Nitrous Oxide AKA Laughing Gas - Discussion - Depersonalization Community

Please Read the Community Forum Guidelines Before Posting.

Photo

Nitrous Oxide AKA Laughing Gas

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 ThoughtOnFire

ThoughtOnFire

Custodian

• Administrators
  • 1320 posts
  • LocationMiddle of the Veil

Posted 25 May 2015 - 07:48 PM

Have you ever taken this stuff at the dentist while DP/DR'd??? What was the effect, if anything? When I had this some years ago it made me dissociated worse 100 Times Over.

#2 Guest_Jeff_*

Guest_Jeff_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 May 2015 - 12:27 AM

Not personally, whenever i need a tooth pulled I either say give me lidocaine or knock me out, never had nor will ever have the laughing gas. 

#3 *Dreamer*

*Dreamer*

Senior DPSelfhelp.com Member

• DPSH Members
  • 3681 posts

Posted 26 May 2015 - 10:12 AM

I told my dentist (even past dentists) that I have DP and DR.  They know what that is, or what "dissociation" is as they give drugs that cause you to dissociate.  Surgeons also know about this as they may give ketamine during surgery.

I will never let a dentist give me "twilight sleep" ... or any procedure that requires that ... say cataract removal.

You can ask for a short acting benzo if you tolerate it, but I also ask for lidocaine -- local anesthetic.

Granted the oldy good part of my body is my teeth, LOL.  I have had only one crown, and cavities filled.

IMHO.  I have heard people say when they wake up from dental work, "Is this the real world?" -- there is a video (which I find rather mean) of a father capturing his son's experience after dental work where "twightlight sleep" was used.  Granted kids squirm all over the place.

The kid was carrying on for a while, and I know he was briefly experiencing DP.  Thing is for him it passed.

Anyone who has a greater tendency to dissociate -- I woulld ask for local numbing stuff -- it really works.  Don't feel any pain, but you hear sounds, etc.  I'll take that any day.

If there is something major you need done -- such as wisdom teeth they will knock you out cold -- propafol these days I think.

Take Care.

Edited by *Dreamer*, 26 May 2015 - 10:15 AM.

#4 TDX

TDX

Senior DPSelfhelp.com Member

• Banned
  • 1370 posts

Posted 26 May 2015 - 11:00 AM

Have you ever taken this stuff at the dentist while DP/DR'd??? What was the effect, if anything? When I had this some years ago it made me dissociated worse 100 Times Over.

It's like Ketamine a NMDA-Antagonist. This could be the reason.

#5 ChrisChampion

ChrisChampion

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 72 posts
  • LocationHouston, Texas

Posted 26 May 2015 - 05:12 PM

It made my DP way worse as well and I started to have a panic attack so I made them take that shit off of me. If you have a numbing shot there's no reason for that garbage. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users