Can Psilocybin/Magic Mushrooms help? - Treatment Options - Depersonalization Community

Please Read the Community Forum Guidelines Before Posting.

Photo

Can Psilocybin/Magic Mushrooms help?

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#1 AMUNT

AMUNT

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 190 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 13 November 2016 - 02:17 PM

First i would like to say that im not sure i have DP/DR, maybe just DR idk.. i have have visual fuckery (floaters and static) and brainfog and the disconncted felling between eyes and brain. Never done anything other than alchohol and never abused alchohol. Got my condiction from stress i think, had a few panic attacks and then i had this shit. Now i have never had any shizo/psychosis which brings me into the topic of Psilocybin and other psychadelics, could they be benfitial to me and others like me based on all this? Your thoughts?

Also i might add if it has anything to do with anything.. that i have aura migrains like twice a year. Furthermore i suspect i have OCD like thought patterns

#2 mind.divided

mind.divided

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 231 posts

Posted 13 November 2016 - 04:47 PM

I don't think taking any psychedelics will help you, but that's just my opinion. A lot of people get this from taking those drugs in the first place so I don't see how it could help...but who knows? 

#3 eddy1886

eddy1886

Senior DPSelfhelp.com Member

• DPSH Members
  • 1903 posts
  • LocationIreland

Posted 13 November 2016 - 06:10 PM

If you are in any way an anxious, nervous or fearful type of person normally DO NOT take any psychedellic drug.....Your anxiety, nervousness and fear levels will shoot through the roof while on these types of drugs and you will what we all call in the trade "take a bad trip"   

More than likely as a result you will end up in the emergency ward begging for them to give you a Valium overdose to calm you down....

So in a nutshell "NO" Magic Mushrooms will not help....

Now on the other hand if you are the type of person who enjoys a good scare and you want to try and bring your DP to another level of absolute terror by all means be my guest and dose yourself up with a bunch of Shrooms and Weed and LSD and Ecstasy and Crystal Meth and Cocaine and Ketamine....

Im sorry but I can never understand why anybody with DP would even consider taking such a chance....I dont care what anybody says!! If you mess with psychedellic drugs you may as well point a loaded gun at your head and play Russian Roulette.....

Oh and by the way if you are pro Weed etc and are reading this and are tempted to reply please go off to the appropriate Forum and post your views there....You have no place on a Forum like this one promoting substances which basically F****d peoples lives up....

#4 Pondererer

Pondererer

• DPSH Members
  • 877 posts
  • LocationBergen, Norway

Posted 13 November 2016 - 06:24 PM

I actually tried this before i knew what DP/DR was. It did absolutely not help! I was pretty messed up at those times, i think i might even have had a small panick attack without even noticing because i was in a bad condition (even before the shrooms). It didn't really freak me out too much, it was just kind of overwhelming and confusing, and goddamn it lasts for a long time. The drug lasts for like 3-4 hours, which feels like 8h+. 

Interesting side note:  My friend who took it aswell, described it as: confusing, overwhelming and he was really worried it would never go again. He kept saying he was thinking: "am i gonna be like this for the rest of my life"? I thought to myself: mother of god, if you only knew what my daily life is like -.-

#5 eddy1886

eddy1886

• DPSH Members
  • 1903 posts
  • LocationIreland

Posted 13 November 2016 - 06:45 PM

I actually tried this before i knew what DP/DR was. It did absolutely not help! I was pretty messed up at those times, i think i might even have had a small panick attack without even noticing because i was in a bad condition (even before the shrooms). It didn't really freak me out too much, it was just kind of overwhelming and confusing, and goddamn it lasts for a long time. The drug lasts for like 3-4 hours, which feels like 8h+. 

Interesting side note:  My friend who took it aswell, described it as: confusing, overwhelming and he was really worried it would never go again. He kept saying he was thinking: "am i gonna be like this for the rest of my life"? I thought to myself: mother of god, if you only knew what my daily life is like -.-

Can you imagine what it was like at Woodstock....Holy f**k !!!!! That was probably like ending up in DP purgatory....

Actually thats a seriously scarey thought....

What the f**k where any of us thinking when we started taking psychedelic drugs.....

One things for sure....For all of us on here, trying to make ourselves feel happier and higher ended up in total disaster....I do see one ironic positive though...It frightened us off drugs permanently.....Imagine where we would have ended up if our drug experiences were constantly positive....

We would all be total burn outs!!!!!

#6 AMUNT

AMUNT

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 190 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 13 November 2016 - 06:48 PM

If you are in any way an anxious, nervous or fearful type of person normally DO NOT take any psychedellic drug.....Your anxiety, nervousness and fear levels will shoot through the roof while on these types of drugs and you will what we all call in the trade "take a bad trip"

More than likely as a result you will end up in the emergency ward begging for them to give you a Valium overdose to calm you down....

So in a nutshell "NO" Magic Mushrooms will not help....

Now on the other hand if you are the type of person who enjoys a good scare and you want to try and bring your DP to another level of absolute terror by all means be my guest and dose yourself up with a bunch of Shrooms and Weed and LSD and Ecstasy and Crystal Meth and Cocaine and Ketamine....

Im sorry but I can never understand why anybody with DP would even consider taking such a chance....I dont care what anybody says!! If you mess with psychedellic drugs you may as well point a loaded gun at your head and play Russian Roulette.....

Oh and by the way if you are pro Weed etc and are reading this and are tempted to reply please go off to the appropriate Forum and post your views there....You have no place on a Forum like this one promoting substances which basically F****d peoples lives up....

Sounds like you describe a 5 gram and above dried mushroom trip from what i have read. Im talking perhaps 1 or 2 grams or even microdosing. Do you have experience with psychadelics and in different dosages of LSD/Shrooms?

I dont even think i have DP (dont know), i dont go around having existential crisis atleast. listed my symtoms in the OP

Im still kinda curious about psychadelics i must admit

#7 Pondererer

Pondererer

• DPSH Members
  • 877 posts
  • LocationBergen, Norway

Posted 13 November 2016 - 06:48 PM

Can you imagine what it was like at Woodstock....Holy f**k !!!!! That was probably like ending up in DP purgatory....

Actually thats a seriously scarey thought....

What the f**k where any of us thinking when we started taking psychedelic drugs.....

One things for sure....For all of us on here, trying to make ourselves feel happier and higher ended up in total disaster....I do see one ironic positive though...It frightened us off drugs permanently.....Imagine where we would have ended up if our drug experiences were constantly positive....

We would all be total burn outs!!!!!

My "logic" was simple, try something New that People find pleasure in,maybe, Just maybe it would help :P

I was luckily in a calm enviorement

#8 eddy1886

eddy1886

• DPSH Members
  • 1903 posts
  • LocationIreland

Posted 13 November 2016 - 07:22 PM

The irony is this....

I took drugs to try make myself feel happier....

As a result I now have to take prescribed ones to help me function and make me feel relatively normal...

The moral of the story????............"If ya do the crime be prepared to do the time"...

And lets face it as DP sufferers we are certainly doing the time now!!!

Heres food for thought though.....If you are in any way compelled to take drugs to make you feel happier does that not tell you your life has something wrong with it in the first place......Its at that stage where I believe therapy can work wonders for a person....Not years later when they have seriously f****d up the chemical balance in their brains with mind bending substances.....

There is a message here.....Dont mess with the body and minds natural processes...Feed both with good positive natural stuff in the first place and you will have no problems....

#9 Lostsoul26

Lostsoul26

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 145 posts

Posted 13 November 2016 - 07:41 PM

^^^^
I agree with you 100percent
I remember telling my sis wow they weren't lying in school when they said say NO to drugs.smh I know I fucked up the neurotransmitters n my brain but fuck man I had no one to look out for me my parents were dead by the time I was 13 I was a depressed n highly anxious person since I was a kid.my older cousin through x at me like candy and I had no fukin info about the stuff.n then being depressed and wanting an escape I did the shit at least 9 times.ending up in this dp hell.I stayed away from hardcore drugs tho since 17.having it around me plenty of times.still foolishly took a hit of weed here and there.n I always thought otf why dont drugs effect other people the way they effect me.now I no for sure that someone with existing mental illness any one with existing anxiety depression even if its mild has no fukin business taking any type of drug.they really need to have better drug classes in school starting with 6th grade and keep drilling that shit into the kids head every year so they know its not a fukin joke.not just elementary D.A.R.E BS that lil kids dont even pay attention to.the threat is in junior high back then we didnt have fukin smart phones I was oblivious to what any drug really was or did.my 22 yr old cousin tells me to take a pill ill like it me like a dumby ummm ok smh still have so much resentment towards her.

#10 Lostsoul26

Lostsoul26

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 145 posts

Posted 13 November 2016 - 07:46 PM

And I feel like a damn burn out n there's people out there I knew who took x 30 0r 40 times compared to my 9times n they seem n a way better condition then me.just goes to show u are playing Russian roullete every time u take a drug no one is the same.makes me hate myself even more because I really really have no one to blame but myself I took the drugs I put myself here it always makes me want to cry

#11 Lostsoul26

Lostsoul26

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 145 posts

Posted 13 November 2016 - 07:50 PM

Sorry for getting off topic yall just frustrating and fucked up

#12 eddy1886

eddy1886

• DPSH Members
  • 1903 posts
  • LocationIreland

Posted 13 November 2016 - 08:14 PM

LostSoul26 just remember this......

Even though you are left with your mental ill health you are no longer a part of the seedy world that is illegal drugs....

All those people who I used to hang out with in my drug taking years wanted nothing to do with me when I got ill and quit drugs...I found out the meaning of true friendship when I got away from that life....

I had nothing in common with these people except for the fact that we got wasted together....

When I gave it all up I was put in the path of true friends and honest decent people who actually gave a shit about me....

Yes I was left with DP but the people that were put in my path after I quit my drug life are now priceless to me...They actually care, have my back and have my best interest at heart....

What i used to think were my friends (my drug taking associates) were actually toxic individuals....Most of these people are still doing the same shit years later and their lives are utter chaos....

I am so thankful I am no longer part of that....Even though I dont have much in life as regards material things i have something that is worth much more than any of that...I have a clear conscience!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users