Injection that can reduce anxiety and depersonalization - Page 3 - Treatment Options - Depersonalization Community

Please Read the Community Forum Guidelines Before Posting.

Photo

Injection that can reduce anxiety and depersonalization

depersonalization disorder anxiety recovery stellate ganglion block injection brain fog treatment depersonalization PTSD cure

• Please log in to reply
494 replies to this topic

#25 WreckingHotelRooms

WreckingHotelRooms

Senior DPSelfhelp.com Member

• DPSH Members
  • 978 posts

Posted 26 May 2017 - 06:01 PM

Double post, but this is easily the most interesting thread....i'm obsessed with this now. 

Okay so articles are hit and miss but if you are bored, want some gossip and some people telling you how it went 

https://www.myptsd.c...e.11417/page-10

every so often you get some bitching when it starts saying the words "Chemical, Brain, Problem" time to skip. 

I'll not spoil the tread but some girly gossip in it too. 

#26 cl1max

cl1max

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 82 posts
  • LocationNY

Posted 26 May 2017 - 08:25 PM

Hopefully a mod will approve my comments soon. 

The treatment looks hopeful, but also there have been reported cases of "locked-in syndrome" after this treatment. I would not want anyone to be in a worse state after treatment. 

https://www.ncbi.nlm...les/PMC2943702/

Cheers

#27 Glidarn

Glidarn

Advanced Member

• DPSH Members
  • 36 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 26 May 2017 - 10:14 PM

Finally something really intresting, thanks alot, OP for this! Someone should make this thread viewable to everyone on the "home-page" of website, it really seems to be something promising. Next time i speak to my Psychologist im going to mention this and try to get help by them to see if i can get this done close to where i live aswell, it just looks to promising not to try..

Just think if this could be the miracle cure we have all been waiting for, like wow, think about feeling emotions again.. I'd do anything to get back into reality again!

Much love to you all, keep up the good stuff and never give up guys & girls!

#28 XBrave

XBrave

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 132 posts

Posted 27 May 2017 - 02:11 AM

Hey guys unfortunatley i still have moments where my depersonalization comes back but in a very controllable way; so it's not a MIRACLE CURE! Maybe I will do the procedure again haha. At least im still calm and didn't have panic attacks, nightmares, thinking im going crazy and depression since the first injection.

I also read that many patients with ptsd needed two injectionts in the neck at the same time to get the best result.

I would only recommend this procedure if your depersonalization is combinated with extreme anxiety.

Here is the newest video:

https://m.youtube.co...h?v=2067AbwCHqs

ray46,

thanks for sharing this

please keep us updated! 

#29 morph

morph

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 171 posts

Posted 27 May 2017 - 07:03 AM

Well, they(us military guys) say dp is a dissociative sub-type of PTSD (a version of ptsd with numbness, derealization and without flashbacks) . In most of the cases dp starts with a terrifying experience/panic attacks.

and what is interesting is that sympathetic nervous system is always working full force with dp. i have not seen any dp sufferer who is 100% calm and enjoying all the moments of his life. That's hardly fuckin possible because The sympathetic nervous system is controlling the body automatically 24/7; without you realizing it. That's why it's so fuckin hard to stop the feeling. to let it go. because it is being done subconsciously. the tightness most of us feel in our body is probably caused by the over activity of the sympathetic nervous system.

The ganglion shot seems to disable this freezing response and enable the parasympathetic nervous system to take care of the body and produce calming effects. i remember reading recovery story of a guy who snapped out of his dp by meditating for 7 days with a Buddhist group after years of suffering. deep breathing actually activates the parasympathetic nervous system; what we generally do in meditation. While the sympathetic nervous system is responsible for producing adrenaline, Norepinephrine[/size] [/size], cortiol, ... the parasympathetic nervous system produces all the calming and happy neurotransmitters like serotonin and helps create an Alpha brain wave pattern.

also, there are articles mirroring dp with Complex ptsd or accumulated trauma.

so generally i think we're dealing with the nervous system here. As i remember after smoking weed, i had something like a nervous overload sometimes like my nervous system was not that tough to handle massive amounts of thc/marijuana.

anyways, that was my view on this that i liked to share. hope we get positive results from this treatment. 

https://www.ptsd.va....ype_of_PTSD.asp

Interestingly, in cases of extreme dissociation (shutting down of sensory, motor and speech systems)) parasympathetic dominance occurs. When this occurs during trauma, extreme fear may lead to a state of serenity/ bliss.

#30 XBrave

XBrave

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 132 posts

Posted 27 May 2017 - 09:11 AM

Interestingly, in cases of extreme dissociation (shutting down of sensory, motor and speech systems)) parasympathetic dominance occurs. When this occurs during trauma, extreme fear may lead to a state of serenity/ bliss.

all i mean is that, i think there is dysfunction in Autonomic Nervous System activity. The remedy is to reset this unbalance. There is either Sympathetic or Parasympathetic over-activity. I have not seen many cases with parasympathetic dominance though.

personally, i think my sympathetic nervous system (freeze response) is always in charge based on these facts:

1_ My shoulders are always tightened up so hard they could reach my ears. I realize this consciously at times and loosen them up. but in no time they are tight again. this also happens with my stomach, neck and jaw. they are automatically tight 24/7.

2_I can never let go of the anxious thoughts. I don't have intense anxiety or anything but i always feel like there are threats to my existence. I can never ease off in my bed. Those bs absurd thoughts are popping up 24/7 in my head. (My dp is not blank mind dp_ it's more of a depressive "you're enlightened" "let's do zazen" kinda dp with a shitload of inner monologues)

the fact that some people have snapped out of DDD after water fasting/ taking supplements/ going on a paleolithic diet... supports the fact that the autonomic nervous system needs a reboot. then what gives your body a reboot?! it's different for everybody. but possible.

this treatment may not cure all of us but it could and it will bring some temporary relief for some. I'm waiting for people to post results about this but am really positive about it.

#31 WreckingHotelRooms

WreckingHotelRooms

• DPSH Members
  • 978 posts

Posted 27 May 2017 - 03:07 PM

Hey guys unfortunatley i still have moments where my depersonalization comes back but in a very controllable way; so it's not a MIRACLE CURE! Maybe I will do the procedure again haha. At least im still calm and didn't have panic attacks, nightmares, thinking im going crazy and depression since the first injection.

I also read that many patients with ptsd needed two injectionts in the neck at the same time to get the best result.

I would only recommend this procedure if your depersonalization is combinated with extreme anxiety.

That video is interesting C6 is the standard one you can get for pain and loads of things, this doctor has now added C3. 

So maybe the PTSD one I looked into does both...that's why it's nearly double the price, i doubt it but i will be annoying them again to find out Monday. 

#32 WreckingHotelRooms

WreckingHotelRooms

• DPSH Members
  • 978 posts

Posted 27 May 2017 - 03:16 PM

Thanks for this thread. So you now just get it in bursts, what would you say the symptoms that come back are if you don't mind?

it killed the emotional numbness i am guessing by the fact your depression is gone?

#33 Ray46

Ray46

Advanced Member

• DPSH Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 27 May 2017 - 04:31 PM

Yes, it's very important to point out that there are several side effects & complications that can arise due to this procedure. We must do our homework first!

:)

That's why the stellate ganglion block should be performed under an X-ray image.

#34 Ray46

Ray46

Advanced Member

• DPSH Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 27 May 2017 - 04:41 PM

Thanks for this thread. So you now just get it in bursts, what would you say the symptoms that come back are if you don't mind?
it killed the emotional numbness i am guessing by the fact your depression is gone?

Yeah it killed my emotional numbness. Just sometimes in stressful situations the brain fog comes back but im not in panic anymore.

By the way stellate ganglion block is also used for tinnitus. So you could say to the doctor that you have an anxiety disorder which gives you tinnitus and that this procedure would be a win win situation for you because you red that it also helps with anxiety.

#35 M1k3y

M1k3y

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 382 posts

Posted 27 May 2017 - 06:20 PM

The OP was diagnosed with PTSD. What will be interesting is how Depersonalized people without PTSD will respond to this treatment.

i think everyone with DP has PTSD, in a way, reading this topic, i was thinking to myself and i releaved some stress of a pass incidnet that was some what haunting me today and i didnt even kno it, until i thought deep about it and realized it, when i first read about DP, a lot was reaching back into the past, healing from those past traumas, thats how we get over DP, this is a effiencent way

#36 M1k3y

M1k3y

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 382 posts

Posted 27 May 2017 - 06:21 PM

This is remarkable. I wish there was a way to check to see if you have excess ganglia buildup that causes this.. to know if the shot actually will help. There are some complications to the injection

http://umrehabortho....ganglion-blocks

which is why I am also nervous to even ask for this treatment. 

Secondly, how do those that recover naturally compare to those who use this treatment. If the anesthesia is literally killing the bad nerves, then how are the ones who recover without anything losing those nerves?

I myself have gone through a really bad car accident (https://www.gannett-...umpbrighton.jpg) and before you ask, no I wasnt the driver or in the passenger seat thankfully. 

Though DP has surfaced 4.25 years after the accident, but I think it was mostly weed and stress induced. 

AKA I just want to know how I can truly qualify for this shot because I dont want to get it if I dont need it. Also, I have been seeing general improvements to the DPDR, especially regarding the DR itself. I have anxiety, fog, floaters, concentration issues mostly.

This is revolutionary though. And I pray to god this is the missing link for many long term sufferers both on and of the forums/reddit.

everything is gonna have something bad about it, they say it so u cant sue em, im sure this shot will help us all

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: depersonalization disorder, anxiety, recovery, stellate ganglion block, injection, brain fog, treatment, depersonalization, PTSD, cure

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users