Depersonalization Support Forum banner

Keep having the weirdest dreams.

856 views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  Sa-lB 
#1 ·
I have always to some extent sleptwalked/slept talked but lately it's getting bad to the point where it's happening most nights. I don't really understand this as my anxiety and dp is at its lowest right now and has been for some time. Normally when they are high I can sleepwalk/sleeptalk more.

I give you permission to laugh at me because this is weird and slightly embarrassing but the recurring dream I keep having and have been having for around a month is a dream where I am choking. In my dreams I will eat the weirdest things like Lego, necklaces, bottle tops, spoons etc etc and then I will start to choke on them. At this point I am in the state where you are aware of your surroundings but you are still stuck in your dream and it feels like it's still happening. I will spring out of bed because I feel like I'm choking on whatever it was I was dreaming of eating and run around frantically making weird noises with my throat......and then suddenly I wake up and realise it was just a dream..... I obviously do not and never have eaten things that aren't edible.

I have bruises all up my legs from hitting them off things in my frantic choking episodes. I have broken mugs and glasses from knocking them off my nightstand in my weird panicky dream. The other day I think I did some damage to my foot by hitting it off a bed frame as it's rather painful..... I also don't feel rested and sometimes I don't really want to sleep because of this.

I know it's strange but am I alone or could anyone please tell me what's going on with me lol

Thanks

See less See more
#5 · (Edited by Moderator)
That's one of the more severe firsthand stories I have heard about nightmares/sleepwalking. I would consider getting treatment for it. That sort of thing can definitely get better with psychiatric treatment and psychotherapy. The psychotherapy thing is pretty complicated and people get it wrong, but they have pills that make nightmares less severe or even less likely to happen. Drugs are not the ultimate solution, but sleep and a sense of safety are important.

Maybe there's a psychological reason this is happening that a therapist could help with as well.

Reactions: Sa-lB
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.