Does Trump election add to your DR? - Page 2 - DPSelfhelp.com Member Polls - Depersonalization Community

Please Read the Community Forum Guidelines Before Posting.

Photo

Does Trump election add to your DR?

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

Poll: Does Trump being elected add to your symptoms? (48 member(s) have cast votes)

Any more DP, DR or otherwise?

1. Voted Yes (20 votes [41.67%])

Percentage of vote: 41.67%

2. Voted No (28 votes [58.33%])

Percentage of vote: 58.33%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#13 Artmuzz

Artmuzz

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 103 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted 12 November 2016 - 03:08 AM

This is going to sound stupid but the Trump election win made me paranoid that I had either died or been transported to a parallel universe which triggered off panic and made my DR worse. I experienced the same feeling when the Brexit vote won. Of course with suffering DPDR for the past year it has made me think that the Trump and Brexit win is all not real.

#14 58779

Regular Contributor

• Guests
  • 122 posts

Posted 12 November 2016 - 09:27 AM

This is going to sound stupid but the Trump election win made me paranoid that I had either died or been transported to a parallel universe which triggered off panic and made my DR worse. I experienced the same feeling when the Brexit vote won. Of course with suffering DPDR for the past year it has made me think that the Trump and Brexit win is all not real.

Not at all. Dramatic events our attentions catch or things out of the ordinary are very triggering for people dealing with existential issues. Once I even got triggered because things started to go the way I wanted for once and it felt very surreal to me adding to my dpdr. Same as political changes in my country or I started to work for the first time. I already felt in a dream, and these are not ordinary events so it is more evidence this is a dream, this is the thought process as you are familiar with.

There are also a lot of similar experiences in this forum.

#15 forestx5

forestx5

Senior DPSelfhelp.com Member

• DPSH Members
  • 1263 posts
  • Locationcentral virginia blue ridge mountains

Posted 12 November 2016 - 10:45 AM

I didn't vote for the first time since I was 18.  Hillary has no soul.  The USA bombed Libya which resulted in Muammar Gadhafi being brutally beaten, sodomized with a bayonet,  and killed by a mob of rebel forces. Gaddafi was a world leader since 1969.  Libya had one of the highest standards of living in the middle east.  Look at Libya today.  Obama admits that Libya was his biggest mistake as president.  Hillary's response? "We came, we saw, he died. Haha"!  Hillary is a privileged white bitch who is most qualified to continue running the US government as it has been run for the past 8 years. Which means we continue to maintain over 800 military bases outside of the US.  We continue to spend 750 billion annually on "National Defense". It costs $68,000 to fly the F-22 Raptor for one hour.  We continue to have troops in combat in Iraq, Somalia, Afghanistan, and Syria while we fire missiles into Yemen. After 8 years, Obama has no legacy.  ObamaCare will be repealed.  If Trump carries out his promises, he will have a brick and mortar legacy in 4 years because walls don't evaporate.  If Trump and Putin get along well, then the Cold War can really be over, and the Military Industrial Complex can take a hike.  Not only will the USA save billions, but Russia, China, India etc can back off spending so much on war materials and put the $$ into giving their citizens an education and better way of life.  If anyone can "Drain the Swamp", it is Donald Trump.  And the swamp does need to be drained.  But the Donald needs to be very careful because the Military Industrial Complex has magic bullets. The liberal protestors acting out in Oregon and Washington DC are an embarrassment to progressives (like myself).   The President is only the executive of our government.  We have checks and balances.  It's no big deal.  Trump deserves a chance to lead.  For background on the Military Industrial Complex, google Eisenhower's farewell speech. You can also watch a youtube video of General Smedley Butler who won 2 medals of honor and wrote the book "War is a Racket".

#16 Guest_Phantasm_*

Guest_Phantasm_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 November 2016 - 11:52 AM

Something that's always confused me is why American's object so passionately to free health care, or "Obama care,"  like the national health service we have in the UK?

#17 TDX

TDX

Senior DPSelfhelp.com Member

• Banned
  • 1370 posts

Posted 12 November 2016 - 12:01 PM

Something that's always confused me is why American's object so passionately to free health care, or "Obama care,"  like the national health service we have in the UK?

I think their culture might partly be a problem. Freedom is regarded high in the USA and this also means the freedom to be without insurance. For example in Germany you are not allowed to be without health insurance. Unfortunately freedom can also be negative in the sense that you are on your own. I suppose here it's at least in part some kind of wild west spirit that keeps the US from doing the right thing.

#18 Guest_Jeff_*

Guest_Jeff_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 November 2016 - 01:14 PM

The reason americans object to universal healthcare is because we have this mindset of "every man for himself." I know plenty of people who say "I work hard, that motherfucker should too, if they don't, god help them when they get sick" 

It's sad, but it's true, and god forbid those people who work so hard ever were in the spot where they needed federal healthcare, I bet they would change their tunes. 

I'm not downgrading any of those hard workers because in a sense they are right, why should their money go to someone who is simply abusing the system, but their are people in this country that truly need federal or state help. Unfortunately, in this system the freeloaders outweigh those people and it's easy to overlook it. 

#19 Guest_Phantasm_*

Guest_Phantasm_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 November 2016 - 06:09 PM

So is it a case of, "I've had to pay my insurance, so should you" ? 

#20 Guest_Jeff_*

Guest_Jeff_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 November 2016 - 06:28 PM

So is it a case of, "I've had to pay my insurance, so should you" ? 

Yup, you hit the nail on the head, and it's more so, i paid my insurance, why should i pay for someone else's? 

#21 Guest_Phantasm_*

Guest_Phantasm_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 November 2016 - 08:32 PM

It's short-sighted tho,  

#22 Grindelwald

Grindelwald

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 302 posts

Posted 08 August 2017 - 06:57 PM

I had my bad weed trip after Trump's election but before he took office. I hate to get political, but I'll be honest, his election was a big factor in what caused my panic attack on weed. I had serious de ja vu and everything just felt like a loop and I completely freaked. I do not consider myself liberal or conservative, FWIW. But Trump scares me. 

#23 time2wakeup

time2wakeup

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 344 posts

Posted 17 August 2017 - 11:23 PM

This is going to sound stupid but the Trump election win made me paranoid that I had either died or been transported to a parallel universe

omg. I was deep in benzo withdrawal when Trump was elected, so I was already really paranoid and worried about going crazy from my symptoms. I stayed up til 3am or whenever it was that he came on to give his speech, everyone else had gone to sleep, and yeah I felt like I had entered the Twilight Zone or something, it was just horrifying.

#24 Grindelwald

Grindelwald

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 302 posts

Posted 20 August 2017 - 02:32 PM

omg. I was deep in benzo withdrawal when Trump was elected, so I was already really paranoid and worried about going crazy from my symptoms. I stayed up til 3am or whenever it was that he came on to give his speech, everyone else had gone to sleep, and yeah I felt like I had entered the Twilight Zone or something, it was just horrifying.

I was actually high on election night, and that was actually a big help in getting through that night. At about 9 PM I was like "huh, Trump's actually gonna win this thing." I didn't care all that much at the time even though I begrudgingly supported Clinton. This was back when I didn't have a hint of DP and weed didn't screw with me. Things changed for me horribly in the next couple of months. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users