My recovery after 5 years of severe DPD and DR(Digestion/gut related) - Page 3 - Recovery Stories - Depersonalization Community

Please Read the Community Forum Guidelines Before Posting.

Photo

My recovery after 5 years of severe DPD and DR(Digestion/gut related)

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#25 LukeSkywalker

LukeSkywalker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 27 September 2016 - 04:47 AM

I've had dpdr for 5 years and these past 5 months has been really bad that it shut down my nervous system. Withing these 5 months inwas in nd out the er due to sinus infection uti and yeast infection. I noticed everytime i eat i quickly have to use the restroom because my stomach gets upset. I still have chronic sinusitis. I want to try this. I am 22 how can i heal my gut. I also have had my gallbladder remove due to gallstones.

Do you have Irritable Bowel Syndrome? The pre+pro biotics will help a lot for irritable bowel syndrome. It helped me a lot.
I'm not sure you should take digestive enzymes if you have Irritable bowel syndrome. You should ask your gastroenterologist about the digestive enzyme. But the pre+probiotics are safe.

#26 ToTo

ToTo

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 156 posts

Posted 27 September 2016 - 06:05 AM

Tired 23, I'm in the same boat. My dp started after having stomach issues and sinus complications due to a root canal overfill which all took place at the same time. I've been using the prebiotic for almost ten days and no improvements what so ever. I've read an article and made a thread about it here. A case in which he had brain fog, anxiety and fatigue and used "ivermectin". He said that after using it for only one time, he had a bowel movement and his remains contained worms or parasites. He recovered instantly in only one day. I'm thinking about either I'm going to use the "ivermectin" after I finish the prebiotic course which is one month or I'm going to try it while using the prebiotic and I haven't bought it yet. I just can't imagine that this chronic headache I suffer from for more than a year now is triggered by stomach issues. I literally feel the right side of my face burning and the right side of my head gets really tight and stiff like it's about to burst. I think I'm going to buy the "ivermectin" today.

#27 ToTo

ToTo

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 156 posts

Posted 27 September 2016 - 08:16 AM

Asm, I'm using a supplement that contains both prebiotic and probiotic and before using the supplement I had been using digestive enzyme syrup for three days. Literally after finishing the whole bottle, started taking the supplement. Just like skylukewalker did.

#28 ToTo

ToTo

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 156 posts

Posted 27 September 2016 - 09:59 AM

Don't click this link if you can't look at graphic pictures. This was the first sinus surgery I undergo to clean the sinus off the filling substance after a root canal overfill.

http://www.intechope...dia/image37.png

And I just don't know how I medical surgery leaving you feeling worse. Nothing changed and this area now feels very stiff, itchy and burny. I had undergone this surgery a year ago. Now when I talk, cough, laugh or sneeze, basically anything that makes the air flow inside the sinuses, this area hurts so bad. It's like the air gets stuck and congested inside the right maxillary sinus.

#29 AlexDAK

AlexDAK

• DPSH Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 28 September 2016 - 01:51 AM

I've had dpdr for 5 years and these past 5 months has been really bad that it shut down my nervous system. Withing these 5 months inwas in nd out the er due to sinus infection uti and yeast infection. I noticed everytime i eat i quickly have to use the restroom because my stomach gets upset. I still have chronic sinusitis. I want to try this. I am 22 how can i heal my gut. I also have had my gallbladder remove due to gallstones.

You may have bile salt diarrhea after gallbladder removal. Try calcium supplements it helps a lot. 

#30 ToTo

ToTo

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 156 posts

Posted 29 September 2016 - 04:11 AM

I couldn't find "ivermectin" so I bought another syrup different active ingredient with the same function which is a broad - spectrum anthelmintic "albendazole". Starting using it today. I'll see how this is going to work. The pharmacist told me to use the whole bottle 400mg twice a day and then the same dose after one week. His dose recommendation isn't the same as what's written in the prescription paper, but I'm going to keep track and see how this is going to end up.

#31 Pondererer

Pondererer

Senior DPSelfhelp.com Member

• DPSH Members
  • 877 posts
  • LocationBergen, Norway

Posted 10 October 2016 - 09:23 AM

This is a copy paste from a facebook post I made since I was requested to post here. Any questions, just ask.
Completely healed and I've found the "medicine" to keep me that way.

Short version: Little bit of digestive enzyme syrup and prebiotic + probiotic pills directly heal my DPD and DR in less than a month. I'm sure it has everything to do with gut-brain connection for me.

Long version:

1. I was diagnosed with DPD and DR about six years ago. It was always very severe.
2. I healed without any medication about two times randomly and relapsed and got curious as to whether something helped me cure it(diet or travel or something psychological etc).
3. Only thing I can find out was that whenever I went into DPD and DR, I also got constant stomach bloating, then severe, constant constipation and then acidity issues. These stomach issues were not present when I healed from DPD and DR.
4. I read a bit about "gut-brain connection" and wondered if I can reduce my DPD and DR by healing my gut.
5. I tried probiotics at first but still had constipation, bloating and and acidity so they didn't help much.
6. Later I tried digestive enzyme syrup for few days to see if my stomach problems are due to bad digestion in stomach and it actually worked. My constipation, bloating and acidity reduced drastically.
7. So I decided to take pre and probiotics again because I thought they might work since I wasn't constipated this time. They further healed my gut and I fully recovered from constipation, bloating and acidity,
8. This completely eliminated all traces of depression, anxiety and dissociation :)
9. I wanted to be sure so I left these medicines and upset my stomach again with junk food and triggered my(severe) DPD and DR three times in 6 months and completely healed all three times by taking these "medicines" again. Note that I can both trigger AND heal my DPD and DR now.

EDIT: Digestive enzymes can make you feel uncomfortable. Always start with low dose syrup and keep well hydrated. Tablets are high dosage. Plus, always best to consult a doctor before trying out new medicine.
EDIT 2:
I also suggest a Liver function tests (LFTs or LFs) or something similar. Bad liver leads to bad digestion and if food is not getting digested in stomach, prebiotics or probiotics wont help.

Good post, going to try this out!

Do you have to keep up with the treatment after you've recovered? Sorry if this has Been anawered already

#32 marshmellow42

marshmellow42

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 16 October 2016 - 04:08 PM

Hey Luke, what was the cause of your DP/DR?

#33 Want2lifeagain

Want2lifeagain

• DPSH Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 24 June 2020 - 09:13 PM

Do you have Irritable Bowel Syndrome? The pre+pro biotics will help a lot for irritable bowel syndrome. It helped me a lot.
I'm not sure you should take digestive enzymes if you have Irritable bowel syndrome. You should ask your gastroenterologist about the digestive enzyme. But the pre+probiotics are safe.

Apa yang di lakukan untuk test irittable bowel syndrome?

#34 Trith

Trith

Advanced Member

• DPSH Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 25 August 2020 - 09:14 AM

Did anyone who tried this get positive results ?

My pharmacist told me to start first with probiotics only to add prebiotics after a month, which is what I am doing now. And I have been told that it can take months to stabilize. So far I don't see any effect.

#35 Saibon

Saibon

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 67 posts

Posted 25 August 2020 - 12:41 PM

If you guys think it's gut related than regularly take pure honey.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users