How did Jeffrey Abugel recover? - Page 5 - Discussion - Depersonalization Community

Please Read the Community Forum Guidelines Before Posting.

Photo

How did Jeffrey Abugel recover?

Jeffrey Abugel cure recovery Stranger to my self daphne simeon

• Please log in to reply
51 replies to this topic

#49 leminaseri

leminaseri

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 113 posts

Posted 07 October 2020 - 08:03 AM

If one looks at “Brainsway” own site over providers your clinic that you refers to should only have a coil for major depression and not OCD. They write that another provider should have both the coil/ helmet for depression and OCD. It could be an error or he just wrote some generalizations about deep tms and only have a coil for depression. The other provider they say should have a coil for OCD is this one. https://www.kemalarikan.com/

yeah youre right. they have also the h7 coil for ocd, but i dont know if they have neuronavigation. i just wrote them. they will likely have similar prices.

#50 Mayer-Gross

Mayer-Gross

Great Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 566 posts
  • LocationDenmark

Posted 07 October 2020 - 08:16 AM

yeah youre right. they have also the h7 coil for ocd, but i dont know if they have neuronavigation. i just wrote them. they will likely have similar prices.

No, there is no normal set up for neuronavigation in their pictures. It could be that they use a more primitive method that is also cheaper. That the navigation is done separately once and the location is marked with a pen and photos are taken and the mark is then refreshed every time you come. 

#51 leminaseri

leminaseri

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 113 posts

Posted 07 October 2020 - 08:22 AM

No, there is no normal set up for neuronavigation in their pictures. It could be that they use a more primitive method that is also cheaper. That the navigation is done separately once and the location is marked with a pen and photos are taken and the mark is then refreshed every time you come.

i hate my luck. one provider hasnt neuronavigation and the other not that coil.. why always me..

#52 Mayer-Gross

Mayer-Gross

Great Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 566 posts
  • LocationDenmark

Posted 07 October 2020 - 08:53 AM

Ok, but address it as two separate problems. Try the right TPJ/angular gyrus and or the right VLPFC at the one who have neuronavigation at first. The MRI scan will likely be burned on a disk and then you have that problem solved and it can be used other places. If it doesn’t work and the French trails scanning part confirms that the medial prefrontal and anterior cingulate plays a central role then it is easier to convince a psychiatrist to try a OCD protocol later. 

a resent review of brain scans in dissociative states writes about depersonalization: 

3.2.1. Depersonalization/derealization disorder

Most of the studies conducted in DPD patients presented alterations in functional brain activity in frontal gyri, especially the medial prefrontal gyrus, cingulate, and insula (Ketay et al., 2014Lemche et al., 20072016Medford et al., 20062016Weniger et al., 2013). A study by Lemche et al. (2016) tested the neural correlates of inhibitory capacity via a combined Stroop/negative priming task. They found greater activation of the dorsomedial prefrontal cortex and posterior cingulate cortex in DPD patients during the Stroop task (n = 9) as compared to healthy controls (n = 12). Medford et al. (2016) examined brain activation in response to emotive visual stimuli in DPD patients (n = 14) as compared to healthy controls (n = 25). The patient group exhibited lower activity in the secondary visual cortex as well as increased activation in dorsolateral prefrontal cortex and anterior cingulate cortex. Related research (Lemche et al., 2007) demonstrated that DPD patients (n = 9) showed decreased BOLD signals in hypothalamus and amygdala during the processing of happy and sad facial expression compared to healthy subjects (n = 12). However, DPD patients (n = 9) also exhibited a greater activation than healthy controls (n = 10) in response to viewing their own faces vs. that of a stranger in the frontal cortices (anterior cingulate cortex, bilateral medial prefrontal cortex, and left middle frontal gyri) (Ketay et al., 2014). Another study (Medford et al., 2006) indicated lower activation in bilateral frontal areas, bilateral precuneus, and cerebellum during target word recognition task in DPD patients (n = 10) than healthy controls (n = 12).

https://www.scienced...4?via=ihub#bib3

So, Brainsway OCD coil could likely affect this location. 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Jeffrey Abugel, cure, recovery, Stranger to my self, daphne simeon

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users