Anyone else have it 24/7 - Introduce Yourself - Depersonalization Community

Please Read the Community Forum Guidelines Before Posting.

Photo

Anyone else have it 24/7

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 Badger

Badger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 05 May 2017 - 03:38 PM

I've had this disorder 24/7 for several months, while most have it in episodes.

#2 Sgoodman91

Sgoodman91

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 08 May 2017 - 10:24 PM

Going on 2 years 24/7.

#3 RedSky

RedSky

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 128 posts
  • LocationBorn in Detriot MI currently in Honolulu HI

Posted 09 May 2017 - 04:33 PM

I have had 24/7 DR for ten years now

#4 ThoughtOnFire

ThoughtOnFire

Custodian

• Administrators
  • 1320 posts
  • LocationMiddle of the Veil

Posted 09 May 2017 - 05:53 PM

while most have it in episodes.

This is not true. Most people I've talked to in the DP Community, since 2009, the vast majority of them have been having it 24/7.

In fact, episodic DP is more rare, and actually what characterizes 'Depersonalization Disorder' is the quality of it being Chronic, as in 24/7.

I've had DP for almost 14 years now, every second of every day.

#5 eddy1886

eddy1886

Senior DPSelfhelp.com Member

• DPSH Members
  • 1903 posts
  • LocationIreland

Posted 09 May 2017 - 09:57 PM

24 / 7 in the early years until meds saved my life...

It is now episodic only during times of extreme stress....Hence i avoid stress like the plague...In fact I have slowed my life down totally over the last number of years...The fast pace of modern living was just too much for me to cope with...

#6 AshleyFS

AshleyFS

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 09 May 2017 - 10:26 PM

I have depersonalization 24/7 and derealization in episodes. My derealization usually only acts up when I get paranoid or other form of anxiety start to become apparent. 

#7 FranticallyNumb

FranticallyNumb

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 63 posts

Posted 14 May 2017 - 11:27 PM

Pretty much, yeh. Well that's not true. I'll have a row of days where the dp is there but very much in the background and I do feel more normal/happy-like, almost manic. And then randomly I'll get a troubling thought/memory about the beginning months of my dissociative experience or perhaps an overthinking of why my memories feel distant or my mannerisms/behavior and I'll tremble, body will go cold and hot, sharp head aches, feet going numb, and I'm in constant panic/paranoia for the next few days. Something unexpectedly will trigger me to fight the feeling/regain sanity, feel optimistic and then I'll feel happy and peppy again. Repeat. Every time it's this loss and then recovery of hope and identity, such exhaustion and fury. I'm sorry for all the detail and negativity here D= Not an uplifting answer...I've had dp for almost 9 years now.

#8 dreamedm

dreamedm

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 175 posts
  • LocationBrooklyn, New York

Posted 15 May 2017 - 10:42 PM

It is now episodic only during times of extreme stress....Hence i avoid stress like the plague...In fact I have slowed my life down totally over the last number of years...The fast pace of modern living was just too much for me to cope with...

So you're feeling normal otherwise, thanks to the meds? Not numbed out or anything?

#9 Billy D.P.

Billy D.P.

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 375 posts

Posted 15 May 2017 - 11:45 PM

Is it safe to say drug induced is more likely to be 24-7? Sure seems like it...

#10 reactor

reactor

Advanced Member

• DPSH Members
  • 59 posts

Posted 16 May 2017 - 12:22 AM

you feel symptom free most of the time?

#11 reactor

reactor

Advanced Member

• DPSH Members
  • 59 posts

Posted 16 May 2017 - 12:24 AM

I have had 24/7 DR for ten years now

awesome. very inspirational

#12 eddy1886

eddy1886

Senior DPSelfhelp.com Member

• DPSH Members
  • 1903 posts
  • LocationIreland

Posted 16 May 2017 - 01:10 AM

So you're feeling normal otherwise, thanks to the meds? Not numbed out or anything?

I still have alot of DP symptoms but the medicine takes the overwhelming power out of the symptoms and as a result i can function....I have never been totally DP free since i deveoped it but as a result of meds I can function....And from where i was that is huge for me....When i had DP in its chronic form I was literally left totally incapacitated squirming in my bed in absolute hell....Low dose anti psychotic took me out of that state and handed me a big chunk of my life back...

I wouldnt wish were I was on my worst enemy...I came so close to taking my own life several times..In fact at the time if euthanasia had been legal in this country I would have taken that option in an instant....Not today though...Today im normally a 6 out of 10 and that is fine by me....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users