Injection that can reduce anxiety and depersonalization - Page 42 - Treatment Options - Depersonalization Community

Please Read the Community Forum Guidelines Before Posting.

Photo

Injection that can reduce anxiety and depersonalization

depersonalization disorder anxiety recovery stellate ganglion block injection brain fog treatment depersonalization PTSD cure

• Please log in to reply
494 replies to this topic

#493 dead alive

dead alive

• DPSH Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 30 August 2018 - 03:07 AM

There was a guy from the Initiative Depersonalization Studies group on Facebook who tried and reported positive effects, despite not having helped in PD, helped in anxiety. Follows his relate

Since I had my SGB procedure, I have to say that it was worth the investment. Not because it cured me from DPD, but because how it changed my outlook and attitude towards my father.

Before I had the procedure, I could barely stand sitting in the same room with him. I would have two dialogues going on in my head if I was forced to sit and talk to him. A normal one out loud, and an inner one where I was thinking how much I'd like to punch him in the face, among other things. We really had no relationship to speak of. This has been going on for decades. All my abuse issues stem from him.

Since the procedure, I feel completely different in terms of how I view him. When I talk to him, the only dialogue I have is the one out loud. I don't start getting angry, defensive and on edge when he's around. We actually have seeked out each others company. Even when I try to think about things that would usually make me mad or emotional, I can't. It's like they didn't happen. It's like all the times I've tried to forgive him finally worked. I have never gotten along with him like this. I've even offered to make him a sandwich if he's watching television, or getting him a beer.

I still have much better visual acuity. I'm calmer, and have less fear. I'm also more aggressive. I know it sounds like an odd combo, but I do feel calmer, lighter in spirit, and also more confident and sure of myself. I can't explain the aggression. I just know when I walk into a room, I size people up and don't feel any fear.

It's a great feeling not to carry around any baggage as it pertains to my father. It's like we are starting our relationship all over again. This alone was worth getting the procedure.

#494 DPDrMom

DPDrMom

• DPSH Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 10 May 2019 - 04:18 AM

Does anyone have a doctor in California who has the balls to prescribe new treatments like this.   We need help finding a doctor.  We are being told they won't take us on a patient at all.  Please PM me if you know of any decent California doctors for an adult. 

Please Help

Please DM me....can you DM on this site?  If not, please reply.  Thanks

#495 leminaseri

leminaseri

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 146 posts

Posted 31 October 2020 - 04:50 AM

This is the best most definitve post Ive read on here for a long time if ever....Fair play Valley Girl.....We are all delighted for you....And thanks so much for the updates...Your experience and info is invaluable to the rest of us (Especially those with either CPTSD or PTSD) It may not work for us with the illegal drug induced DP but I can see amazing potetntial for those whos DP came about as a result of abuse etc.....In fact I can see where this would be very very useful for girls who have been either physically emotionally or sexually abused...

Well done miss!!!!!!!!!

what if i recovered fully once from drug induced and then relapsed from abusing? do i have now both reasons? or was the first cause solved?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: depersonalization disorder, anxiety, recovery, stellate ganglion block, injection, brain fog, treatment, depersonalization, PTSD, cure

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users