Are you able to be in a relationship with DP/DR? - DPSelfhelp.com Member Polls - Depersonalization Community

Please Read the Community Forum Guidelines Before Posting.

Photo

Are you able to be in a relationship with DP/DR?

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

Poll: Are you able to be in a relationship with DP/DR? (58 member(s) have cast votes)

1. Voted Yes (24 votes [41.38%])

Percentage of vote: 41.38%

2. Voted No (34 votes [58.62%])

Percentage of vote: 58.62%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 surf

surf

Senior DPSelfhelp.com Member

• DPSH Members
  • 5291 posts

Posted 21 April 2016 - 06:29 PM

#2 Chicane

Chicane

• DPSH Members
  • 663 posts
  • LocationSoda City

Posted 21 April 2016 - 06:49 PM

Just barely. Lots of physical fatigue as well as ongoing depression and random meltdowns over nothing seem to be my key problems when it comes to DPDR in a relationship.

#3 surf

surf

• DPSH Members
  • 5291 posts

Posted 27 April 2016 - 12:15 AM

I did have several relationships for the first 9 years, but only one serious long term relationship. I decided that it was too hard on me, & unfair for the lady in question. Not had one for many years now, & I think it would be too difficult to try again. So I voted no.

I basically feel the same way about the whole thing.  

#4 eddy1886

eddy1886

• DPSH Members
  • 1903 posts
  • LocationIreland

Posted 27 April 2016 - 02:44 AM

DP played a major role in the breakup of my marriage...And i considered my wife to be my soul mate!...

#5 Disruption

Disruption

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 183 posts

Posted 27 April 2016 - 09:16 AM

im mostly incapable to have relationships....i mean how can i be together with a partner if i cant even stay with my friends for a day....its too overwhelming and takes too much of my power.

#6 Disruption

Disruption

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 183 posts

Posted 27 April 2016 - 09:18 AM

i get panic attacks while having sex what girl in the world wants a relationship with someone like that.

#7 Matthew150

Matthew150

• DPSH Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted 27 April 2016 - 01:53 PM

My girlfriend broke up with me this morning because I seem "incapable of showing enough love and affection", which is fair enough.  So I guess no! 

#8 mvr

mvr

• DPSH Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 27 April 2016 - 03:17 PM

In my opinion, it becomes really hard to be a in relationship, at least a successful one. Although I'm only 17, I have a well formed opinion on the subject.

When we're with someone, we can't isolate ourselves, keep livin' in our own World, because if you want that person to be the biggest part of your life, we have to make some effort. With time passing, it becomes tough, because, well, some things just are a part of us, a part of who we are, and the first part, that is one of the most important, is the person that's with us accepting that. I think it's a matter of time until it ends, but it really depends on both people. I am a very "closed" person, I have all kinds of trust issues, and I don't like to "smother" people with my problems. You may have a loyal and loving person by your side, that is willing to "take the hits" and stay with you no matter what, but  that is so rare. Unfortunately this generation of people in its vast majority is seriously lacking character and principles and that makes things even hard. I've always been a "fan" of true love, but the more I grow up, the more I see how things are when it comes to that and most times it's just not worth it. Sometimes the person is not worth it, or sometimes we are not worth it, because we may love them with all we have, but if they are always there for you, and you can't give them what they need, in the end of the day, they'll think about it. They'll sit questioning about whether they deserve something better, or if they are doing things right. And you'll do the same, you'll sit, think, and sometimes even you may get to the conclusion that you have to let them go, and that is one of the most beautiful things someone can do, because if you love them, what you want for them is to be happy, with or without you. But going back to the original subject, it depends on a bunch of factors. We all might deserve it, but not all of us get to live it. 

#9 Disruption

Disruption

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 183 posts

Posted 27 April 2016 - 05:46 PM

My girlfriend broke up with me this morning because I seem "incapable of showing enough love and affection", which is fair enough.  So I guess no! 

thats so bad man..i mean its understandable somehow but also a sign of how much most people in a relationship dont even really care about whats going on with their partner..they just feel uncomfortable, not really loved and so they break up with the so called ''loved one''...if thats true love/care, i dont desire to be together with someone at all...

#10 Chip1021

Chip1021

Great Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 627 posts
  • LocationMinneapolis, Minnesota, USA

Posted 09 April 2018 - 06:01 PM

I did have several relationships for the first 9 years, but only one serious long term relationship. I decided that it was too hard for me, & unfair on the lovely lady in question. Not had one for many years now, & I think it would be too difficult to try again. So I voted no.

I could have written this exactly as my response (even the number of years I tried to do relationships before giving up).

Creepy!

#11 Goga

Goga

• DPSH Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 11 April 2018 - 06:52 AM

My "ex"partner has dpdr.
We are still living together even though he left me almost 3 months ago because he doesn't know if he loves me.
I am suffering so badly but I would do whatever for him to feel better and both keep together.
He is the one that is not up to do anything. He says the dpdr will go away in some months as it did in two occasions before. We are just "fighting" (let's say pseudo-living) each day as a new step. Both suffering... we are such idiots... Everything I do to try to help just seems to be worst. I feel useless and lonely in a foreign contry.
I want his smile back.

#12 spectator162

spectator162

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 65 posts
  • Locationbelgium

Posted 12 April 2018 - 01:03 PM

I never had a relationship, how can I if im not connected to this person and not feel real and dont find the meaning of life. I barely can have conversations and I am not intrested in anything and I dont want to act all the time. Who wants a person like that? I also always think im not good enough, I anoy people and dont feel welcom.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users