Dp dr and depression questions - Discussion - Depersonalization Community

Please Read the Community Forum Guidelines Before Posting.

Photo

Dp dr and depression questions

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 alnadine20

alnadine20

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 177 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 23 March 2015 - 12:37 AM

Im watching videos on youtube on depression and watched one where this guy was explaining how it feels to be clinically depressed. He was described things like having a piece of glass between u and the world ,food looses its taste, u cant feel anything, u feel like everything has no meaning on and on...basically all the same symptoms as dp dr...so what is the difference...if im clinically depressed and thats the case ill go put myself on an anti depressant right now. I just keep thinking its the dp dr thats setting off these symptoms. The only thing i dont have r the physical aches described in clinical depression and even if i did i wouldnt feel them bc of how numb and dissociated i am from my body

#2 DeeeP

DeeeP

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 24 March 2015 - 01:52 AM

There's a difference between depression, depersonalization and derealization, but maybe you have both and can't separate them.

#3 thetemplewithin

thetemplewithin

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 24 March 2015 - 02:08 AM

Do you not realize how much life loves you? What you need to do is grab 2 pillows, sit on them crosslegged, spine straight,eyes open, 4 feet from a wall and stare at the wall, and just let everything be as it is,sit still,be quiet,until you feel something, you shut up and sit there until you feel something, until that discomfort is gone,and you feel comfortable in your own skin,thats if you even have the courage. It takes courage to confront pain,move through it and see how much life actually loves you,that takes so much courage.

it takes no courage to whine on here.

#4 *Dreamer*

*Dreamer*

Senior DPSelfhelp.com Member

• DPSH Members
  • 3681 posts

Posted 24 March 2015 - 01:05 PM

There's a difference between depression, depersonalization and derealization, but maybe you have both and can't separate them.

DeeeP is correct.

#5 Ningen

Ningen

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 266 posts

Posted 29 July 2015 - 06:12 PM

The difference between DP and depression is that with depression you feel that there is nothing to be happy about, while with DP you feel that there are things to be happy about, but you can't feel the happiness.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users