The Truth About DP/DR, and Solution! - Recovery Stories - Depersonalization Community

Please Read the Community Forum Guidelines Before Posting.

Photo

The Truth About DP/DR, and Solution!

• Please log in to reply
71 replies to this topic

#1 lostsoul

lostsoul

Regular Contributor

• Validating
  • 255 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 26 October 2006 - 01:55 PM

I know this all might be hard to believe, i know how you feel, you believe in DP because you have to have something to call this shit by.

I'm suffering from 'DP/DR' for almost two years now. Here's the way out.

DP/DR is C.R.A.P, DP/DR doesn't exist, FORGET about DP/DR now!

Read this over and over.

When human where more primitive, thousands of years ago and when they were attacked they would go from their body to their mind to escape. The same do animals when they feel pain, they go their head because they can't handle the pain.
The problem is that we're in our HEAD/MIND instead of our BODY.
You are most-likely obsessed with anything. NO. This doesn't cause the DP/DR. The obsession is caused because you're in your mind.
Face it, where you full of courage your whole life ? NO! We are cowards, thats the whole problem. We were cowards when we were kids and this cowardness remained to us. If we had enough courage to face life we would be in our body.

Weed DIDN'T cause your 'DP/DR'. What caused it is that you had a bad trip and were soooooo scared that you shot up in your mind. Now you got so scared of your state that you remained in this state because you were scared for this state (isn't that ironic).

When someone has or witnesses a car accident this person will shoot up to his mind. We have this state (most of us) 24/7. The person who had a car accident understands it's safe after the accident. Feeling safe is the only thing a human needs to feel happy! We remain feeling unsafe because we got scared of the state. So we remained in our mind.

I bet that there are more men with DP/DR then women, simply because women are naturally more in their body.

All negativity comes from our MIND. Our body contains only positivity.

Ok, I hope i convinced you by now.... Now how do we get into our body ?

Simple, the ingredients are like this:

1) Socialize, meet people, have long talks.
2) Meet at the same night a wise friend if you have one. Let him talk you some sense in your mind. Talk for hours, you need a lot of common sense!
3) Now go to a save place. The place where you feel the most save. For me that is my bed. Lie down. Start talking loud to your self. Say 'I went thru a LOT of shit! I was bullied, tortured, whatever, BUT... now i'm safe!'
4) At the same time of talking some common sense to your self (AUTO SUGGESTION) start FEELING. I know you don't feel anything (DUH! you're not in your body, feelings don't come from your mind), but try to feel anyway, or if you really can't recognize anything try to guess what you feel. Do this every second! What do i feel now ? What do i feel now ?
5) At the same time feel your body ! What do i feel now in my body ? My hands ? Concentrate on your hands (MEDITATION). My feet ? My leg ? My head ?
6) While doing this your body might tremble, hurt or whatever. Don't get scared!!!!!!! DON'T! Don't get a panic attack! I give you my promise, YOU WON'T DIE!
6) Do this for as long it takes. I promise you, you will shoot into your body. This is the most amazing experience you will get in your life, PROMISED! It's totally magical. Now you want to stay in this state, believe me, you will! The best thing to ruin it is to get scared or anxious. Don't move, whatever you do don't move. When I got in this state I was so anxious to tell my loved ones what happened that I ruined it. Stay in your safe place for the next few hours until you're comfortable with this state.

When you do get out of this state, try again and again and again. To cure you need to get into your body!! You will be the most positive person on this planet if you are. You will thank the one who caused you your trauma because you're in this beautiful state.

THIS IS THE ONLY WAY OUT! FORGET ABOUT DP/DR, IT'S JUST A NAME FOR SOMETHING THAT EXISTS SINCE HUMAN MANDKIND.

o by the way, mental illness doesn't exist ! Depression, fobias, anixiety disorder, schizophrenia are all OVERANALYZED by psychologists/scientists. Even someone with schizophrenia would feel mental healthy when he or she would be in their body.

You might have a big fear of not living in the present, guess what, if you would be in your body you would live in the present.

You might have a big fear of feeling unreal, the world feels unreal, people feel unreal, guess what, if you would be in your body everything becomes real because you wouldn't even think about this issue.

Read this over and over: NEGATIVITY IS FEAR, POSITIVITY IS THE FEELING WHEN YOU FEEL SAFE

For the ones with a trauma: While feeling in your body talk to yourself about your trauma. Pretend you're in the trauma again, in the situation again. While being in your body you will notice you will remember stuff again which you now think you forgot. You have to face your trauma to get out of this shit, there is no other way. It's very painful but you have to. Afterwards you will become an extremely powerful human being!

If you need more help send me an email at [email protected]

Regular Contributor

• Validating
  • 90 posts

Posted 28 October 2006 - 06:42 AM

That is one of the most honest posts I've seen here.

And one of the most true.

"Peter Levine" related stuff again. I'm seeing this over and over.

Body Awareness IS THE solution.

Wonderful post lostsould, you might want to search for that authors work and also search here and google about "Waking the tiger".

Many people here have the same line of reasoning.

DP/DR is a label, and its actually a bad one!

I'm calling mine "Lolita" from this day forward :)

Great Contributor

• Validating
  • 421 posts

Posted 29 October 2006 - 08:34 PM

Lovely read

Advanced Member

• Validating
  • 52 posts

Posted 29 October 2006 - 11:28 PM

I don't think so Brad.

This would be me trying to do the exercise: 'I have an elbow...?'

#5 lostsoul

lostsoul

Regular Contributor

• Validating
  • 255 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 30 October 2006 - 06:19 AM

hey brad... my username isn't that ironic because i'm still extremely lost. But I'm trying with every atom in my body to recover. And I'm quite sure this is the way to deal with it. After I entered my body for 20 minutes I KNOW that this is the way out. I enter my body every day now and try to keep it there. But it needs a LOT of practice. You have to do this at least once a day for half an hour or more.

When you're in your body you will feel so peacefull and in the present. After doing this half an hour per day also try to be concious about your body the WHOLE day. Every second ask yourself what do I feel ? I feel sad, I feel my leg crossed on my other leg, I feel disappointed in life, I feel my feet getting hot etc.

Your thoughts aren't strong enough to find a solution for your problems.

Think about how happy and cheerful you were as a child. Don't you think there is no way in the whole universe to feel like this again just because you became older ? You can, everything is possible. Try to think gray instead of black and white. Children are totally in their body, they don't think about present and past. They don't have problems.
If you would be 100% in your body you would be as happy as a child. Your breathing would be that of a baby.

DP/DR isn't enlightment because we are not using our mind, we are using our thinking. Buddhists want to be in their body so they use their mind, this is why the meditate. Your mind is 10 times more powerful then your thinking.

I know this all sounds like crap, because there are so many people saying spiritual stuff. But believe me, YOU ARE IN YOUR MIND. There will be some day that you will feel yourself shooting from your mind into your body. You will not feel one part of your body but you will feel the energy of your whole body.

I have problems with my breathing for 2 years now, I don't breath automaticly anymore because a high dose of stress and very heavy constant headaches. When I enter my body my breathing is as that of a baby, my headaches dissapear. I see a energy in my head which I pull down to my body. I first feel my ears pop open, then I feel my upper body going slowly to my belly, to my legs and feet. And then you're one again, you're not only mind but body and mind. This is what you want, believe me. If you keep this state nothing in life can hurt you anymore.

Don't take my word for it, just do it! You're in this shit for what ? 1 year, 2 years, 30 years ? Then what does that half an hour trying this matters ?

Sorry for my bad english, i'm a dutch guy..

#6 lostsoul

lostsoul

Regular Contributor

• Validating
  • 255 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 30 October 2006 - 09:41 AM

Yes, it's really hard to keep trying to get out of this mess. But my username has nothing to do with this. I am still lost but trying to find solutions. For me this is probably the solution. It's not really meditating actually, because normal meditation gets me into a trance almost instantly, something that really doesn't make things better. This is something else then meditation, not sure how to label it; or perhaps better, lets not label it all...

One friend of mine had the same shit, he didn't know it had the label DP/DR but got out of it by concentrating on his body. Become fearless, get in your body, stop being melanchonic and you're out of this.

I think people here live in the past, or think they do.. thats the problem. But everything is solved when you're in your body. It's so simple..

Just be aware of everything you feel in your body during the day. This also helps against panic attacks.

#7 Pablo

Pablo

Senior DPSelfhelp.com Member

• DPSH Members
  • 1654 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 30 October 2006 - 09:42 AM

Very good post Lostsoul everybody should try to understand what you have written here, you know Buddhists say that there are three main centres a person can live from which are the head, the heart and the belly, most people live in the head, some live in the heart and few live in the belly, but the belly is the proper healthy place to function from. People with DP live 100% in the head.

although you make it sound like getting back into your body is an easy thing, unfortunately it is one of the hardest things in the world to do you have to undo a few hundred years of negative human conditioning and breakdown a lifetime of repressions, but it is possible and there are many techniques which can help, the one which I use is Chinese Qigong.

#8 lostsoul

lostsoul

Regular Contributor

• Validating
  • 255 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 30 October 2006 - 10:36 AM

I'm not sure how difficult it is, I think it strongly depends per person. First of all, as in anything in life, you have to believe in it. Actually it's not something to believe in, because it really is true.

Try this: Take a very cold shower or go outside with few clothes when its really cold. Now feel your body. You will feel your whole body. This is the condition you have to get in for the rest of your life.

For me it's not too difficult, I enter my body once a day. I just repeat to myself that I'm save now, that there is nothing to fear, I try to feel emotions and my body and I get in it slowly. But while doing this you shouldn't be scared. That's it, don't fear that anything bad will happen and you're in. The difficult part is to stay in. At some point you will see your soul flying in your head again slowly. This you have to avoid.

After my first into-body experience I noticed that there is something in your throat/upper body area that is blockade. This is an emotional blockade which is closed to people who have 'DP/DR'. Get into your body and now try to close this blockade when you're in your body and you're done! You will enjoy your whole life with the biggest enjoyment.

Advanced Member

• Validating
  • 52 posts

Posted 30 October 2006 - 12:42 PM

After my first into-body experience I noticed that there is something in your throat/upper body area that is blockade. This is an emotional blockade which is closed to people who have 'DP/DR'. Get into your body and now try to close this blockade when you're in your body and you're done! You will enjoy your whole life with the biggest enjoyment.

Close something that is already closed?

#10 DEUSX

DEUSX

• DPSH Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 30 October 2006 - 01:01 PM

LostSoul hit the nail on the head. Get out of your head and get back into your body. In other words: stop thinking start living. DP/DR is a symptom of anxiety; anxious people have a tunnel vision (hence the fog, problems with lights, fast moving objects etc.) and still tend to overanalyze the situation when the trigger is removed. There are some excellent posts here on the forum with the same message.

#11 lostsoul

lostsoul

Regular Contributor

• Validating
  • 255 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 30 October 2006 - 08:23 PM

Close something that is already closed?

Yes, it's closed in the wrong direction. The blockade is closed now so your energy is in your head, when you open this blockade and let the energy flow to your body again you have to close the blockade again so you stay in your body. You will notice that when you're in your body you will get this strong urge to let the energy flow to your head again. To prevent this from happening you need enough courage to block this blockade so the energy can't flow to your head again.

I know this all sounds very hocus-pocus and I am a very critical person who doesn't believe in any hocus-pocus crap, but don't judge it until you've been in your body and you know what i'm talking about.

#12 Pablo

Pablo

Senior DPSelfhelp.com Member

• DPSH Members
  • 1654 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 31 October 2006 - 05:21 PM

I have lost you, are you saying that you can pull your soul back into your body just by intention? I have tried a lot of strange alternative therapies which involve energy blocks with many trying to ground you in your body but all this sounds pretty crackers to me :?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users