A theater piece on DP - Discussion - Depersonalization Community

Please Read the Community Forum Guidelines Before Posting.

Photo

A theater piece on DP

theater discussion depersonalization

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Morganteale

Morganteale

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 09 May 2014 - 09:02 PM

Hi all,

I am a 24 year old graduate student at NYU. I was diagnosed with bipolar at 13 and have had quite a journey since. Through middle and high school I had episodes of DP. Thankfully now that my medication and I am stable I have not experienced it for several years now. 

I am reaching out because I am in the theater program in grad school and am currently creating a theater piece around DP. I want to bring a voice to people who suffer from this and my goal is to give the audience an understanding of what it is like to live with this.

If anyone is willing, I would love to have a dialogue with some people who are going through this. I think input from those with DP is essential to creating this piece. 

If anyone is open to a skype session that would be wonderful as well- but I'd also love to just hear from you. My email is [email protected]

Thanks so much

Morgan 

#2 *Dreamer*

*Dreamer*

Senior DPSelfhelp.com Member

• DPSH Members
  • 3681 posts

Posted 09 May 2014 - 10:24 PM

Wondereful idea.  Did you ever see the musical "Next to Normal."  About a mother with bipolar and how her family deals with it.

I am a theatre person from way back.  If I could make this into a play I'd do it myself.  To be honest I think a stage production would work better than a film.  Lots of leeway with things.

Have a look at my website.  I'm trying to develop that into a book which may or may not ever get finished. Most difficult thing I've done in my life.  

And if you get the play up and running I'll come out and see it, or give me a few lines to speak!!

http://www.dreamchild.net

#3 Morganteale

Morganteale

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 10 May 2014 - 11:14 AM

Thanks so much for your support! I have seen Next to Normal- I think that theater is a really great medium for dealing with these things. I will keep you in the loop about how it goes.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: theater, discussion, depersonalization

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users