100% Recovered ~ 2.5 years - Now Your Turn - Page 4 - Recovery Stories - Depersonalization Community

Please Read the Community Forum Guidelines Before Posting.

Photo

100% Recovered ~ 2.5 years - Now Your Turn

recovery regaining reality cure

• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

#37 thisisawersome

thisisawersome

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 01 November 2014 - 11:53 PM

Hi,

Did it pop back to "awake" in one moment? or did it fade back?

#38 molokoplus

molokoplus

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 22 January 2015 - 05:16 AM

I've had this for many years. I think it started when I was 20. I smoked salvia and had what I know now to be an insane panic attack. I have never felt the same. Since then I've accomplished a lot things, but my DP is still here. I know I can get by having DP, but sometimes it is just debilitating and excrutiatingly painful. right now is one of those times.

I'm lying In bed insanely tired but I cannot sleep because of my mental state: racing thoughts; this feeling that I'm in a dream. That feeling has been with me for a long time and I just want it to go away. More than anything in the world. I want to thank everyone on this forum and contributors on this thread especially as you have all helped me in coping with this awful... I don't know what to call it. Ailment?

Anyways, thank you all. Together we are strong and I know one day we will all be rid of this terrible ailment.

#39 marduk

marduk

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 125 posts

Posted 26 December 2015 - 03:34 PM

Old post i know, but still i am happy to see that someone had the same symptoms as i have and recovered, hope you are still doing well, and hopefully i will get where you are someday :)

#40 abby24

abby24

• DPSH Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 12 January 2018 - 04:11 PM

I have a question, does the flourecent bright lights go back to normal eventually?

#41 Mdf

Mdf

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 27 February 2018 - 09:53 PM

I just started reading this-I’m on the words of hope section- and already want to thank you so much for sharing. Thanks so, so much.

#42 Ernestia Ignis

Ernestia Ignis

• DPSH Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 16 April 2018 - 02:42 PM

did you experience any blank mind?

(Ik you had alot of symptoms and I apologize for asking for clarification)

When you tried to engage in things- could you enjoy them at all? Like, watch a movie and be able to feel it, or listen to music and enjoy it

I think

what deffers alot of ppl from going back to a normal life is the realization that they cant

#43 Flavius

Flavius

Advanced Member

• DPSH Members
  • 59 posts
  • LocationCroatia

Posted 17 April 2018 - 06:36 PM

What is annoying in this post is suggestion to go out and socialize with people and do outside activities.

Well, I know I have moderate DP phase where I could go outside, now in the severe state of DP I'm not able to functio properly and walk properly, feeling like I'm floating instead of walking, not feeling my body at all.

I walk only throung night when less people are on the street and where I can avoid people to say hello.

There's a different stages of DP, before one year I tought I will recover by the end of the summer and not that it didn't happen it's even worse now. Unemployed, and without money with nobody to understand my condition, even professional.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: recovery, regaining reality, cure

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users