Does Trump election add to your DR? - DPSelfhelp.com Member Polls - Depersonalization Community

Please Read the Community Forum Guidelines Before Posting.

Photo

Does Trump election add to your DR?

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

Poll: Does Trump being elected add to your symptoms? (48 member(s) have cast votes)

Any more DP, DR or otherwise?

1. Voted Yes (20 votes [41.67%])

Percentage of vote: 41.67%

2. Voted No (28 votes [58.33%])

Percentage of vote: 58.33%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 aworthycause

aworthycause

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 166 posts

Posted 09 November 2016 - 10:05 AM

Halfway serious poll here. :P

I'm mostly recovered but I felt some disbelief in the world, derealization and nausea this morning. And I'm not even American.

#2 Guest_Jeff_*

Guest_Jeff_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 November 2016 - 11:13 AM

No, I truly feel bad for those that live in states where the affordable care act is in place because if he does as he says bye bye insurance. I will give him a chance though and see how he does before I criticize too much. 

#3 Guest_Phantasm_*

Guest_Phantasm_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 November 2016 - 11:50 AM

c0d7c431b6e17d1ae9c82d4364e106d7a21cd0ac

#4 Guest_Phantasm_*

Guest_Phantasm_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 November 2016 - 11:55 AM

I don't really know what to think tbh! I can understand that people want change and don't really trust Hillary, but Trump? It's a bold move... 

#5 TDX

TDX

Senior DPSelfhelp.com Member

• Banned
  • 1370 posts

Posted 09 November 2016 - 12:40 PM

Unfortunately in more and more states in western countries populists gain power. Trump in the USA, the Brexit in Britain, the Front National in France, the AfD in Germany, Viktor Orban in Hungary, the PiS in Poland and Erdogan in the Turkey. This is a worrying trend.

#6 Lellaboo

Lellaboo

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 60 posts

Posted 09 November 2016 - 01:25 PM

I was so shocked this morning to see this, and I live in England. I don't get too much into politics outside the UK. Neither of them are candidates you'd want running your country, but I truly thought Clinton would have trumped him. No pun intended  ;-) 

After everything I've read about Trump saying, I don't see how anyone could vote for such a racist, sexist, fascist and whatever else he is..there's no words. I respect everyone's opinions and hope I haven't offended anyone...but whaaat?! 
Then again, I heard something today about Hilary defending a child rapist? I have no idea. Even more reason to lose faith in this world.

#7 Chicane

Chicane

Senior DPSelfhelp.com Member

• DPSH Members
  • 663 posts
  • LocationSoda City

Posted 09 November 2016 - 03:09 PM

I don't get the impression that it makes all that much difference who you put in office. Trump comes off as pompous but that's all we really know for now. He may mellow out and prove a lot more diplomatic as president. You'd certainly expect that from someone with his business background. In any case, what politicians say on the road is often very different to what they do (and are permitted to do) once elected. I doubt he's going to be all that volatile and reckless now he's been elected - he knows he has to sort out healthcare and such, and it would be silly to assume what he may do based on what we've seen on things like TV shows. He has congress to get through and a whole host of other mitigating factors that will force him to play nice.

Either way I think everyone just needs to chill out and maybe go on vacation or something. All this presidential hysteria is pretty absurd. Don't get me wrong, I really thought Clinton would win, and I find this all a bit surreal, but I don't think it made my condition worse at all. 

#8 dope

dope

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 323 posts

Posted 09 November 2016 - 03:11 PM

I don't know. 

Honestly, here where I live (Portugal) we were all very surprised about it. I really did think that Americans wouldn't be dumb enough to actually chose someone like Donald Trump. No offence.
I know Hillary wasn't good either. It's true, she wasn't. But at least she actually knows about politics, after all her husband was president and she herself was First Lady.
Donald Trump is just someone who was rich enough to get his name out there, he was only someone who was in a show and nothing else. Does he have any political experience? No. Did he even serve in the military? No.
My heart goes out to all the Hillary supporters, and to America in general.

Good Luck you guys!

#9 freezeup

freezeup

Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 223 posts

Posted 09 November 2016 - 03:37 PM

"Donald Trump is just someone who was rich enough to get his name out there, he was only someone who was in a show and nothing else."

as much as I don't like him, hes not just a reality TV star. Hes been involved with real estate for decades and was given the least amount of media coverage of any candidate. Hillary 100% should have won it, donald trump is a ticking time bomb. Whatever he says\has said in the past has real world consequences that people seem to forget about over "Hes going to be something new in office!". This is the guy whos said: 

“You know, it really doesn’t matter what the media write as long as you’ve got a young, and beautiful, piece of ass.” 

“If I were running ‘The View’, I’d fire Rosie O’Donnell. I mean, I’d look at her right in that fat, ugly face of hers, I’d say ‘Rosie, you’re fired.’”

“All of the women on The Apprentice flirted with me – consciously or unconsciously. That’s to be expected.”

“My fingers are long and beautiful, as, it has been well documented, are various other parts of my body.”

“I have never seen a thin person drinking Diet Coke.”

“My IQ is one of the highest — and you all know it! Please don’t feel so stupid or insecure; it’s not your fault.”

and of course: 

So congrats everyone, we got a new face in the office, but have set back race\lgbt and religious relations back thirty years. 

#10 Lellaboo

Lellaboo

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 60 posts

Posted 09 November 2016 - 04:18 PM

"Donald Trump is just someone who was rich enough to get his name out there, he was only someone who was in a show and nothing else."

as much as I don't like him, hes not just a reality TV star. Hes been involved with real estate for decades and was given the least amount of media coverage of any candidate. Hillary 100% should have won it, donald trump is a ticking time bomb. Whatever he says\has said in the past has real world consequences that people seem to forget about over "Hes going to be something new in office!". This is the guy whos said: 

“You know, it really doesn’t matter what the media write as long as you’ve got a young, and beautiful, piece of ass.” 

“If I were running ‘The View’, I’d fire Rosie O’Donnell. I mean, I’d look at her right in that fat, ugly face of hers, I’d say ‘Rosie, you’re fired.’”

“All of the women on The Apprentice flirted with me – consciously or unconsciously. That’s to be expected.”

“My fingers are long and beautiful, as, it has been well documented, are various other parts of my body.”

“I have never seen a thin person drinking Diet Coke.”

“My IQ is one of the highest — and you all know it! Please don’t feel so stupid or insecure; it’s not your fault.”

and of course: 

So congrats everyone, we got a new face in the office, but have set back race\lgbt and religious relations back thirty years. 

I thought Nigel Farage was bad - this actually makes me want to hurl. I see this bus scene on one of the newer family guys, had NO idea it was Trump! Don't understand how someone like this is even eligible to run  :???:

#11 Axiom

Axiom

Advanced Member

• DPSH Members
  • 52 posts
  • LocationKansas, United States

Posted 10 November 2016 - 02:39 PM

The event still doesn't seem real, but I don't believe I have any added derealization outside of that. Most people I know had trouble processing the information too.

I have no love for Hillary, but the electoral college needs to be eliminated. 

#12 Guest_Phantasm_*

Guest_Phantasm_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 November 2016 - 01:54 AM

My dad asked me what I thought about Trump being elected and I sighed and said, "he seems pretty crazy, " and dad said, "Oh, he's quite mad."

It's possible his business savvy could prove constructive, time will tell.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users