New, frightened, and anxious. - Introduce Yourself - Depersonalization Community

Please Read the Community Forum Guidelines Before Posting.

Photo

New, frightened, and anxious.

depersonalization derealization dying anxiety stress hopelessness depression fear

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 littlebombon

littlebombon

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 07 October 2014 - 04:12 PM

---

#2 Guest_Selig_*

Guest_Selig_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 October 2014 - 05:08 PM

Hi Ivonne!

What you are describing is indeed indicative of derealization/depersonalization -- both of which can act be triggered by a panic attack. Your body is likely attempting to return to a normalized state, but your anxiety and fear may be preventing it from doing so. 

Can we hear some more about your previous history of anxiety and childhood?

#3 Guest_ThoughtOnFire_*

Guest_ThoughtOnFire_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 October 2014 - 05:10 PM

The night I "changed" I knew 100% that I was about to die. I told my mom I was going crazy after coming home at 2am, losing my mind during the night out with friends. I slept on my moms bedroom floor and my cat got up on my chest. I blinked, and it went from 3am ish to early morning with sun coming in the window. A BLINK! Morning, my cat was still on my chest. Sometimes I think I'm dead, living in some purgatory as if nothing happened. Also I have felt like I was going to die soon... for over a year. After my cat died I thought I was next. It's only a matter of time. Now I think it's ego death of some sort.

#4 Aliciaw322

Aliciaw322

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 07 October 2014 - 05:18 PM

I understand, totally. I live with this everyday too. I had my first panic attack 3 years ago. It was the worst feeling of my life and I also thought I was going to die. With me, I feel fine during the day but like clockwork around 5pm everyday, the derealization/depersonalization happens. I have to take xanax or I have a panic attack. Once you go to the psych, he will be able to better help you. I take effexor xr, xanax and trileptal now. It's a lot but it's what I need and it helps. Keep us updated. <3

#5 Wacko

Wacko

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 24 October 2014 - 10:08 PM

My body feels really achey. My legs feel weak when I walk, and I can no longer lift heavy things. I get this sick feeling that runs up my spine to my head, and it's just really gross and makes it feel like I'm about to die. I can't concentrate, My memory sucks really really bad. I am beyond stressed out. It almost feels as if my intuition is telling me that I'm going to die soon, and a lot of the times any second. I am so fucking scared honestly, I'm not ready to die. I have a baby boy and I want to watch him grow, and his babies grow too. I am going to see a psychiatrist soon. Because I am so sick of feeling like I'm about to die. Anyway that's my DR/DP story, hopefully it's just anxiety telling me that I'm going to die, and not my intuition. I really should have gotten help sooner, or maybe a shrink..[/size]

I do not think this is dp/dr. There is a culprit behind every disease. Your legs and arms feeling weak is a sign of a neurological disease and not just a mental state. 90% of all psychiatric diseases are due to parasites and bacteria invading the brain. I sent you a message. 

#6 Mochan

Mochan

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 105 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 25 October 2014 - 07:36 AM

This sounds like DP/DR to me...
DP/DR makes my arms and legs feel "light", like a feather, does that mean I have a neurological disease ?

I got all those things due to being burned out. I'm able to lift things again, but my arms, legs and head still fell very light.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: depersonalization, derealization, dying, anxiety, stress, hopelessness, depression, fear

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users