Anyone else have it 24/7 - Page 2 - Introduce Yourself - Depersonalization Community

Please Read the Community Forum Guidelines Before Posting.

Photo

Anyone else have it 24/7

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#13 Natee

Natee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 17 May 2017 - 06:05 PM

I still have alot of DP symptoms but the medicine takes the overwhelming power out of the symptoms and as a result i can function....I have never been totally DP free since i deveoped it but as a result of meds I can function....And from where i was that is huge for me....When i had DP in its chronic form I was literally left totally incapacitated squirming in my bed in absolute hell....Low dose anti psychotic took me out of that state and handed me a big chunk of my life back...

I wouldnt wish were I was on my worst enemy...I came so close to taking my own life several times..In fact at the time if euthanasia had been legal in this country I would have taken that option in an instant....Not today though...Today im normally a 6 out of 10 and that is fine by me....

Can you tell me what anti psychotic they gave you? I just started Wellbutrin a week ago but I don't think that's the route I need to go. I told the doctor and neurologist how I feel and I don't think they really understand it.

I have DP 24/7 now, it all started after smoking some laced weed (pupils were dilated like crazy, freaked me out) and then the DP started the next day and lasted 7 days. I woke up on the 8th morning and it was completely gone, I was me again and so relieved. It stayed gone for 6 months and came back off and on last August after some stressful events, now it's back 24-7 since January.

#14 eddy1886

eddy1886

Senior DPSelfhelp.com Member

• DPSH Members
  • 1903 posts
  • LocationIreland

Posted 24 May 2017 - 04:25 PM

Sulpiride (200mg once a day in the morning time) Its a minimum dose!

#15 Conansam1

Conansam1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 24 May 2017 - 11:35 PM

Yes, I have had it since January 26, 1973, 24/7. I obviously had to learn how to adjust to it.

#16 Betts17

Betts17

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 25 May 2017 - 05:14 PM

21 years. Not 24/7 thankfully. This is life though. Some of us just have it worse than others.

#17 rose1523

rose1523

• DPSH Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 09 March 2020 - 12:17 AM

I know this reply is 3 years late but i just found out about this term at all. Ive had this for as long as i can remember, not in episodes but 24/7. It would get worse with social anxiety, anxiety in general, etc and it wouldnt be as bad at all when im having a break down but it would still be there. I dont remember a time i didnt have this, for years i thought i was the only one and that i was weird. I dont know what life is without this disorder. I have yet to be diagnosed but im almost positive ive found my answers.

#18 Turkeyvulture24

Turkeyvulture24

• DPSH Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • LocationLewis Center, Ohio

Posted 14 March 2020 - 11:29 PM

24/7 for 1 year. 

#19 IsabellaM

IsabellaM

• DPSH Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 27 March 2020 - 05:02 AM

Hi I’m new here and as I’m reading the posts I’m so happy to see that what I’m experiencing isn’t just happening to me. I’m not alone. Unlike some, I have no idea what triggered it for me but I’ve had it for about 4 years now 24/7. In the beginning I cried every day because all I wanted was for this to stop but I had to grow to adjust. Therapy helped but I am no longer going. I did have an edible and freaked out from it but not sure if that triggered because symptoms didn’t start until a day or few after I came down from it. I also have had some very triggering life situations come my way. I don’t know what caused it but I can feel it getting worse these past weeks. I think talking will help so here I am.

#20 PerfectFifth

PerfectFifth

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 323 posts

Posted 27 March 2020 - 03:22 PM

24/7 for a decade+.

#21 REB

REB

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 134 posts

Posted 27 March 2020 - 05:45 PM

16 years.

#22 LizFerret

LizFerret

Advanced Member

• DPSH Members
  • 49 posts

Posted 05 April 2020 - 02:33 PM

I know this reply is 3 years late but i just found out about this term at all. Ive had this for as long as i can remember, not in episodes but 24/7. It would get worse with social anxiety, anxiety in general, etc and it wouldnt be as bad at all when im having a break down but it would still be there. I dont remember a time i didnt have this, for years i thought i was the only one and that i was weird. I dont know what life is without this disorder. I have yet to be diagnosed but im almost positive ive found my answers.

#23 LizFerret

LizFerret

Advanced Member

• DPSH Members
  • 49 posts

Posted 05 April 2020 - 02:34 PM

Same here, non stop dpdr.
Taking meds, the condition got better with meds, time and rest.

#24 LizFerret

LizFerret

Advanced Member

• DPSH Members
  • 49 posts

Posted 05 April 2020 - 02:41 PM

My personal issue is that I am trying to figure out when my dpdr started but cannot.
I have been to the depts of it and back.
Some parts of my life were so painful that I barely remember. I felt like a zombie few last years before "crash". Eventually it got unbearable.
After years of meds and therapy, I am doing pretty good and gradually getting better but not fully recovered yet.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users