Existential Thoughts - Discussion - Depersonalization Community

Please Read the Community Forum Guidelines Before Posting.

Photo

Existential Thoughts

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1 Skate82

Skate82

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 70 posts
  • LocationMichigan, USA

Posted 05 June 2016 - 12:57 PM

Does anyone know how to make existential thoughts stop? I can't stop obsessing 24/7. :(

#2 JayB

JayB

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 87 posts

Posted 05 June 2016 - 01:05 PM

Same boat as you. What are you obsessing about?

#3 Skate82

Skate82

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 70 posts
  • LocationMichigan, USA

Posted 05 June 2016 - 01:14 PM

How one day we're going to die and I won't be in my body anymore, we won't be on earth anymore. How time moves and we can't stop it, each second becomes one of the past. Makes me feel like there is no present. Human existence, the fact that we're floating on a planet in outer space.

What about you?

#4 babybowrain

babybowrain

Senior DPSelfhelp.com Member

• DPSH Members
  • 956 posts
  • Locationcanada, ontario, home, apartment.

Posted 05 June 2016 - 07:40 PM

you might have problems that are physical. like a yeast infection, i know it sounds strange, but true. you need a physical doctor.

#5 simonlebon

simonlebon

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 218 posts

Posted 05 June 2016 - 07:49 PM

you might have problems that are physical. like a yeast infection, i know it sounds strange, but true. you need a physical doctor.

That sounds like pretty standard DP/ocd thinking to me... and I don't have a yeast infection.

#6 Skate82

Skate82

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 70 posts
  • LocationMichigan, USA

Posted 05 June 2016 - 08:30 PM

[quote name="babybowrain" post="373015" timestamp="1465173634"]

you might have problems that are physical. like a yeast infection, i know it sounds strange, but true. you need a physical doctor.[/quote

Why do you say that?

#7 Mr confused

Mr confused

Advanced Member

• DPSH Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 06 June 2016 - 03:40 PM

it won't stop as long there is dp you'll have these thoughts but i can answer these question for u message me

#8 JayB

JayB

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 87 posts

Posted 09 June 2016 - 08:09 AM

My obsessions are concerning the mind but I won't elaborate because I don't want you to get caught in the circle i'm in. I also obsess about the human anatomy, people look strange.

#9 sunjet

sunjet

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 195 posts

Posted 09 June 2016 - 09:08 AM

Every human on earth have these thoughts, its something completely normal. The problem is with some of us that we start to be anxious about this, and it's useless. We need to understand where that anxiety comes from. The thought itself can't make you anxious, something is more deeper that triggers your worries about this.

I was thinking since my kindergarden wtf we are living and why we believe in god and that we are just some biological masses, but till highschool it was like fun thoughts and nothing to worry, but then anxiety started and these thoughts have started to make me worry, that's where the problem begins.

Don't give attention to these thoughts, having them is completely normal, you're just overreacting. The only way to get rid of these thoughts is LET THEM BE, don't try to NOT think about them or avoid them. Just let them come and go, without giving them importance at all. Thats where mindfulness works, you train yourself to let these thoughts flow in and out without causing worries/anxiety/sadness/depression.

#10 Alex617

Alex617

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 364 posts

Posted 09 June 2016 - 09:55 AM

Mine is really worsened by DP/DR. Sometimes I feel like nothing I can possibly do matters, I'm just in this still moment and everything seems so weird and pointless. Like watching TV "oh look, a bunch of primates with some silly predictable issues" or playing sports "hmm, just kicking a ball around, okay". I mean it's not the full spectrum of the human experience but that's how being disconnected makes you feel I guess.

#11 ZweilousRage

ZweilousRage

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 09 June 2016 - 03:45 PM

Mine is really worsened by DP/DR. Sometimes I feel like nothing I can possibly do matters, I'm just in this still moment and everything seems so weird and pointless. Like watching TV "oh look, a bunch of primates with some silly predictable issues" or playing sports "hmm, just kicking a ball around, okay". I mean it's not the full spectrum of the human experience but that's how being disconnected makes you feel I guess.

I had (And kinda currently have) this sometimes.  It's definitely depression fucking with your head.  If you can find a way to block those kinds of thoughts it's a good relief from it.

#12 Alex617

Alex617

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 364 posts

Posted 09 June 2016 - 05:57 PM

I had (And kinda currently have) this sometimes.  It's definitely depression fucking with your head.  If you can find a way to block those kinds of thoughts it's a good relief from it.

You are right, it's depression, it rationalises all the reasons why I should just give up on everything. What a bitch haha

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users