My recovery story after 7 long years thanks to john of god Faith Healer - Recovery Stories - Depersonalization Community

Please Read the Community Forum Guidelines Before Posting.

Photo

My recovery story after 7 long years thanks to john of god Faith Healer

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 missjess

missjess

Senior DPSelfhelp.com Member

• DPSH Members
  • 2232 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 20 August 2014 - 11:22 AM

I have decided to write a post on my recovery from Depersonalization disorder, after 7 long years of hell and after almost giving up I found john of god. Here is my story:

I got Dpdr at around 19, I was abusing drugs namely methamphetamine and ecstasy. I do not deny that I was trying to avoid my life, pain and the abuse I suffered in childhood from my mother and father. I also got bullied in high school as a teenager which led me to a road of self rejection and self loathing, extremely low self esteem and full of shame. I always suspected I had borderline personality before I got dp aswel.

When I got dp it was the start of hypochondria, and trying to figure out what was wrong with me. I never did discover what dp was but I did seek out an excellent counselor that helped me to completely recover. It was a lot of oainful work, which involved facing my self, my negative self concept and recreating my identity again. It was very deep work, painfull and very rewarding...when I came out of it I was a brand new person, even better then I ever was. I felt free, like a child again, no fear, I had my willpower back, my voice, my dominant side, I totally and completely got over the shame I had been feeling all my life.

This did not last long because I unfortunately had to move in with my mum for a period of time after breaking up with my bf, after only a short few months, I reverted back into the hurt child I had always been since I can remember. (This is why it is so important to NOT live with toxic and abusive people when u are trying to recover, this is crucial.) anyways I sank into a deep and dark pit, the dp that I fell into this time was not the same as the typical dp with severe anxiety it was just numbness deadness, I was driven to move far away from my mother and my family so I moved to another state. I still felt completely awfull. I was very suicidal and I tried to work but I just couldn't do it anymore, I felt in terrible despair and that's when I looked into Iboga out of desperation. I have tried Iboga a number if times in the past to get rid of dp but nothing could prepare me for what I was about to do to myself and my brain. One night I decided I was going to do a full flood treatment and go for a large dose to try to cure myself of dp, I had to be taken to the hospital and I almost died, I was there for 3 days & when I came out I had nervous system damage, my perception was altered and it led me to develop hppd.

After all this I was desperately seeking for help, by a miracle I came across john of god the famous Brazilian healer, I did my research and off I went for 3 months. My time at the casa completely changed me slowly over time. I went there feeling dead like a zombie, in despair, agoraphobic & full of shame. I truly believe that there is a god out there and I found him at the casa, I thought I was irredeemable, a goner and would have to kill myself. I won't lie, I really had to work at the casa, I sat in the current room for both sessions on casa days there is a morning and afternoon session and each can last anywhere between 3-5 hours. When I walked past john of god he looked at my energy and he told my guide that he could cure my hppd and heal me completely emotionally and spiritually. I was shocked, and in disbelief but it put faith into me and I worked my butt off while I was there, I was desperate to feel better. I will never forget mayb towards the end if the second month I started to feel alive, I was sitting at a cafe eating my lunch and I suddenly had the feeling like I was there and actually eating the food...a feeling I hadn't had in 7 long years !!! Things were starting to register to me emotionally. I opened my Facebook and started looking through my photos, I actually felt connected to my photos! I could feel the soul of myself in the photos ..now with dp I could never feel that I always felt distant and detached without a soul.

It has been 3 months since I've been back in my hometown since being at the casa in Brazil and I still have my soul back :) I am nowhere near healed enough though, and I must go bsck to continue my healing for hppd.....but john of god saved my life and I honestly thought I was a goner. If anyone is interested to know more about john of god for themselves, I have provided a fantastic video on youtube that shows you who he is and what he does and some of the people he has treated and healed at the casa. I hope my story offers anyone just a little bit of hope because dp is truly hell and if you are tired of doctors, therapy that doesn't do shit and a scientific approach that hasent proven to be of any benefit to you then you might want to open your mind and surrender to god and faith healing. I have also provided another video below the first one about a guy who was cured of dp after 6 years of struggling with the disorder from tb joshua who is another famous healer from Nigeria.

John of god:
https://m.youtube.co...h?v=U-YhRwI-PWY

Guy healed from dp after 6 years through tb joshua:
https://m.youtube.co...h?v=bJPvtkwXZGM

Thank you for reading my story and I hope to instill hope in some of you especially those of you who have been suffering a very very long time with this disorder and with no answer yet.

Xoxoxoxoxooxox

#2 seafoamneon

seafoamneon

Core Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 415 posts

Posted 20 August 2014 - 02:37 PM

Thanks for posting missjess :)

#3 WILBUR

WILBUR

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 138 posts

Posted 20 August 2014 - 03:02 PM

I'm so glad that something worked for you, and while i'm not trying to be a downer I think you should give your self more credit than just thinking "god" and "john of god" caused this to happen. 

#4 seafoamneon

seafoamneon

Core Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 415 posts

Posted 20 August 2014 - 03:36 PM

I'm so glad that something worked for you, and while i'm not trying to be a downer I think you should give your self more credit than just thinking "god" and "john of god" caused this to happen.

God did cause it to happen

#5 WILBUR

WILBUR

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 138 posts

Posted 20 August 2014 - 03:40 PM

It seems the iboga caused a change in her, which was perpetuated by going to this "john of god" person.. Placebo is a very powerful thing. 

#6 Huggy Bear

Huggy Bear

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 367 posts

Posted 20 August 2014 - 04:24 PM

Which God? The Christian God, Allah, Zeus or Jupiter?

I'm happy for missjess if she feels better - feeling part of a community can be helpful...

#7 missjess

missjess

• DPSH Members
  • 2232 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 21 August 2014 - 12:32 AM

Ur totally derailing my whole story and the facts, I don't appreciate it at all you dont know shit about where I went etc I did nothing over there....I am rlly sick and tired of my recovery story turning into a debate about faith healers !! This is a post for other members who feel hopeless and have exhausted all other routes like I did. I don't want people putting smart comments up about "god" "faith healers" and "placebo affect"

#8 missjess

missjess

• DPSH Members
  • 2232 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 21 August 2014 - 01:50 AM

#9 retep

retep

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 115 posts

Posted 21 August 2014 - 10:16 AM

I think this is great!
It shows that it's not about getting rid of the symptoms but reconnecting to our Soul! The more we do that, the less the symptoms have any foothold.
Congrats missjess, you deserve it!

#10 Wacko

Wacko

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 29 August 2014 - 06:06 PM

Ok. So do you mind sharing with us how long were you with John? How much did you spend? 

Does he charge anything? What procedures did he do? Does this involve magic? How long it took for you to see the effects of the healing? This is quite interesting and would like to know more. 

#11 missjess

missjess

• DPSH Members
  • 2232 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 31 August 2014 - 05:28 AM

I feel fuking normal ! I still have hppd tho...I won't be fully cured of that until my next trip ...
But no more dp! No more feeling like I don't have a soul and my emotions r not there...I can relate with people better..although hppd still interferes with that department.

My first trip I was there for 3 months...please watch the youtube video I shared on my story if u wish to find out who john of god is and how he works...all information is there.

#12 demi

demi

Advanced Member

• DPSH Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 31 August 2014 - 08:18 AM

When do you plan on going next? give us on update when you come back. Best wishes xoxo

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users