My recovery after 5 years of severe DPD and DR(Digestion/gut related) - Recovery Stories - Depersonalization Community

Please Read the Community Forum Guidelines Before Posting.

Photo

My recovery after 5 years of severe DPD and DR(Digestion/gut related)

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#1 LukeSkywalker

LukeSkywalker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 17 July 2016 - 09:17 AM

This is a copy paste from a facebook post I made since I was requested to post here. Any questions, just ask.
Completely healed and I've found the "medicine" to keep me that way.

Short version: Little bit of digestive enzyme syrup and prebiotic + probiotic pills directly heal my DPD and DR in less than a month. I'm sure it has everything to do with gut-brain connection for me.

Long version:

1. I was diagnosed with DPD and DR about six years ago. It was always very severe. 

2. I healed without any medication about two times randomly and relapsed and got curious as to whether something helped me cure it(diet or travel or something psychological etc).

3. Only thing I can find out was that whenever I went into DPD and DR, I also got constant stomach bloating, then severe, constant constipation and then acidity issues. These stomach issues were not present when I healed from DPD and DR.

4. I read a bit about "gut-brain connection" and wondered if I can reduce my DPD and DR by healing my gut.

5. I tried probiotics at first but still had constipation, bloating and and acidity so they didn't help much.

6. Later I tried digestive enzyme syrup for few days to see if my stomach problems are due to bad digestion in stomach and it actually worked. My constipation, bloating and acidity reduced drastically.

7. So I decided to take pre and probiotics again because I thought they might work since I wasn't constipated this time. They further healed my gut and I fully recovered from constipation, bloating and acidity,

8. This completely eliminated all traces of depression, anxiety and dissociation  :)
9. I wanted to be sure so I left these medicines and upset my stomach again with junk food and triggered my(severe) DPD and DR three times in 6 months and completely healed all three times by taking these "medicines" again. Note that I can both trigger AND heal my DPD and DR now.

EDIT: Digestive enzymes can make you feel uncomfortable. Always start with low dose syrup and keep well hydrated. Tablets are high dosage. Plus, always best to consult a doctor before trying out new medicine.
EDIT 2: 
I also suggest a Liver function tests (LFTs or LFs) or something similar. Bad liver leads to bad digestion and if food is not getting digested in stomach, prebiotics or probiotics wont help.

#2 AlexDAK

AlexDAK

• DPSH Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 17 July 2016 - 01:05 PM

Hi. How much time do you need to recover from DP-DR after starting enzymes, pre and probiotic?

#3 Mansoor

Mansoor

Advanced Member

• DPSH Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 17 July 2016 - 02:39 PM

Thank you for ur post
That is exactly my doctor told me today when he asked me what do u feel? I told him all about my Panic attacks palpitations, sweary hands/feet, unreal feelings etc
He said Ur Stomach is upset and there is a direct link between ur brain and ur stomack. Whatever i eat i have to go to toilet. And he said this is just bcoz of ur stomach
He prescribed me prebiotics and probiotics
Pre is Motiliam
Pro is femme 40mg
Lets hope for the best

#4 brill

brill

Advanced Member

• DPSH Members
  • 56 posts
  • Locationno fixed address

Posted 17 July 2016 - 08:08 PM

had you ever taken any antibiotics before?

#5 LukeSkywalker

LukeSkywalker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 17 July 2016 - 09:52 PM

Hi. How much time do you need to recover from DP-DR after starting enzymes, pre and probiotic?

About one month to heal all signs of any depression, anxiety and dissociation. If it's not severe, maybe less for me.

#6 LukeSkywalker

LukeSkywalker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 17 July 2016 - 09:55 PM

had you ever taken any antibiotics before?

there's a link between mental illness and taking quinolone antibiotics.  They mess with your GABA receptors which can cause a host of mental illnesses

I generally took antibiotics for fever(Dolo 650mg) and sinous problems(Allgra 120mg). I take them now too but they don't seem to affect my gut in any way. But I think maybe prolonged use of this might have caused imbalance in my gut.

#7 LukeSkywalker

LukeSkywalker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 17 July 2016 - 09:58 PM

Thank you for ur post
That is exactly my doctor told me today when he asked me what do u feel? I told him all about my Panic attacks palpitations, sweary hands/feet, unreal feelings etc
He said Ur Stomach is upset and there is a direct link between ur brain and ur stomack. Whatever i eat i have to go to toilet. And he said this is just bcoz of ur stomach
He prescribed me prebiotics and probiotics
Pre is Motiliam
Pro is femme 40mg
Lets hope for the best

I had palpitations when I got DPD too. But only when I felt severely constipated or irritated in the gut. Even anxiety didn't cause palpitations for me. It was always the gut. Best of luck :)

#8 hurley78

hurley78

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 93 posts
  • LocationOttawa, Canada

Posted 18 July 2016 - 10:30 AM

Very interesting post. My Naturopath believes in the gut/brain barrier and I will be starting an anti-candida diet in a few days along with a course of probiotic of 60 Million per day.

#9 sydneyarnce

sydneyarnce

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 68 posts
  • LocationPNW

Posted 19 July 2016 - 12:43 PM

What "dosage" and at what time of day did you take them?
Did you have "blank mind?"

#10 sydneyarnce

sydneyarnce

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 68 posts
  • LocationPNW

Posted 22 July 2016 - 04:22 PM

#11 LukeSkywalker

LukeSkywalker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 23 July 2016 - 01:50 AM

The digestive enzyme syrup which you get many brands off the shelf, I took 5ml after each meal. It will be a bit uncomfortable at first but after constipation reduces, I took 10ml for sometime and stopped.
The pre+probiotic capsules say "Fructooligosacchirides"(the prebiotic part i think) at 100mg and some "Lactobacillus" and bifidobacterium"(probiotic part) both at 0.60 billion(count maybe?).

#12 LukeSkywalker

LukeSkywalker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 23 July 2016 - 01:50 AM

It was me who made that request. Thanks for taking the time to tell us about it. Welcome to the forum.

:)

Hi there :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users