Neurofeedback - Treatment Options - Depersonalization Community

Please Read the Community Forum Guidelines Before Posting.

Photo

Neurofeedback

improvement neurofeedback derealization depersonalization

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 ClassicBeautyBelle

ClassicBeautyBelle

• DPSH Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 14 October 2016 - 11:25 AM

I would like to share that I had seen some improvements with this treatment. I recommend it with everybody that is experiencing depersonalization AND derealization. It's a miracle for me and it can be for others as well.

#2 apoplexy

apoplexy

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 173 posts

Posted 14 October 2016 - 12:55 PM

Thy, didn't you have this?

#3 Pondererer

Pondererer

Senior DPSelfhelp.com Member

• DPSH Members
  • 877 posts
  • LocationBergen, Norway

Posted 14 October 2016 - 05:54 PM

Could you explain briefly what this is?

#4 thy

thy

• DPSH Members
  • 794 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 14 October 2016 - 07:12 PM

Thy, didn't you have this?

Yeah and it didnt work. 

I would like to share that I had seen some improvements with this treatment. I recommend it with everybody that is experiencing depersonalization AND derealization. It's a miracle for me and it can be for others as well.

Great to hear. do you know what kind of neurofeedback it was? What symptoms did it improve for you?

Best thread for neurofeedback: http://www.dpselfhel...-neurofeedback/

#5 ClassicBeautyBelle

ClassicBeautyBelle

• DPSH Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 19 October 2016 - 10:15 AM

I know that it was an advanced neurofeedback. I will ask my psychiatrist about what kind it is so I can help other people. Neurofeedback is basically when you attach electrodes to areas of the brain that cause DP. It trains the brain by correcting the brain waves. From training the right or left side (I can't remember) I have seen DR improvements. DP has lifted a little and a bit of emotion is coming back to me. Before I started neurofeedback I was Anafranil and that helped DR as well but it aggravated DO a little. But, honestly everyone is different. So don't let that scare you away from trying new things. It is recommended to try that medicine but neurofeedback has a lot more benefits for your brain. I love it so much. I hope I've helped a little I am always on here so I'll try my best to explain a little. I have had DR AND DP for about 3 years. It's going to get better.

It also helps anxiety, depression, focus and many more symptoms. I'm surprised not a lot of people know about it I want to change that.

I was also wondering how you reply to other users? I hope everyone can see this, I apologize I'm new.

#6 ClassicBeautyBelle

ClassicBeautyBelle

• DPSH Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 19 October 2016 - 12:36 PM

Hey I posted a more detail description below.

I explained a bit about neurofeedback above.

It can help a lot with your daily function. It takes about 5-6 sessions to see results. You know that out of it feeling and floaty feeling? It has helped that as well. I feel like I have my personality and humor back a little bit.

#7 Chicane

Chicane

• DPSH Members
  • 663 posts
  • LocationSoda City

Posted 20 October 2016 - 07:46 AM

Hey I posted a more detail description below.

I explained a bit about neurofeedback above.

It can help a lot with your daily function. It takes about 5-6 sessions to see results. You know that out of it feeling and floaty feeling? It has helped that as well. I feel like I have my personality and humor back a little bit.

That's great. I wonder why we don't hear about this more often on here.

#8 ClassicBeautyBelle

ClassicBeautyBelle

• DPSH Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 20 October 2016 - 09:49 AM

I know it's so crazy. It's the only thing that has ever even touched my DP. And I've had it at the same severe level for about 3 years before I seemed this treatment. My psychiatrist had to tell me about and I was amazed. I thought nothing would ever change it, because of how complicated dissociation is. It occurs in different parts of the brain at the same time. It's so interesting to learn about. I remember when I had first got this, they told me to breathe in a paper bag and do deep breathing. That's total nonsense. Now, that can help anxiety at a low level but that won't help dissociation. It's funny because I'm the first patient my doctor has that has chronic DP and DR. I believe more people need to know about this disturbing condition because we have suffered enough. I'm so glad that we have this forum because we all relate to each other. Also, when I was first diagnosed my condition, they told me it was all caused by anxiety. In some cases yes, but mine was more neurological. My brain is out of whack and is causing depression, anxiety, depersonalization, ect. There is another form of treatment, thank god. Sorry I'm all over the place I have terrible brain fog. I hope I make sense.

#9 ClassicBeautyBelle

ClassicBeautyBelle

• DPSH Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 20 October 2016 - 10:40 AM

So I would like it if we could spread the word so other people can get help. I don't want anyone to get stuck in the dark.

Hello everyone, my doctor just got back with me about the kind of neurofeedback I am using. It's called 4-channel multi variate coherence training. It trains both amplitude (strength) of frequencies as well as the connectivity (communication) between sites of the receptors (electrodes). This kind of neurofeedback is Qeeg based and only available with Eeger equipment right now. But amplitude only or other Qeeg based training can also be helpful and can be done on most FDA approved Eeg equipment. If you guys want to find a practioner you can search s provider on this site: Eeg education or research. For more information on this type of neurofeedback you can visit http://integratedneu...nceservices.com. I hope I've helped provide enough information so you can find someone who practices this.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: improvement, neurofeedback, derealization, depersonalization

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users