Strange Out of Body/ Panic experiences - Introduce Yourself - Depersonalization Community

Please Read the Community Forum Guidelines Before Posting.

Photo

Strange Out of Body/ Panic experiences

OBEanxiety peace new meditation

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Breanna

Breanna

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
  • LocationSouthern Washington

Posted 17 April 2015 - 12:17 PM

I was diagnosed with DP about ten years ago and was in intensive therapy before my diagnoses and after. I stopped going after about seven years because I knew that I could help myself as much as they were and I needed to find my own way. Through meditation and working through my problems internally I found peace with where I am at now, I know that I perceive things "abnormally" but I am thankful for how DP allows me to be open minded, curious, and able to empathize with virtually anyone.

Recently I have been having weird occurences that are hard for me to explain. It's like a mixture between an out of body experience and panic attack, I've never had it before. I'm interested in talking with other people that have had similar experiences so that I can understand it better, I just don't have people in my life that do. I came here to possibly find some more answers and help others going through similar things to find peace in their circumstances.

I live in Washington and am currently in school. I study comparative religion, ethics and cultural studies. I love to be outside, go exploring and get lost in my surroundings as well as my thoughts. I have been a nanny for children that are developmentally disabled for about a year. 

#2 ThoughtOnFire

ThoughtOnFire

Custodian

• Administrators
  • 1357 posts
  • LocationMiddle of the Veil

Posted 17 April 2015 - 12:41 PM

Welcome to the Forum bfederico! Meditation for me too has been an awesome way to grow stronger spiritually, mentally and emotionally.

Sounds like you are on a good path :)

#3 Breanna

Breanna

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
  • LocationSouthern Washington

Posted 17 April 2015 - 09:50 PM

Welcome to the Forum bfederico! Meditation for me too has been an awesome way to grow stronger spiritually, mentally and emotionally.

Sounds like you are on a good path :)

Thank you!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: OBEanxiety, peace, new, meditation

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users