The Truth About DP/DR, and Solution! - Page 2 - Recovery Stories - Depersonalization Community

Please Read the Community Forum Guidelines Before Posting.

Photo

The Truth About DP/DR, and Solution!

• Please log in to reply
71 replies to this topic

#13 lostsoul

lostsoul

Regular Contributor

• Validating
  • 255 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 01 November 2006 - 04:21 AM

Yes you can pull back your 'soul' or better your energy into your body by just being aware of your body. Be aware of your body constantly and you will get there. There's nothing wacky, spooky or anything about this, its simple science or whatever. If someone sees a car accident he or she will fly into his/her head. Most people will return into their body afterwards but we don't because we're scared. Fear of fear. So it's dead simple, focus on your energy, pull your energy downwards by what technique you want, you believe in.

One of the pretty 'newer' methods on the market is EFT. Guess what they do in this therapy ? Auto suggestion and body awareness. They say you should stroke over your chakra points and repeat senctences like 'im was bullied, tortured whatever but now im safe', repeat this loud to yourself and you will believe it. As far as I believe these chakra points in EFT are bullshit, but the auto suggestion and body touch are a good combination.

Concetrate on your body and you won't get panic attacks again! Concentrate on your body for the rest of your life and you'll be happy because you stop thinking.

Stop trying to find logical explanations to get out of 'DP/DR' because there are none. You can think 50 million times 'this is all bullshit, this is the reality' and you will even feel worse because you're thinking more and more. Your thoughts won't get you out of this state, they won't. Nothing else then your body energy can heal you. No medication can cure soul problems. You are the only person who can heal yourself. Start waiting for other people to cure you, like psychologists etc. because they won't. Instead of having psychologists have good, wise friends where you can tell your story/problems too.

Advanced Member

• Validating
  • 53 posts

Posted 01 November 2006 - 11:06 AM

Stop trying to find logical explanations to get out of 'DP/DR' because there are none. You can think 50 million times 'this is all bullshit, this is the reality' and you will even feel worse because you're thinking more and more. Your thoughts won't get you out of this state, they won't.

Sorry, i don't get it.
Wasn't it a thought of you to concentrate on your body?
Didn't it occur to you after overthinking 50 million other methods?
Maybe we have to think 50 million times on sth. before we consider it as useful or disturbing or whatever...many of my thougts i had aren't present anymore. I can't even tell what i thought.
These days i think about thinking and that freaks me out. I think my brain doesn't want to think anymore but i feel that i have to think some weird things before i can throw them off board. So i did with my sense of life thing...i came to terms that there isn't any sense. the sense of life is in my opinion life itself. so that freaked me again because i couldn't live the way i used to do.
i dont't know if this all makes sense to you all what i'm saying. don't mind, it doesn't for me either... :roll:
(sorry my bad english...german guy)

#15 lostsoul

lostsoul

Regular Contributor

• Validating
  • 255 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 01 November 2006 - 11:54 AM

Yes ofcourse it's something you think about after thinking 50 million times the same thing. I thought 50 million time about 1 thing and a zillion times about other things. And then I came up with a solution. And now i'm sharing what I think is the solution (and I received messages from people who recovered that this is a true theorie) because I want other people to cure too.

I'm not cured yet but I think I'm on the right path now.

It's all about fears. Obsessiveness are fears. Being not in your body are fears.

What are you afraid of ? Do things you are getting shocked by. For example I think I will get a heart attack when I go outside of the house (especially in the evening). Weird huh, that I get this feeling only when I'm not in the house... And I feel extra 'depersonalized' when I'm out of the house, I'm SCARED, I'm A COWARD.... thats the problem.

We're cowards who are in our minds because we're feared. If you want to get sane again stop being a coward, stop fearing and get in your body!!

#16 DEUSX

DEUSX

• DPSH Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 01 November 2006 - 12:35 PM

Let me rephrase some theories posted here by lostsoul. When a human encounters something fearful he will try to flee. If that is not possible (because it really is not possible or because the person THINKS it's not possible) the fog (aka depersonalisation/derealisation) will set in. It's a normal reaction in most animals (including humans).

It's a chemical reaction in the body to calm down panick feelings. Purpose of this fog is to calm down the feelings of panick as they are not productive. It is a reaction to EXTREME stress (for most it will be anxiety). Once you are in this state you have a tunnel vision (hence the problem with fast moving objects, lights etc) and you can use your brain to find an escape route.

In extreme extreme stress situations (for example near death) DP/DR serves as a natural tranquilizer. In normal situations once the trigger is removed the DP/DR disappears. In chronic DP/DR there still is trigger. Somewhere. Rationally it is impossible to switch this trigger off - by using ratio (being stuck in the mind) the situation worsens.

Cure is indeed returning to the body. And by returning to the body I mean doing things in life that will reverse the process described above - feeling that there is no need for fear. Once you feel this your mind will accept this notion and will stop the production of the 'DP/DR hormone'. For most this will mean that they will have to face what they are avoiding (as this is the key to the trigger). This is crucial as this will provide you with the notion what has to be positively re-affirmed. If your DP is triggered by a fear of failure for example trying to make steps forwards and eliminting this fear in little steps will decrase DP significantly (as your brain is used to new stimuli and sees that nothing happens).

Advanced Member

• Validating
  • 53 posts

Posted 01 November 2006 - 02:10 PM

So, going outside and doing the things we used to do, could be a way to find the trigger?
But why does it all shift so slowl?

#18 Guyver-Gabriel

Guyver-Gabriel

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 219 posts

Posted 02 November 2006 - 02:41 AM

hey guys!

I hope you're all doing better. heres a quick thought i had throughout the day.I've been feeling 'different' lately...some say i got weirder...some say i got better.Personally I'd liek to think i'm doing better...i really dont know which one to believe,though...but here...a friend of mine told me that other people's opinion is just just worth that. nothing more than an opinion. no absolute truth comes out of a person's mouth, or mind. so you've got to get yourself something to believe in. a motive to live.to live on. but anyways, thats a nice thought but thats not what really made me write this post. I realized that I got my condition through a lot of thinking which was exagerated by the drugs i took...(thanks to good'ole MJ and a one time experience w/ cocaine- to list the two major one IMHO that got me where I am today). Realizing that made me understand that
you 'think yourself into dp' but you have to 'trick yourself out of it'. as the original post stated, we retreated in our mind to shield ourselves from whatever dreadful thing we were not able/ready/willing to face.Therefore, if you want to recover, you have to pretend there's nothing wrong w/ you.do that everyday , and slowly the will to do little things will come back. dont fight those little needs or envies you feel you have.what?'feel' you have? BANG! your feelings are back.WHOA! awesome! but it'll most likely come out as a vague, blunt thingie you'll feel throughout your body and mind. so you'll need to do some major sorting out in what you think or feel. you've got to learn to say to yourself, 'its ok', 'i can do this or that'. the worse thing you can do is remain idle. wait for some godsent miracle to happen to you. you've got to muddle your way out of dp. you might feel it's to big to counter, you might be discouraged by the words of those who have lost their faith in recovery. but hey! it's nothing but opinions, a point of view! and, heck! even those who think they are doomed will recover. it takes a spark to light a huge fire. they havent found theirs yet.and that's about it!stay away from the illicit stuff as much as you can. personally, i like to smoke a J or drink a couple of beers from time to time.but only when I feel it'll be alright next morning.when i assume full responsibility of what might or might not occur the day after.
i'mm just trying to make myself happy, and do my best to be as close of the idea of a good person i have in mind.

to sum it up, people, dont aim for 'cured' aim for 'better'. and enjoy every little victory you win over this b*tch as if it were the last.

Gabriel.

#19 DEUSX

DEUSX

• DPSH Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 09 November 2006 - 04:33 PM

What is slow? Reducing DP/DR by 90% in three months after years of horror is rather quick I presume (my case).

Your body is accustomed to respond in a certain way (to produce hormones) - in order to re-programme your bodily sensations takes time.

If you hate giving presentations (for example) you can calm yourself down rationally (try to) or you can engage in doing it and re-programme the mind (that nothing wil happen). Or you can avoid it and look for answers why you are afraid of giving presentations (which is rather obvious if you Google it).

Advanced Member

• Validating
  • 51 posts

Posted 13 November 2006 - 01:37 PM

Hiya Fellas

I just landed from the Planet Pauluto and I'm looking for some intelligent life.

Seriously, I left a few posts on the intro section and I need some feedback to see if Im in the right dimension.

Someone speak to me?

Regular Contributor

• Validating
  • 62 posts

Posted 14 November 2006 - 04:32 AM

i wanted to post one question. Some of sufferers of DP or DR, whose experiences i read in this and oher website, say that they feel emotionless or like they dont feel anything. Does that mean they are not anxious? If we dont have anxiety any more, even in used-to-be stressful situations, is that the major step to recovery? Because if u dont feel the anxiety, stress anymore, u dont have panic attacks and there is little of what to fear, maybe that means we`re ON THE HIIIIGHWAYY to recovery? :) In that case, as i understand, we would just need to stimulate our emotions, like trying new experiences, re-engaging in things that you like or finding new ones, having some fun, or the best - fall in LOVE. . :D what do u think?

#22 lostsoul

lostsoul

Regular Contributor

• Validating
  • 255 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 15 November 2006 - 04:54 AM

Have you ever heard this song of Morcheeba? 'Fear can stop you loving' ?
Well its true :)

Simply because if you're afraid you will shoot into your head instead of your body. All your emotions are in your body, not in your head, this is 100% true. That's it... no medicine will help, no psychologist will help, no psychiatrist will help. Stop relying on outer things, start curing yourself. Stop spending days behind the computer, start getting out the house. How do you expect to have emotions when you don't get in touch with other people and their emotions ?

Morcheeba - Fear and Love
We always have a choice
Or at least I think we do
We can always use our voice
I thought this to be true
We can live in fear
Extend our selves to love
We can fall below
Or lift our selves above
Fear can stop you loving
Love can stop your fear
Fear can stop you loving
But it's not always that clear
I always try so hard
To share my self around
But now I'm closing up again
Drilling through the ground
Fear can stop you loving
Love can stop your fear
Fear can stop you loving
But it's not always that clear
I'd love to give my self away
But I find it hard to trust
I've got no map to find my way
Amongst these clouds of dust
Fear can stop you loving
Love can stop your fear
Fear can stop you loving
Love can stop your fear
Fear can stop you loving
Love can stop your fear
Fear can stop you loving
But it's not always that clear [4x][/b]

• Validating
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 16 November 2006 - 07:26 AM

I have often thought of what you have described in the first post as a good way to forcefully "kick" my brain back into a normal state, but first I need to find someone I really can connect with, which hasn't been anyone so far.

I've had a lot of talks with some of my longtime friends, but they really can't associate with me on such a personal level because of some fundamental differences we have. Honestly, I think a girlfriend would be the most cathartic of people to have such a powerful discussion with, but finding someone special who is understanding and caring enough would prove to be difficult. I would also consider using Ecstasy therapeutically in this setting would be of much benefit, providing it is relatively pure pill without meth or other adulterants.

#24 Guest_inthegrass_*

Guest_inthegrass_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 December 2006 - 11:24 AM

^it really does open you up, Englihs...a really big BODY buzz and completely healthy. just make sure you have something to do while you are on it.

i wanted to respond to this post because i've been DP for my entire life and a large part of that has been due to my lack of confidence in standing alone and finding things that i like doing or at least want to try. i've done things--rode motocross, raced gocarts, and a lot of other sporting type things, but never with a point to it. i never really got the full effect when i wrecked or cleared a jump because i didn't feel the exilleration of it. even driving should be a stressful obstacle if you're worried enough about being in a crash or hitting someone else.

i believe that if you're in your body, you'll worry about how your body feels, and thus what it experiences in terms of health-related issues or things more related to what pumps adrenaline into your head.

i also wanted to ask...does anyone have the problem of having mental images interrupt them while you're trying to do something, meaning, do you sometimes watch your fantasies like movies in your head?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users