Feeling "recovered" with left eye closed or cross-eyeing slightly.. - Page 2 - Discussion - Depersonalization Community

Please Read the Community Forum Guidelines Before Posting.

Photo

Feeling "recovered" with left eye closed or cross-eyeing slightly..

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#13 luctor et emergo

luctor et emergo

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 395 posts

Posted 24 May 2015 - 12:13 PM

You said you practice EMDR, I'm curious about this.. Take a look at this post:

http://www.dpselfhel...yeing-slightly/

Do you think these issues relate to EMDR?

Interesting post, my first thought based on my own experience is that your eye movements and the practice of EMDR are two separate experiences.

Even though EMDR stands for eye movement desensitization and reprocessing and originally was focussed on eye movements 

to recreate a state of consciousness which resembles dream sleep in order to reprocess past traumatic experiences and thus alleviate dissociation,

your eye movements do not seem linked to the above state of mind.

The EMDR therapy I'm currently following is with the use of bilateral tones that are coming through headphones, my eyes are closed.

I will let my optician check my eye movement the next time, as I have minus 9 eye sight both left and right.

#14 jotteff

jotteff

Advanced Member

• DPSH Members
  • 55 posts

Posted 24 August 2015 - 10:02 AM

You should read this post:

http://www.dpselfhel...cause-of-my-dp/

This guy's DP/DR was caused by his eyes (something named "vertical heterophoria"). Get your eyes checked!

#15 Andre

Andre

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 78 posts

Posted 31 January 2017 - 06:48 PM

I'm having the same "recovered" feeling after doing exercises, like walking/running/gym. Maybe these eye-related events have some relation with neurotransmitters, like dopamine, as they are produced just after exercising...

#16 Surfer Rosa

Surfer Rosa

Senior DPSelfhelp.com Member

• DPSH Members
  • 752 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 01 February 2017 - 04:09 PM

DXM makes your eyes track wrong. That's why abusers of thst drug wear an eyepatch. DP'd people probably have weaker focus too. I have a slightly lazy eye, but it's only noticeable when I'm staring into space, so it's a lazy resting eye. Sometimes overstimulation makes it nearly impossible for me to use fine focus (can't read anymore). It's a real trip.

#17 Pondererer

Pondererer

Senior DPSelfhelp.com Member

• DPSH Members
  • 877 posts
  • LocationBergen, Norway

Posted 01 February 2017 - 09:47 PM

I feel "recovered" with my left eye closed (seeing with the right one only), or cross-eyeing slightly, or even when shaking the both eyes (don't know if everyone can do this).

Anyone relate?

Yes. But i can't exactly walk around like that all day lol. I have the same effect when looking at bright lights too. I walk around like an idiot at the grocery store staring up at the lights lol. I couldnt do this before because grocery stores was a trigger earlier.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users