I have recovered!!! There is hope!!! - Page 13 - Recovery Stories - Depersonalization Community

Please Read the Community Forum Guidelines Before Posting.

Photo

I have recovered!!! There is hope!!!

recovery dp dr depersonalization derealization hope

• Please log in to reply
146 replies to this topic

#145 Newchie97

Newchie97

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 102 posts

Posted 29 October 2016 - 02:30 PM

I also feel the same way, with me I will read a good recovery story that I relate to a lot. Feel really good and have some hope, but I get so caught uo in it that I start to read more and more stories and then I suddenly lose that bit of happiness I got and then try to find another good recovery story which then just reminds me of all my symptoms and I then feel horrible. Coming to these forums is pretty much ALL Ive done the past month, and that doesnt seem healthy at all. I think if we should be more disciplined on ourselves to only come here when were feeling extremely desperate or once a month to update how were doing. Or even better yet, our recovery !! :)

I 100% agree. Its definitely important to update progress or even a recovery! :D Only problem is that when most people recover, typically they don't come back here, they kinda just forget about it. Ive talked to a few people that were memebers on here back in 2010 and recovered. They never bothered to tell their story b/c it simply did not cross their minds.

#146 Alex222

Alex222

• DPSH Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 18 November 2016 - 06:18 PM

Are you still ok? You posted this a year ago.
My biggest fear is that this is something that remains for the whole life, and if you are stil ok there is hope.
I have dp and dr for a year now, DR is so far gone, world is 3d again, that is good progress.
DP is faiding away, but i still feel like stranger to my self, its like i reach this point were i only need one step to normal, and i just relaps, and the process goes from the begining.
I am better, but i kinda feel like i forgot how i felt my body before dp, how it's like not to feel like a "walking camera" (that is the best description of the feeling i can think in this moment)
Am i going to be normal? Am i just to much focused on my dp so i just think that i can't remember normal body feeling?
I do my best to get better, i do tons of things every day, i gues it is a slow progres and because that i am scsred that i brot this to my self for lifetime.

#147 Findyourself1997

Findyourself1997

• DPSH Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 23 August 2020 - 09:37 AM

did u recover from floaters completely ?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: recovery, dp, dr, depersonalization, derealization, hope

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users