The Truth About DP/DR, and Solution! - Page 6 - Recovery Stories - Depersonalization Community

Please Read the Community Forum Guidelines Before Posting.

Photo

The Truth About DP/DR, and Solution!

• Please log in to reply
71 replies to this topic

#61 Mollusk

Mollusk

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 265 posts
  • LocationVT

Posted 25 March 2008 - 02:17 AM

im not pointing fingers at the post starter his post is fine with me
but he did say we are cowards?

maybe i viewed coward wrong? oh well..

I'm not sure i didn't read the whole thread. The parts i read kind of said that to get over this thing we may have to be stronger or more disciplined mentally. I suppose that could be read as being weak or a coward in the first place, but i think most of us would agree that we aren't in this position because we are cowards.

I am a believer in that we create much of own reality so if you really believe in this solution than maybe it can work.

Senior DPSelfhelp.com Member

• Validating
  • 825 posts

Posted 25 March 2008 - 02:22 AM

i dont look at this as a soulution
i just read it took what he said and viewed it a certain way, maybe thats not what he was saying maybe it was?

"to get over this thing we may have to be stronger or more disciplined mentally"

i really dont know - i figure if thats the case then dp already taught me that

so i just wanted to write out what i thought about that.
ive had dp for 7 years and i think the only real soulution is to go see a professional and work through whatever you may think is the cause of your depersonalization. mine is trauma

#63 Mollusk

Mollusk

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 265 posts
  • LocationVT

Posted 25 March 2008 - 02:49 AM

ive had dp for 7 years and i think the only real soulution is to go see a professional and work through whatever you may think is the cause of your depersonalization. mine is trauma

i would go with that then.

This thing seems so different for everyone. some say its physiological- that weed, drugs or something sparked it and they were perfectly happy before that. some say mental/emotional trauma spraked it. some say it developed over time from personal issues and conditions. some even say its spiritual. Some like me have some of all of the above and are confused as hell.

I think you kinda gotta find your own method of recovery and pursue the sh*t out of it.

#64 lostsoul

lostsoul

Regular Contributor

• Validating
  • 255 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 25 March 2008 - 02:11 PM

Some things I say are there to stimulate you..

Senior DPSelfhelp.com Member

• Validating
  • 825 posts

Posted 25 March 2008 - 02:59 PM

that was obvious

#66 Guest_Delete this acount_*

Guest_Delete this acount_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 March 2008 - 06:18 PM

Some things I say are there to stimulate you..

I have the same effect on you fookers* too :mrgreen:

*jolly good folk.

• Validating
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 01 April 2008 - 12:47 AM

Positivity is very important, but I can tell you that it is impossible to "feel" positive when your body and brain are out of sync because of health problems coming from your gut, bacterial overgrowth, amalgam fillings poisoining your bloodstream, seratonin and dopamine levels out of whack, etc. We cannot will ourselves to be positive when our bodies do not have the proper fuel to heal and get your system regulated properly/running optimally. Check my signature..

• Validating
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 08 April 2008 - 07:51 PM

i wanted to post one question. Some of sufferers of DP or DR, whose experiences i read in this and oher website, say that they feel emotionless or like they dont feel anything. Does that mean they are not anxious? If we dont have anxiety any more, even in used-to-be stressful situations, is that the major step to recovery? Because if u dont feel the anxiety, stress anymore, u dont have panic attacks and there is little of what to fear, maybe that means we`re ON THE HIIIIGHWAYY to recovery? :) In that case, as i understand, we would just need to stimulate our emotions, like trying new experiences, re-engaging in things that you like or finding new ones, having some fun, or the best - fall in LOVE. . :D what do u think?

Emotionless is worse, my friend. Always belive it. I personally would much rather go back to the anxiety and fear and constant sense of dread. At least then i could feel something. Trust me, nothing is worse than anything else. Especially if it's in your head

• Validating
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 07 February 2009 - 10:15 PM

I have really tried hard to understand what exactly is required of us to use lostsouls technique but I am completely baffled at what I am supposed to do. Anyone care to explain?

#70 lostsoul

lostsoul

Regular Contributor

• Validating
  • 255 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 18 March 2010 - 04:45 PM

Well its a year later now, I hope you dont still have DP but if you do please search for bodyscan meditation on google and I think you will understand.

#71 Positive

Positive

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 18 March 2010 - 09:30 PM

awesome post !

im gonna give it a shot

#72 Findyourself1997

Findyourself1997

• DPSH Members
  • PipPip