to the present moment again. By product of that you become aware of everything you have in the moment, that is what they mean by present moment.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users