How can you 'not think about dp' after 10 years dp ??? - Discussion - Depersonalization Community

Please Read the Community Forum Guidelines Before Posting.

Photo

How can you 'not think about dp' after 10 years dp ???

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 little star

little star

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 60 posts
  • LocationThe Netherlands

Posted 04 April 2015 - 06:40 PM

Hi everyone,

I have read on this forum that you must trying not to think about dp. But how can I distract myself after 10 years dp ???

When I distract myself, I think that I am not thinking about dp, but I still have dp... thus I think about dp ???

How can I exercise myself not to think about dp ??? I don't know how to do this after 10 years dp.

Thank you.

Greetings from the Netherlands,

Little star.

#2 WorkingOnIt

WorkingOnIt

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 106 posts

Posted 05 April 2015 - 11:35 PM

We can't really control our thoughts very well. Actually no human can. Our nervous system gets irritated and generates more thoughts about what bothers us. The goal isn't to stop thinking about dpdr. The goal is to do something else even as the thoughts persist. in my opinion, the goal isnt to 'be distracted ', it's to realize that focusing on it doesn't help and that doing anything else does help.

#3 CheckMate

CheckMate

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 05 April 2015 - 11:41 PM

It's hard to control thoughts, but the thoughts you think are the thoughts you choose to think, so I look at it as a choice to think about it. Distract yourself with what you love the most. For me, it's nature. When I'm out in nature, all my thoughts completely go away. Just relax, think something positive (I've always said positive beats negative). I used to have this Bible verse I used to say over and over again in my head, and aloud. It honestly made me feel a lot better, took all my bad thoughts away. Just think positive, and just relax yourself and just focus on living in the moment. Do something you like to do, and just stay focused. That's all I can recommend. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users