Aware of eyesight - The Daily Forum - Depersonalization Community

Please Read the Community Forum Guidelines Before Posting.

Photo

Aware of eyesight

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 Akkie

Akkie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 22 March 2017 - 02:12 PM

Hello everybody,

I've got a new problem. I can't take my focus of my eyesight. It seems like I see for the first time. I'm very aware of my eyesight and it's freaking me out. You can't walk away from it or don't think of it because you have to see the whole day. Can anybody relate to this? Hope to hear from you.

#2 Hedgehog fuzz

Hedgehog fuzz

Great Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 452 posts

Posted 25 March 2017 - 06:02 AM

yes i can totally relate to it. i have had this since the onset of my dp/dr avbout 6 months ago. it is really damn scary i know. i am hoping that a medication will help me out with that. let me know how you get on. 

#3 Phocus

Phocus

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 133 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 25 March 2017 - 06:28 AM

I have this problem. I never noticed certain things about my eyesight and now I'm very aware of it and I can't take my mind off of it.

#4 Pondererer

Pondererer

Senior DPSelfhelp.com Member

• DPSH Members
  • 877 posts
  • LocationBergen, Norway

Posted 25 March 2017 - 09:27 PM

It's not a big problem anymore, but it always has been a huge deal up until now. So weird having 2 cameras attached to your head that streams new info non stop no matter what. These days i just enjoy the gift of sight :)

#5 Kmac0917

Kmac0917

• Guests
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 14 December 2019 - 05:44 PM

Hello everybody,

I've got a new problem. I can't take my focus of my eyesight. It seems like I see for the first time. I'm very aware of my eyesight and it's freaking me out. You can't walk away from it or don't think of it because you have to see the whole day. Can anybody relate to this? Hope to hear from you.

#6 Kmac0917

Kmac0917

• Guests
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 14 December 2019 - 05:47 PM

Yooooo I’m crying because this happened to me !!! It was debilitating and awful and by far the worst part of this shit !! Im sorry I cursed but gee whiz I’m so angry we had to go through this. It really takes the DR to another level. For me it’s calmed down and it’s really only aggravated when I have to drive which is everyday I hope it gets better

#7 samsone700

samsone700

• DPSH Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
  • LocationDenmark

Posted 15 December 2019 - 12:33 PM

I can relate to this! Not just all my focus is on my sight but the phenomenon of seeing faces and  things in random patterns, like when you see shapes that resemble stuff in the skies. Its normal but it feels like its the first time i see it and it terrifies me cause i'm thinking i'm about to go insane.

#8 Kmac0917

Kmac0917

• Guests
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 17 December 2019 - 06:36 PM

I can relate to this! Not just all my focus is on my sight but the phenomenon of seeing faces and things in random patterns, like when you see shapes that resemble stuff in the skies. Its normal but it feels like its the first time i see it and it terrifies me cause i'm thinking i'm about to go insane.

That is weird!! I can’t imagine dealing with that plus the feeling of seeing everything for the first time, being aware of your own eyesight and feeling behind your eyes. My period makes it so much worse

#9 WreckingHotelRooms

WreckingHotelRooms

• DPSH Members
  • 978 posts

Posted 18 December 2019 - 03:34 AM

I can relate to this! Not just all my focus is on my sight but the phenomenon of seeing faces and  things in random patterns, like when you see shapes that resemble stuff in the skies. Its normal but it feels like its the first time i see it and it terrifies me cause i'm thinking i'm about to go insane.

seeing faces and patterns is common in HPPD you know? which also has DP/DR...

#10 Emptyflask

Emptyflask

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 135 posts

Posted 18 December 2019 - 09:47 AM

Im always aware of my eyesight, its truely a nightmare. I cant believe im ever looking through my eyes. Everything always seems brand new. I focus on my eyesight, then focus on my awareness itself and wonder how the hell i even exist. Get it constantly. Ill feel like im going insane or just intense fear of whats going on when it happens. Somewhat got over it for a while but for some reason, non of this makes sense still.

#11 forestx5

forestx5

• DPSH Members
  • 1298 posts
  • Locationcentral virginia blue ridge mountains

Posted 18 December 2019 - 10:11 AM

Yes.  Following damaging temporal lobe seizures, I noticed every change of my eyes focus.  It made my vision seem to be a slide show, rather than moving video. Then there was the introduction of heavy floaters which I can see now against the LED display of my computer,

and finally the frequent occurrence of ocular migraines with aura.  The slide show effect slowly (very slowly as in years and not days) resolved.  I still have the floaters and ocular migraines, though the migraine aura is not as long or strong as it once was in my youth.

#12 Kmac0917

Kmac0917

• Guests
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 22 December 2019 - 12:23 AM

Im always aware of my eyesight, its truely a nightmare. I cant believe im ever looking through my eyes. Everything always seems brand new. I focus on my eyesight, then focus on my awareness itself and wonder how the hell i even exist. Get it constantly. Ill feel like im going insane or just intense fear of whats going on when it happens. Somewhat got over it for a while but for some reason, non of this makes sense still.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users