How old are you? - Page 2 - DPSelfhelp.com Member Polls - Depersonalization Community

Please Read the Community Forum Guidelines Before Posting.

Photo

How old are you?

• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

Poll: How old are you? (173 member(s) have cast votes)

how old are you?

1. 0-13 (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

2. 14-18 (39 votes [22.54%])

Percentage of vote: 22.54%

3. Voted 19-29 (105 votes [60.69%])

Percentage of vote: 60.69%

4. Voted 30-44 (27 votes [15.61%])

Percentage of vote: 15.61%

5. 45-60 (2 votes [1.16%])

Percentage of vote: 1.16%

6. 60+ (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#13 dope

dope

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 323 posts

Posted 30 October 2016 - 03:13 PM

I've been asked the question a hundred times now at least. I always give a random answer that's within 2 years of my actual age on either side so npbody knows my real age. It's just one of those things. It's a DPSH mystery like why Alan's such a dick or where all Jeff's hair went.

Ironically, those are the only two guys who know my real age so I probably shouldn't be ragging on them. :P

Aw. You guys are young. But welcome. :)

We had another 14-year-old called Emily who used to come on chat all the time. I don't think I've seen her for ages.. I hope she's alright.

Anyway, we span all the ages on here!

Well, yeah we are young. 
Although I consider myself smarter than the average 14 year old, ahah.

#14 dissoziation

dissoziation

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 336 posts

Posted 30 October 2016 - 03:32 PM

We had another 14-year-old called Emily who used to come on chat all the time. I don't think I've seen her for ages.. I hope she's alright.

I'm 15 now, mind you.  ;)  :P

But other than that, I'm doing fine aside from some pretty intense mood swings coming at the most unexpected of times.

#15 MichaelTheAnhedonic

MichaelTheAnhedonic

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 89 posts

Posted 30 October 2016 - 08:45 PM

20, started when I was 15...

#16 mana_war

mana_war

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 246 posts

Posted 19 November 2016 - 02:50 PM

This poll would only answer that question for those that use the forum and have answered the poll. There was a point in time none of us knew what to call this or that it had a name or that there was a forum and many of the older generation doesn't use technology. I find no reason to believe it doesn't span every age, and depending on the reason how long it lasts and when it happens are different. 

#17 <AGENT>teh345

<AGENT>teh345

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 316 posts

Posted 19 November 2016 - 03:38 PM

I'm 23, DP/DR developed for me at 19, a few months after my 19th bday. 

#18 Lostsoul26

Lostsoul26

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 145 posts

Posted 19 November 2016 - 03:44 PM

25 had it since 17 and doesn't seem to be going anywhere

#19 Aly

Aly

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 73 posts

Posted 29 November 2016 - 10:20 PM

I'm 19, and have been experiencing it since I started high school at 14. School stressed me out beyond belief, my peers outcasted me, my social anxiety was at an all time high, and along with all of that, I had to go home and deal with my drug addict mom who passed away from an overdose during my sophmore year. Not looking for pity; I'm just reflecting. Sorry for oversharing, but looking back on all of that, it's no wonder why I'm so messed up. I really don't know how I'm still here.

• thy likes this

#20 freezeup

freezeup

Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 223 posts

Posted 30 November 2016 - 08:06 AM

I'm 23 years old. I developed DP\DR when I was 16 after a night of heavy mdma usage; recovered once during that period and continued to use drug and have had it ever since (six years). 

#21 dppara

dppara

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 123 posts

Posted 04 December 2016 - 03:23 AM

37, 10 more years and need to move to Thailand or Moscow .... hot 20yo girls here start to tell me that I am too old for them... what a shame.... need to fix this, maybe need to get a tatoo and become a badass... , kinda having middle age crises atm.

#22 forestx5

forestx5

Senior DPSelfhelp.com Member

• DPSH Members
  • 1263 posts
  • Locationcentral virginia blue ridge mountains

Posted 04 December 2016 - 01:17 PM

Chronologically, I'm 61 but developmentally...not so much.  My mental health issues began when I was 17. Mental health issues generally appear during adolescence or early adulthood.  4-6% of the worlds population is typically affected.  I think it has to do with the large part of the DNA blueprint being dedicated to the brain and problems that arise from errors in the genetics that do not manifest until adolescence.  One never is sure how many  petals the clover has until it blossoms.

#23 wardz17

wardz17

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 06 February 2017 - 01:24 AM

#24 wakemeupinside

wakemeupinside

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 61 posts

Posted 05 March 2017 - 04:52 PM

25. Probably wont see much of the oldest generation on here for obvious reasons though so its not a good 'platform' to try to find reliable data iykwim.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users