Can Psilocybin/Magic Mushrooms help? - Page 2 - Treatment Options - Depersonalization Community

Please Read the Community Forum Guidelines Before Posting.

Photo

Can Psilocybin/Magic Mushrooms help?

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#13 forestx5

forestx5

Senior DPSelfhelp.com Member

• DPSH Members
  • 1248 posts
  • Locationcentral virginia blue ridge mountains

Posted 13 November 2016 - 10:58 PM

www.erowid.com is a web site that chronicles the experiences of people who take controlled substances.  Some people have what they describe as "enlightening" experiences while others have train wrecks from hell.  I have never taken psychedelics but I become almost psychotic on cannabis, so I have no interest.  I don't believe that psychedelics are a remedy for dp or dr, but that is just my uninformed opinion.

#14 AMUNT

AMUNT

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 190 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 14 November 2016 - 03:34 AM

LostSoul26 just remember this......

Even though you are left with your mental ill health you are no longer a part of the seedy world that is illegal drugs....

All those people who I used to hang out with in my drug taking years wanted nothing to do with me when I got ill and quit drugs...I found out the meaning of true friendship when I got away from that life....

I had nothing in common with these people except for the fact that we got wasted together....

When I gave it all up I was put in the path of true friends and honest decent people who actually gave a shit about me....

Yes I was left with DP but the people that were put in my path after I quit my drug life are now priceless to me...They actually care, have my back and have my best interest at heart....

What i used to think were my friends (my drug taking associates) were actually toxic individuals....Most of these people are still doing the same shit years later and their lives are utter chaos....

I am so thankful I am no longer part of that....Even though I dont have much in life as regards material things i have something that is worth much more than any of that...I have a clear conscience!

What has this to do with psilocybin mushrooms? Its not an adictive drug. I have heard many positives about psychadelics, that they could help cure PTSD and Depression for ex.. stop lumping in psychs with Cocaine and Meth

#15 eddy1886

eddy1886

• DPSH Members
  • 1903 posts
  • LocationIreland

Posted 14 November 2016 - 03:55 AM

Enlightenment? Hmmmmmm

I used to be able to walk through a park, or sit by a river, or listen to music, or stare at amazing architecture, or look at the moon and stars, or absorb the sunshine, or converse with someone of the same intellect, or play chess, or watch documentaries about amazing places in the world, or visit amazing places in the world and sit in wonderment, or walk barefoot across the grass in a lush meadow, or listen to birds sing in spring, or feel invigorated on a crystal clear winters night, or breath in the clean air high up in the mountains, or swim under a waterfall, or get lost in a forest etc etc etc etc etc......

Like a f*****g idiot I took   "psychedelic"   drugs to try and enhance these beautiful NATURAL life experiences....Now as a result half the time I cant even bring myself to do these beautiful things because of the fear I am now encompassed with and even if I can I dont experience them properly anymore....Im left flat and numb to these wonderful things which used to amaze me and leave me in awe....

What the f**k kind of human being takes whats given so naturally to us (our sense of pleasure) and tries to enhance it with chemicals....I will tell you what kind of human being...A complete F*****G idiot.... Sadly there are so many of us who took this path (Me included) 

If you are searching for enlightenment take a trip through the long term psychiatric ward in your local hospital or through the terminally ill ward in a childrens hospital.....If that doesnt wake you up to reality then im sorry you are beyond proper advice and will have to learn the hard way like the rest of us on here...

Early morning rant over!!!

#16 AMUNT

AMUNT

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 190 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 14 November 2016 - 04:35 AM

Enlightenment? Hmmmmmm

I used to be able to walk through a park, or sit by a river, or listen to music, or stare at amazing architecture, or look at the moon and stars, or absorb the sunshine, or converse with someone of the same intellect, or play chess, or watch documentaries about amazing places in the world, or visit amazing places in the world and sit in wonderment, or walk barefoot across the grass in a lush meadow, or listen to birds sing in spring, or feel invigorated on a crystal clear winters night, or breath in the clean air high up in the mountains, or swim under a waterfall, or get lost in a forest etc etc etc etc etc......

Like a f*****g idiot I took "psychedelic" drugs to try and enhance these beautiful NATURAL life experiences....Now as a result half the time I cant even bring myself to do these beautiful things because of the fear I am now encompassed with and even if I can I dont experience them properly anymore....Im left flat and numb to these wonderful things which used to amaze me and leave me in awe....

What the f**k kind of human being takes whats given so naturally to us (our sense of pleasure) and tries to enhance it with chemicals....I will tell you what kind of human being...A complete F*****G idiot.... Sadly there are so many of us who took this path (Me included)

If you are searching for enlightenment take a trip through the long term psychiatric ward in your local hospital or through the terminally ill ward in a childrens hospital.....If that doesnt wake you up to reality then im sorry you are beyond proper advice and will have to learn the hard way like the rest of us on here...

Early morning rant over!!!

Well i have for example seen examples here on this site where people have been Cured with Psilocybin or even Weed.

How heavy of a dose did you take?

Also what are your symptoms with DR/DP? Are you selfdiagnosed? Are you as me not sure what you have is even DP/DR, do you have these symptoms i listed in the OP?

I feel sometimes ppl on this site have a vast field of different conditions, myself highly doubt i have what most here would feel is the DP side of things with existential thought and all that. Visual fuckery and brainfog for me

#17 eddy1886

eddy1886

• DPSH Members
  • 1903 posts
  • LocationIreland

Posted 14 November 2016 - 04:59 AM

What has this to do with psilocybin mushrooms? Its not an adictive drug. I have heard many positives about psychadelics, that they could help cure PTSD and Depression for ex.. stop lumping in psychs with Cocaine and Meth

ALL!!!! drugs are addictive....If you think otherwise you are seriously misinformed.....

And yes I do have Chronic DP diagnosed by a psychiatrist not by myself...

If you dont believe you have DP why are you here?

This is a support group for DP sufferers not a Forum to discuss taking psychedelic drugs...

Im sure there are plenty of OTHER Forums out there where you can discuss experimenting with psychedelic drugs....This is NOT one of them...

#18 AMUNT

AMUNT

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 190 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 14 November 2016 - 05:15 AM

ALL!!!! drugs are addictive....If you think otherwise you are seriously misinformed.....

And yes I do have Chronic DP diagnosed by a psychiatrist not by myself...

If you dont believe you have DP why are you here?

This is a support group for DP sufferers not a Forum to discuss taking psychedelic drugs...

Im sure there are plenty of OTHER Forums out there where you can discuss experimenting with psychedelic drugs....This is NOT one of them...

You are in treatmentoptions pal. Here we discuss every drug/medicine. Leave if you dont like it and stop hijacking the thread

And no you are just plain wrong that LSD and Psilocybin are addictive cuz theyre not.

Furthermore you didnt answer my questions in my last post on what is your condition like with symptoms and what dosage of what substance you took.

You are also forgetting that ppl here have acording to themselfs actually been cured from DP by psychs.

#19 eddy1886

eddy1886

• DPSH Members
  • 1903 posts
  • LocationIreland

Posted 14 November 2016 - 05:30 AM

Im sure you will get the positive feedback you are looking for on the "PSCHEDELICS  ARE WONDERFUL" forum...... Maybe try heading over there...

One thing you wont find on there though is any mention of DP....

Best of luck....You may have your thread back now!

#20 Mydp

Mydp

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 206 posts

Posted 14 November 2016 - 09:48 AM

Since one of your chief complaints in visual disturbances (floaters), I advise you to research HPPD before decided to take any kind of psychedelic.

https://en.m.wikiped...eption_disorder

With that said, as someone else who experienced floaters and was greatly disturbed by them, I recommended you find a pair of sunglasses and make them your best friend. They work wonders when it comes to floaters since they disguise them when you are wearing them, you will focus of the floaters less.

#21 AMUNT

AMUNT

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 190 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 14 November 2016 - 11:22 AM

Since one of your chief complaints in visual disturbances (floaters), I advise you to research HPPD before decided to take any kind of psychedelic.

https://en.m.wikiped...eption_disorder

With that said, as someone else who experienced floaters and was greatly disturbed by them, I recommended you find a pair of sunglasses and make them your best friend. They work wonders when it comes to floaters since they disguise them when you are wearing them, you will focus of the floaters less.

will probably use sunglasses more as they atleast help slightly with on of my symptoms.. on HPPD then: I dont have any halucinations really and i have never taken any psychadelic

#22 Mydp

Mydp

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 206 posts

Posted 14 November 2016 - 02:23 PM

will probably use sunglasses more as they atleast help slightly with on of my symptoms.. on HPPD then: I dont have any halucinations really and i have never taken any psychadelic

I understand that you haven't now. I'm saying that if floaters bother you, imagine how bad it would suck to have HPPD, which is a risk you take with psilicybin/mushrooms.

#23 Newchie97

Newchie97

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 102 posts

Posted 14 November 2016 - 03:15 PM

This is prollya noob questiom but is weed even considered a psychidelic?

#24 Mydp

Mydp

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 206 posts

Posted 14 November 2016 - 06:31 PM

This is prollya noob questiom but is weed even considered a psychidelic?

I think technically it is, actually, but different from other psychedelics.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users