I have recovered!!! There is hope!!! - Page 3 - Recovery Stories - Depersonalization Community

Please Read the Community Forum Guidelines Before Posting.

Photo

I have recovered!!! There is hope!!!

recovery dp dr depersonalization derealization hope

• Please log in to reply
146 replies to this topic

#25 Bob122443

Bob122443

Advanced Member

• DPSH Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 31 July 2015 - 02:59 PM

Sorry if I'm being a nuisance, but did you feel yourself getting progressively better? How did it happen? Did you just wake up and feel normal again? Was it an ongoing process? How long did it take to start feeling better at all?

#26 Cynthia94

Cynthia94

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 61 posts

Posted 31 July 2015 - 04:41 PM

Oh no no!! You're my a nuisance at all!! I'm here to help ^_^ honestly, it kind just happened. I just remember walking outside and I realized I didn't need music. And I was just extremely happy. It took a year for me to actually feel the difference. After one year, I just started doing more and more and before you know it, I felt awesome!!

#27 Bob122443

Bob122443

Advanced Member

• DPSH Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 01 August 2015 - 11:03 AM

Thanks alot :) It really helps.

The weed trip was really scary, I was scared in case it was laced or something. I did take more than I ever have taken before just because I wanted a buzz I took it in hard as I could.Where you shaking for a day or two after?

#28 Cynthia94

Cynthia94

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 61 posts

Posted 01 August 2015 - 03:19 PM

Of course!!! <3
And yeah, I wanted to know what it was like to be hight, but took a bit too much. It sucked so much. But honestly, I don't remember. I just remember after it happened, I went to my grandpas birthday (sucks that every time it's his birthday, I remember that was the day of the incident) and I was fine. But I woke up the next day feeling like I was dreaming and just layed in bed. :/

#29 Bob122443

Bob122443

Advanced Member

• DPSH Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 02 August 2015 - 08:08 PM

I just have a few more questions :3

What is life like now btw? Does it feel the same as it did a year ago? Before you got it?

What eventually caused you to snap out of it? What where the previous few days weeks/ months to when you recovered?

Did you ever think you would recover?

And finally did you aver just feel confused and disorientated?

#30 Cynthia94

Cynthia94

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 61 posts

Posted 02 August 2015 - 08:49 PM

Ask away!! I'm here for you!!
Life is A LOT more enjoyable!! You appreciate life, you just want to do everything!!! It feels different!! But in a good way :) like, I don't take things for granted anymore :) and I'm a lot more respectable and happy!! I appreciate the little things :)

What caused me to snap out was that I eventually just wanted to live life!! I was tired of being home doing nothing!! I wanted to actually LIVE!! I was starting to feel a difference when it was on...Christmas. And then I would have days where I felt better, then weeks, then months and before you know it, I rarely felt it!! I would, however, would have bad moments within those months. 5 steps forward, 4 steps back. But I promise it will get better :)

Honestly, no. I thought it was going to be a lifetime. I would read other peoples recovery stories and see their symptoms and just think "mine is a lot worse. No way will mine recover" and I would see others recover in months and others have it in years.. I thought that would be me. But I am proof that it is not the case :) you can and WILL recover if you want to :) just be health and have fun ^_^ kind of like..getting through a break up. Same basic principles :) how do you get over your "love"? Forget about them by distraction!! Same for dp :)

And yes for both the last two. I felt like I was separated by a glass wall. That my hands can go through objects. Things look closer or far away. And I would feel like I would fall. And confusion was like.. 24/7. I would wake up and be like, "where am I? This isn't my room. This isn't my house. Is this my mom? Have I always looked like this?" And so on. But it does get better ^_^

#31 Bob122443

Bob122443

Advanced Member

• DPSH Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 02 August 2015 - 09:30 PM

Wow. You give me so much hope and inspiration. I have moments where I completely forget about DP/DR for hours. Then I obsessively think about it again for another few hours without even realising. I actually felt like I was getting better at one point, and the feeling of it made me scared for some reason. Ever since the experience I have had a strange fear of drugs. A lady came up to me today and she told me she was a heroin addict and needed money or she would die. I literally nearly had a panic attack on the spot. Physically I'm fine, I I just feel lost within me :(

#32 Cynthia94

Cynthia94

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 61 posts

Posted 02 August 2015 - 09:45 PM

I'm glad!!! I want to help as much as I can!!! <3
But yes!!! I was the EXACT same way!! I am a but more cautious, though. When people would smoke weed or cigarettes, I would freak out (even now) because I DONT want to have dp again. Especially when they smoke weed, because it turned out I was allergic. But I promise!! Everything will come back!! You won't be lost anymore :)

#33 Bob122443

Bob122443

Advanced Member

• DPSH Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 03 August 2015 - 01:29 PM

Why do people who smoke weed have it for years on these fourums? I'm sick of seeing people who have had it 2-3+ years. I honestly felt good the past 4 weeks, liveable. Today, I sort of had some weird sudden realisation where I started to realise I'm suffering from an actuall mental illness and its serious, and none of my family know! (Though my friends know) I've never felt like that before, I always just let it pass. If I'm honest my symptoms aren't 24/7 they vary / come and go. Is this shit really going to end?

I really REALLY don't want to come of as rude here at all since you have been more of a help than anyone, but why have you recovered and now are able to tell the tale so similar to mine when so many others are stuck in that terrible shithole that is DP/DR still?. I'm going to college here In the UK after my break, I'm pretty sure that is the equivalent to the last 2 years of HS in the US. What will I do? This is tearing my life apart. I don't want this in my prime of education, I want to do well unlike many others, I'm motivated to get out there and make something of myself. I don't want to be stuck in the same shithole for 5 years let alone forever. I've never had any kind of Trauma/Abuse or any underlying anxiety, except for mild social anxiety. But that doesn't mean I don't socialize, or go out in public. I'm sick of this shit honestly. If it is my body's natural defense why is it fucking me so hard. Grr :(

#34 Bob122443

Bob122443

Advanced Member

• DPSH Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 03 August 2015 - 01:43 PM

I'm just terrified I will have this forever or if it is something more severe :((

#35 Cynthia94

Cynthia94

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 61 posts

Posted 03 August 2015 - 03:19 PM

Oh, love, you'll be okay!! You're in the mindset that you want to get better!! That is a MAJOR step!! And some people have it for 2+ years because they either keep smoking, or they isolate themselves, or don't do anything that helps them!! But you're doing great!! You do NOT have a mental illness!! And this is NOT forever!! Let me tell you a secret about the human body, it heals :) which means you mind will get better too!! As for school, take classes slowly. When I had college, I had to leave (this was when I was really bad, but I'm going back), but I couldn't handle it. But since you're taking classes, either take it slow (as in 2 classes) or take easy classes :) you can do this!! Seeing how motivated you are, you are extremely strong and it makes me incredibly happy!!! Nothing bad will happen!! You're gonna be 100% okay!!!

#36 Bob122443

Bob122443

Advanced Member

• DPSH Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 03 August 2015 - 03:30 PM

Thanks a bunch, I recently looked at the replys I previously gave you and it seems in the foggyness of my confusion and anxiousness I wrote that I've had this for 8 months. I've actually had it for a little over 8 weeks now. Sorry for any confusion. But yes your advice REALLY helps! :)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: recovery, dp, dr, depersonalization, derealization, hope

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users