My recovery story after 7 long years thanks to john of god Faith Healer - Page 2 - Recovery Stories - Depersonalization Community

Please Read the Community Forum Guidelines Before Posting.

Photo

My recovery story after 7 long years thanks to john of god Faith Healer

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#13 Wacko

Wacko

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 31 August 2014 - 07:18 PM

I feel fuking normal ! I still have hppd tho...I won't be fully cured of that until my next trip ...
But no more dp! No more feeling like I don't have a soul and my emotions r not there...I can relate with people better..although hppd still interferes with that department.

My first trip I was there for 3 months...please watch the youtube video I shared on my story if u wish to find out who john of god is and how he works...all information is there.

So how much does he charge? He doesn't work for free does he? Did he perform any type of surgery on yourself? Can you tell us about your expenses to Brazil? Is it safe? I don't feel like getting jumped in another country. 

#14 missjess

missjess

Senior DPSelfhelp.com Member

• DPSH Members
  • 2232 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 31 August 2014 - 09:30 PM

Wacko watch the video on john of god..
He does not charge for the healing.....abadiania is very safe especially around the casa

#15 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 31 August 2014 - 09:38 PM

"I still have hppd tho...I won't be fully cured of that until my next trip"

#16 Guest_Amani_*

Guest_Amani_*
  • Guests

Posted 31 August 2014 - 10:08 PM

I really feel the need to share this. I had my first experience w dpdr 14 years ago after smoking hash. It was episodic until this last year where I had a traumatic panic attack. I have been mostly bedridden for the last 12 months acutely aware of how bizarre existence is the works. It's 6 am where I am and here I was trolling the internet reading about miraclous healings and faith healing etc. I've never really done this search as I'm a scientist by trade and a great sceptic. But desperate times... Anyway I switched off my phone got into bed then really couldn't sleep. I thought let me go on the forum maybe there's a new recovery story worth reading (I hate this forum bcz it's so fatalistic and at times demoralising) and there first thing I read is a post on faith healing. I have goosebumps thinking about it. And by missjess. A member I'd read some posts by that I really felt portrayed what I'm feeling accurately and that I'd screen shot in the past.

I just wanted to share this even if it means nothing. There's limits to coincidence even though my brain screams for rationality and science. I hope it gives someone hope like it's given me inspite of myself.

#17 Wacko

Wacko

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 01 September 2014 - 12:48 AM

Wacko watch the video on john of god..
He does not charge for the healing.....abadiania is very safe especially around the casa

I will check them out. I saw that he is on youtube but I was not sure what style or religion this guy really is. It is quite confusing. 

#18 missjess

missjess

• DPSH Members
  • 2232 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 01 September 2014 - 01:32 AM

"I still have hppd tho...I won't be fully cured of that until my next trip"

Yeah what's ur point ?? I had 2 issues to go for healing...dp has been healed already but my hppd isn't totally healed yet and I was told to come back again.

Guest_amani

I have noted many people on here are scientific/rational minded people and to be honest that really limits a person in there recovery. If ur faith eyes are not open then u don't have very many options left. As u said I was also desperate aswel and having tired every single fuking thing including meds, therapy bla bla bla I still felt soulless and lifeless. I'm so glad I found john of god and I am lucky to have that spiritual belief because I may have quit at the casa and thought it was stupid if I didn't have faith.

Many skeptics have gone to the casa and been proven otherwise and changed there opinions by the way :)

#19 clockwork8

clockwork8

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 92 posts
  • LocationNew Hampshire

Posted 01 September 2014 - 10:25 PM

It seems the iboga caused a change in her, which was perpetuated by going to this "john of god" person.. Placebo is a very powerful thing. 

A change perhaps, but there's seriously no way it would have caused a change for the better, the neurochemistry just doesn't make sense. Ibogaine is a dissociative drug, taking dissociative drugs makes dissociative symptoms worse.

#20 missjess

missjess

• DPSH Members
  • 2232 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 01 September 2014 - 11:13 PM

A change perhaps, but there's seriously no way it would have caused a change for the better, the neurochemistry just doesn't make sense. Ibogaine is a dissociative drug, taking dissociative drugs makes dissociative symptoms worse.

Ibogaine caused me to have hppd...not much more I can say...ibogaine is a disaster and I wish I never ever touched that shit!!!

#21 curiousmind

curiousmind

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 94 posts
  • LocationBudapest, Hungary

Posted 17 February 2020 - 12:02 PM

Brazil 'spiritual healer' known as John of God jailed for 19 years for raping four women

https://www.telegrap...9-years-raping/

#22 AnnaGiulia

AnnaGiulia

Regular Contributor

• Moderators
  • 108 posts

Posted 17 February 2020 - 03:50 PM

@curiousmind, thank you for posting this, it brings a heartbreaking context to the whole thread before your post. I am simply enraged by the way that fragile people are being re-victimized, when the very thing that makes them prone to victimization is the abuse that they already suffered.

#23 PerfectFifth

PerfectFifth

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 323 posts

Posted 17 February 2020 - 03:57 PM

Snake oil salesmen everywhere. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users