Is it possible to enjoy DP? - Page 2 - The Bright Side - Depersonalization Community

Please Read the Community Forum Guidelines Before Posting.

Photo

Is it possible to enjoy DP?

27 replies to this topic

#13 Starwaves

Starwaves

Advanced Member

• DPSH Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 04 October 2017 - 11:45 PM

I don't enjoy DP, but I am now de-sensitized to the symptoms and strange feelings. Now I just observe the feelings from afar with no feelings of doom and gloom. 

#14 Unknown88

Unknown88

• DPSH Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 04 October 2017 - 11:52 PM

Yes.

#15 Thisisnotlife

Thisisnotlife

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 158 posts

Posted 26 October 2017 - 08:36 AM

drewr007 you are so right.

#16 alnadine20

alnadine20

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 177 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 26 October 2017 - 11:55 AM

Hell no

#17 VeronicaPage

VeronicaPage

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • LocationSeattle, WA

Posted 15 November 2017 - 08:28 PM

My first time posting anywhere about DP. I've DP'd for 40 years and I don't remember anything else. I always knew that my process was different, particularly my memory and time, however, since I am high functioning, these skills are just "me" -- as much as that can be defined from this perspective. I've only been diagnosed and become familiar with the language surrounding my reactions a few weeks ago. And as disconcerting as some of the information is, the loss of connection to memories and my identity and the knowledge that there was an option to detachment --  overall, managing stress in this way has allowed me to have fulfilling relationships, help many people, experience many adventures and become very good at my job.

I imagine, that if I experienced sudden, radical change in my perception that would be quite different. But, as it is, I consider all the "symptoms" to be a part of my stable everyday life. Sometimes my awareness expands and sometimes when this happens, I perceive my surroundings in slow motion. I hear and see everything at once, but my brain speeds up to process it all. I have learned to be patient until everything else catches up and be attentive and present to what is occurring. This has allowed me to perform at high levels in crisis by remaining calm, clear headed and remain solution focused.

Mental health advocate, yogi, mother, lover, friend

#18 Lexy67

Lexy67

Advanced Member

• DPSH Members
  • 51 posts

Posted 23 November 2017 - 06:54 PM

I want to feel real again

#19 time2wakeup

time2wakeup

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 344 posts

Posted 23 November 2017 - 07:19 PM

I enjoyed DP at first because it allowed me to cope with some highly stressful situations (like interactions with my horrible family), but now that my life is better and I'm still DP'd, I just hate this. I can't find anything good about being DP'd

#20 nicewon

nicewon

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 155 posts
  • Locationbritish columbia, canada

Posted 23 November 2017 - 08:21 PM

FUCK NO

#21 ReiTheySay

ReiTheySay

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 92 posts

Posted 16 February 2018 - 03:02 PM

sometimes I find it so funny that I can feel no embarrassment. I can be very straightforward and say things everyone wants to say but kind of embarrassed about it, and enjoy their faces when they don't know what to do and I know I can't feel a thing. Also I've become much more sarcastic and laid-back toward a lot of things. Has its cons, but yeah kinda hilarious.

#22 tikobird

tikobird

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 119 posts
  • LocationSunshine

Posted 03 August 2018 - 09:22 AM

I've never enjoyed it. I've had it 24/7 for decades. The only way I am able to be unaffected is just accepting it and live with it. 

I've had times with anxiety attacks and grew up feeling inferior even prior to DP. If it comes and goes that's a different story. I've lived with it for decades. How about you? If you're young you may think it's fun.icon_confused.gif

Meditation does help and there are some new therapies also. It's made it difficult to focus on things and I go in and out of feeling numb toward people. My emotions will sometimes not be able to connect to feeling anything about others. It goes back and forth. Let me know if you've had it chronically.

#23 Chip1021

Chip1021

Great Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 628 posts
  • LocationMinneapolis, Minnesota, USA

Posted 03 August 2018 - 11:13 PM

Since it's all I've really ever known, there were elements that I really enjoyed about it, especially when it was somewhat milder and when I was in school. It allowed me to think in unique ways, and professors loved me for it. Plus, academics was a wonderful distraction from my social problems and confusions.

Now, though, I really just want to know what it's like for normal people. I also have a lot of physical symptOms that I didn't have before which just make my life a living nightmare.

#24 pckflips

pckflips

• DPSH Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 27 August 2018 - 11:21 PM

mine is semi-controllable, since i can sometimes trigger it but other than that no

it can be fun when youre partying, have gone through something hard n want to have fun, wanting to get high(since it doesnt take much to get highif it triggers your dp)

it also depends on how you like treating people/how people perceive you/how private you want to be

on autopilot i'm very open but when monotone/only depersonalized, i'm private and how i believe i am originally so i try to keep from autopilot and just disconnected

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users