Really struggling with a blank mind, I don't want to live like this. Please please please help. - Page 2 - Introduce Yourself - Depersonalization Community

Please Read the Community Forum Guidelines Before Posting.

Photo

Really struggling with a blank mind, I don't want to live like this. Please please please help.

blank mind help marijunana weed

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#13 MichaelTheAnhedonic

MichaelTheAnhedonic

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 89 posts

Posted 18 July 2017 - 02:37 PM

It could explain why stimulants seem to help you. I think the technical term for such a finding is hypofrontality.

Yes, indeed. I knew about hypofrontality and stimulants long before the scan. The results just confirmed this. But they're not sustainable solution. Can't take it anymore cuz I've got Hashimoto and I react differently to meds. When the thyroid will be healed, then maybe I will take it again.

#14 TDX

TDX

Senior DPSelfhelp.com Member

• Banned
  • 1370 posts

Posted 18 July 2017 - 04:08 PM

Yes, indeed. I knew about hypofrontality and stimulants long before the scan. The results just confirmed this. But they're not sustainable solution. Can't take it anymore cuz I've got Hashimoto and I react differently to meds. When the thyroid will be healed, then maybe I will take it again.

I think I've read the clozapine sometimes partially helps against hypofrontality in schizophrenia. It also allegedly sometimes works against the negative symptoms, but I haven't found good evidence for this. But perhaps it is worth a try, even in spite of you not having schizophrenia.

Unfortunately for me Clozapine (200 mg/day) didn't work. The only really notable thing was that it is the most sedating medication I ever took and unlike Mirtazapine there was no tolerance to it. But I don't have schizophrenia and it is also not certain if I have hypofrontality.

#15 Ernestia Ignis

Ernestia Ignis

• DPSH Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 14 April 2018 - 03:56 PM

I have the same symptoms a you- a blank mind, complete emptiness of thought, no creativity 

(I'm really sad about having lost that too) as well as lack of train of thought. (Yeah, no internal voice or anything).

Lack of visual imagery too.

I'm rly sorry ur career as an aspiring film-maker got bashed... ik how that feels. I miss being able to write, or paint...

art used to be my main passion.

Perhaps brain scans may help- although it's known "roughly" what goes on with these symptoms- 

i'm studying to be a neurologist so that I can target medication options

What have you tried so far?

#16 Ernestia Ignis

Ernestia Ignis

• DPSH Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 14 April 2018 - 04:05 PM

have you had your consultation with the neurologist regarding meds michaelttheAnhedonic? what options did they give you?

#17 blankxi

blankxi

• DPSH Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 18 December 2020 - 09:56 AM

Hey, I was just wondering how your blank mind has been? Did it improve?

#18 Mayer-Gross

Mayer-Gross

Great Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 645 posts
  • LocationDenmark

Posted 18 December 2020 - 11:36 AM

Hey, I was just wondering how your blank mind has been? Did it improve?

Look, at the profile of those who made the posts in this thread and you can see when they where active the last time. He who started the thread was active the last time in 2017. Very unlikely that you will get a reply. 

#19 Mattakriptic

Mattakriptic

Advanced Member

• DPSH Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 21 December 2020 - 01:47 AM

Hello my brother!

Firstly how are you? I briefly read your thread & I'm sincerely sorry to hear your going through, I've had similar symptoms, not EXACTLY the same, but quite relatable in some aspects.

So with that being said, I literally just came across this video and I thought it MIGHT be helpful, I can't promise you that it'll work as I will literally begin these steps myself haha -

With that being said, I think I read somewhere that you were a filmmaker? Would love to see some of your stuff my dude!

All the best man, hope to hear a response from you dude!

-Matt   

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: blank mind, help, marijunana, weed

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users