New Symptoms - Discussion - Depersonalization Community

Please Read the Community Forum Guidelines Before Posting.

Photo

New Symptoms

new help uncomfortable numbness teenager urgent

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 tatianna

tatianna

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 25 May 2015 - 08:35 PM

I feel very uncomfortable today. I woke up at 6, even though I was asleep for only 3 hours. I feel like the DP got worst, like it's hitting me harder than ever. I can't walk, it's so hard for me to walk. It's like I have to concentrate on every step I take and it's just very scary for me. Like I'm going to fall down. I have to reach my foot out and be so careful, I don't know how to explain this. Then again, DP is extremely hard to explain.. I walk a few steps and I'm fine if I'm going at a certain pace. But then if I stop, it's like I lose myself again and I just can't get back on track that fast.

Eating food is different, the numbing I feel all over my body has taken control over my taste buds if that's even possible. I can't really taste anything? I can't feel whether something is hot or cold.

Has anyone felt this too? If so, how do you deal with it? Help.. 

#2 alnadine20

alnadine20

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 177 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 25 May 2015 - 10:30 PM

I hate food and eat now bc of this. It tastes like im eating nothing and i swallow feeling like i swallowed nothing. I dont even remember what food tastes like

#3 Anonymity

Anonymity

Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 337 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted 26 May 2015 - 03:36 AM

yeah, i feel like I don't understand temperature now, hot from cold, I can't tell which one I am feeling. as for food, nothing is satisfying.

#4 Irene

Irene

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 183 posts

Posted 26 May 2015 - 07:41 AM

I can relate to your walking issue...it's like I feel so uncoordinated sometimes.I try not to focus on it too and let my automatic walking kick in but it's very difficult! I feel like those people walking crooked in the V8 commercials...I've been feeling dizzy when I walk as well.I hate it!

#5 imayusa

imayusa

• DPSH Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
  • LocationFL, USA

Posted 27 May 2015 - 10:46 AM

I never had walking issues but I can tell you that the more you think and focus on your walking, the more awkward and possibly even more difficult it becomes. Try distracting your mind when you get up to walk, turn on a good tv show, listen to some music, or maybe even read a good book. You need to keep your mind occupied, and your walking issue will go away on its own. The mind is highly powerful.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: new, help, uncomfortable, numbness, teenager, urgent

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users