How do I get help? - Discussion - Depersonalization Community

Please Read the Community Forum Guidelines Before Posting.

Photo

How do I get help?

New

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Sophia17

Sophia17

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 04 June 2017 - 01:44 PM

I have a constant feeling like something isn't right. Dealing with this "disconnected" feeling nonstop for the past 2 almost 3 years has really beaten me down and I feel like I'm stuck. I'm really feeling depressed lately because I'm in a constant state of not feeling like I or anything around me exists. I feel like this is now effecting me both mentally and physically? I really want to get help since my symptoms are just getting worse. I am 16, so as you can imagine when I try to explain this problem to my parents they tell me that "it's all in my head" and they tell me it's all my fault for feeling this way. I have accepted that only I can fully understand how I feel but I can't help but feel alone. If anyone can recommend tips on how to get help because I really can't do this by myself anymore, I can barely make it through the day.

#2 WreckingHotelRooms

WreckingHotelRooms

Senior DPSelfhelp.com Member

• DPSH Members
  • 978 posts

Posted 10 June 2017 - 08:34 PM

sucks when your parents don't get it, i'd say most people including me had a long hard battle and many doctor trips until it was understood, my Dad is still in the it's in your head camp, while as my mum know doesn't understand it or try as much as i'd like supports me trying to get better. 

My advice least the best thing I can think of is PM me your email and i'll send you Kings College documents, it kinda explains the disorder and talks about treatments, it might be a good start. I even show this document to doctors as most are don't have a clue despite DP not being that rare of a disorder. 

Only thing is, I don't know many people who get offered much medication at 16. Not saying you can't but i'm not sure how willing some doctors are, in saying that people with bipolar get offered a lot heavier medication from any age. 

One last thing, it's not in your head. 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: New

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users