Hi! - Introduce Yourself - Depersonalization Community

Please Read the Community Forum Guidelines Before Posting.

Photo

Hi!

panic disorder depersonalization derealization new hi

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 athaleyah

athaleyah

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 17 March 2015 - 08:16 PM

I'm Athaleyah, a few years ago I finally went to a psychiatrist and was diagnosed with Panic disorder, Agoraphobia & Depression. My biggest struggle is the constant feeling of depersonalization, it's like the majority of my days are a walking dream..I've never written in any kind of psychiatric or self-help forum before or spoke to anyone with the same experiences. So i'm looking forward to hearing about your experiences and possible advice  :wub: 

#2 Guest_Jeff_*

Guest_Jeff_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 March 2015 - 09:29 PM

Hi, welcome to the site. Hopefully you can relate to others with stories here.

Personally i have panic disorder and obsessive thinking, i'm a Grade A hypochondriac and this constant dream feeling struck me about 10 years ago almost. It's a rough go, but each day you live with it you know you're a stronger person for it. 

Again welcome, hope you have a positive experience here, now you know you're not alone!

#3 athaleyah

athaleyah

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 17 March 2015 - 09:35 PM

Thank you so much :) ..i'm looking forward to having a positive experience here as well.

#4 AylaStar

AylaStar

• DPSH Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
  • LocationHawaii

Posted 17 March 2015 - 11:00 PM

Welcome!

This is a great place to come so you don't have to feel like you're alone.
If you're ever having a rough time make sure to check in with the chat.  There isn't always someone there and a lot of the time the conversation might not be the most "mature", but it's a great way to get out of your head when it wont shut up. I've discovered helping others really helps me too.  I also recommend the Recovery Stories. They are extremely helpful and really aid in maintaining an optimistic outlook on this horrible affliction. 

If you ever have any questions let me know! :)

#5 athaleyah

athaleyah

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 18 March 2015 - 11:52 AM

Sounds good, thank you!

#6 athaleyah

athaleyah

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 19 March 2015 - 08:53 AM

DP is worse than most things.

Welcome to our merry band of sufferers. Maybe you'll have fun here but probably not.

Haha thank you, i think it will be interesting to talk to people who are experiencing the same thing  ^_^

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: panic disorder, depersonalization, derealization, new, hi

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users