I have recovered!!! There is hope!!! - Page 2 - Recovery Stories - Depersonalization Community

Please Read the Community Forum Guidelines Before Posting.

Photo

I have recovered!!! There is hope!!!

recovery dp dr depersonalization derealization hope

• Please log in to reply
146 replies to this topic

#13 Cynthia94

Cynthia94

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 61 posts

Posted 10 May 2015 - 11:45 PM

What part?? The "you all are perfect and not going crazy" part?? If so, it's true!! You may not believe it, I know I didn't, but it is 100% true <3

#14 Bob122443

Bob122443

Advanced Member

• DPSH Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 30 July 2015 - 10:12 PM

Oh my god. I toked to much weed on the 30th of may and I had the EXACT same symptoms of you. I had anxiety for days thinking what if it was laced,synthetic et etc. Although I did it with a friend and he was fine. I didn't think about DP/DR for a straight 2 days and probably thought about it once, and in that time I felt no symptoms. It has been exactly 2 months now and I don't have it chroniclly. What can I do?

#15 Bob122443

Bob122443

Advanced Member

• DPSH Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 30 July 2015 - 10:15 PM

Have you got a twitter where I can DM you?

#16 Cynthia94

Cynthia94

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 61 posts

Posted 30 July 2015 - 10:42 PM

What you can do, is pretty much distract yourself and live life as if nothing ever happened :) live life happy!! Don't think about dp at all :) I don't happen to have a twitter, sorry :(

#17 Bob122443

Bob122443

Advanced Member

• DPSH Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 30 July 2015 - 10:52 PM

Thanks anyway. I somehow convinced my self I'm going schizo then the next day I can be fine. What did you tell the doctor? What did he do/prescribe. I'm 16 and I got it right before my birthday, so I had it on my 16th bday :(. I'm just depressed right now, I feel like shit.

#18 Bob122443

Bob122443

Advanced Member

• DPSH Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 30 July 2015 - 10:55 PM

I don't know where your at, but its 5 AM in the UK and I haven't slept in over 48 hours. I'm the 8 months Ive had this I have never felt this bad. It's more anxiety/fear than physical symptoms. Also did you have an issue where your nose was constantly in your vision?

#19 Cynthia94

Cynthia94

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 61 posts

Posted 30 July 2015 - 11:09 PM

Oh my gosh.. Happy late birthday!! I'm sorry you happen to have it on your birthday. I had dp for my birthday too. Just know that you are NOT going schitzo. You are 100% normal :) dp is just high anxiety and fear!! You got it because you freaked out. As did I. Forgive yourself and forget what happened and live life ^_^ I told the doctors everything. They just say I have anxiety and gave me meds. I was prescribed with Lexapro and it helped me a lot :) and I too was depressed. I just cried every night and stayed in my room. But what helps depression and anxiety, is sleep. So, love, you must sleep. I know you can't sleep, but try something. Drink chamomile or take melatonin. I take melatonin and I sleep like a baby!! XD oh my goodness yes. Seeing my nose gave me more panick attacks. It's weird, but yeah :(

#20 Bob122443

Bob122443

Advanced Member

• DPSH Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 30 July 2015 - 11:14 PM

Thanks so much. You probably don't reallise it but your words have helped relax me immensely, mainly due to the fact that out situations where nearly identical. I rarely have anxiety, Its just phases that I might get once a week :(

#21 Bob122443

Bob122443

Advanced Member

• DPSH Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 30 July 2015 - 11:21 PM

Also, sadly melatonin isn't available over the counter here in the UK a doctor has to give it to you. Unfortunately I can't go to the doctor so I'm going to have to find alternatives

#22 Cynthia94

Cynthia94

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 61 posts

Posted 31 July 2015 - 11:01 AM

I'm glad I can help, dear!! That's what I'm here for ^_^
Aww poop.. You can try drinking chamomile tea :) that helped me for some time ^_^ you can also keep yourself busy. Like, excersise or a lot or chores. Although, excersising didn't quite help me. It actually made me more dpd. You can try it once and see how it goes :) and chores didn't help me either. I thought a lot of negative things :(

#23 Bob122443

Bob122443

Advanced Member

• DPSH Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 31 July 2015 - 02:44 PM

I don't have obsessive thoughts any more. The thoughts no longer dominate my mind. How long until my perception is back to normal? How long was yours?

#24 Cynthia94

Cynthia94

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 61 posts

Posted 31 July 2015 - 02:51 PM

Oh good!!! You are being lead to a wonderful path already!!! It'll take time. But you're doing great so far!! Just accept what you see and before you know it, it'll be gone :) for me it lasted...a year and a half o.o but that was because I didn't help myself in the first few months.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: recovery, dp, dr, depersonalization, derealization, hope

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users