Can Psilocybin/Magic Mushrooms help? - Page 3 - Treatment Options - Depersonalization Community

Please Read the Community Forum Guidelines Before Posting.

Photo

Can Psilocybin/Magic Mushrooms help?

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#25 tfiio

tfiio

Great Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 428 posts
  • LocationWashington

Posted 15 November 2016 - 04:57 PM

um, just to clarify a couple common misunderstandings I'm seeing here, yes and no to eddy1886's "all drugs are addictive". there are two different types of addiction, physical and psychological. not all drugs are physically addictive. these are the ones for which you suffer minimal physical withdrawal symptoms. typically marijuana, mushrooms, etc are not physically addictive. compare going long periods of time without marijuana to, say, long periods of time without tobacco, or alcohol, or even caffeine, all of which are physically addictive substances.

however, literally anything has the possibility of being psychologically addictive. gambling, gaming, any sort of drug, even running. this is when your mind associates a positive feeling with one of these substances or activities, so it craves it. there are minimal physical withdrawal symptoms, but you feel that need, that craving, you desperately want it.

and marijuana is technically a depressant, like alcohol and painkillers and such. (I looked this up to double-check.) while it can sometimes produce hallucinations, its most prevalent effect is simply "slowing down" the nervous system. this is why it generally causes lethargy, calm, disinhibition, things like that.

I've never done any illegal substances personally, but from the descriptions I have heard from friends, I think perhaps a hallucinogen is not exactly the best thing to pair with a sense of disconnect from the world around you. if you decide to try, please have a trusted friend with you who is good at calming you down in case of panic and won't let you get yourself into any serious trouble.

#26 Ezeh Stanley

Ezeh Stanley

• DPSH Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 14 April 2020 - 08:20 AM

I have never used drugs or smoked weed but can't really tell how I got this. I slept and woke up like this, always having existential thoughts and sees my self and people as robots.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users