This is a copy paste from a facebook post I made since I was requested to post here. Any questions, just ask.
Completely healed and I've found the "medicine" to keep me that way.
Short version: Little bit of digestive enzyme syrup and prebiotic + probiotic pills directly heal my DPD and DR in less than a month. I'm sure it has everything to do with gut-brain connection for me.
1. I was diagnosed with DPD and DR about six years ago. It was always very severe.
2. I healed without any medication about two times randomly and relapsed and got curious as to whether something helped me cure it(diet or travel or something psychological etc).
3. Only thing I can find out was that whenever I went into DPD and DR, I also got constant stomach bloating, then severe, constant constipation and then acidity issues. These stomach issues were not present when I healed from DPD and DR.
4. I read a bit about "gut-brain connection" and wondered if I can reduce my DPD and DR by healing my gut.
5. I tried probiotics at first but still had constipation, bloating and and acidity so they didn't help much.
6. Later I tried digestive enzyme syrup for few days to see if my stomach problems are due to bad digestion in stomach and it actually worked. My constipation, bloating and acidity reduced drastically.
7. So I decided to take pre and probiotics again because I thought they might work since I wasn't constipated this time. They further healed my gut and I fully recovered from constipation, bloating and acidity,
8. This completely eliminated all traces of depression, anxiety and dissociation
9. I wanted to be sure so I left these medicines and upset my stomach again with junk food and triggered my(severe) DPD and DR three times in 6 months and completely healed all three times by taking these "medicines" again. Note that I can both trigger AND heal my DPD and DR now.
EDIT: Digestive enzymes can make you feel uncomfortable. Always start with low dose syrup and keep well hydrated. Tablets are high dosage. Plus, always best to consult a doctor before trying out new medicine.
EDIT 2: I also suggest a Liver function tests (LFTs or LFs) or something similar. Bad liver leads to bad digestion and if food is not getting digested in stomach, prebiotics or probiotics wont help.