100% Recovered ~ 2.5 years - Now Your Turn - Page 3 - Recovery Stories - Depersonalization Community

Please Read the Community Forum Guidelines Before Posting.

Photo

100% Recovered ~ 2.5 years - Now Your Turn

recovery regaining reality cure

• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

#25 Saphir

Saphir

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 27 June 2014 - 12:33 PM

Thanks so much for sharing and giving me hope!

What are some of the books you bought off of Amazon?

I am looking for something that will give me hope, much like your read, perhaps with tips and tricks along the way to make this process.... easier.

Thank you!

~S

#26 Guest_Tamara_*

Guest_Tamara_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 July 2014 - 08:05 PM

This was so helpful! When people would say just get your mind off of things I would think how! I would focus on getting my mind off things that I would still actually be thinking about it, but these are very helpful!

#27 Guest_Tamara_*

Guest_Tamara_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 July 2014 - 08:18 PM

This was so helpful! When people would say just get your mind off of things I would think how! I would focus on getting my mind off things that I would still actually be thinking about it, but these are very helpful!

#28 Anonymity

Anonymity

Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 337 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted 10 July 2014 - 12:13 AM

I love how you dont mention the feeling of unrealness in your symptoms. I never really had an accurate feeling of feeling unreal, and it makes me doubt my self-diagnoses all the time. Thoughts of being unreal or external things being unreal have never been an issue for me. I would constantly try and put in my head the feeling of unrealness, even though I never truly felt it, just to try and convince myself I had DP, and this caused more distress for me. Unrealness is the main thing that defines DPDR and without it i believed I couldnt relate to anyone here.

Things just gradually felt horrifying and very different and out of control for me, even very casual things, just nothing was the same anymore. Jaimas vu was extremely prevelant for me, and still is.

I relate much to this post, and appreciate it a lot. Im ganna have to reread, and hopefully it will begin to resonate with me.

#29 nessafarrell

nessafarrell

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 20 July 2014 - 06:42 AM

Awesome post, absolutely relatable. Thank you so much for the encouraging words of wisdom! We are all in this together and it will be alright :)

#30 Guest_Jennifer_*

Guest_Jennifer_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 August 2014 - 05:03 AM

Hi there,

I'm suffering from a severe case of derealisation, at least thats what i think.

Can i ask you what you mean bij frame by frame sensation.

I'm so scared of this experience:

When i'm in one place, the other place doesn't seem to excist. Like the rest of the world isn't really there.

This scares me a lot and causes that i don't dare to leave my house because i'm scared i won't remember where i live anymore.

Names of places scare me a lot. I can't figure out why.

Also when this happens i'm so confused. Unable to speak propperly, poor memory. Can't remember if i just closed the window yes or no.

Like i'm drowning...........

Anyhow, i'll hope to receive your answer.

Thank you.

Jennifer

#31 Guest_NoKidding_*

Guest_NoKidding_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 September 2014 - 02:57 AM

13 months of this crap. After being having 24-hour adrenaline for 9 months, being unable to speak, correctly manuever my hands and feet or SEE ATALL (that's a year, trapped inside I am venturing out to take care of business and realize I am still doing terribly. It's a NEVERENDING BAD  TRIP. I can't have regular conversations. I can't make my point. I am still overwhelmed. I still can't see well and for this frist time in my life I have very poor judgement. I still have vertigo and some confusion.. I decided last year afte doing somehting reallystupid that I am not to make any big decisions at least for a year.

So what? Well, I  have forgotten who I am. Until THIS I high function adult that wore many hats-at work, school and all the fun responsibiities of an middel aged adult. My diet is ideal and supplements of every type that could be beneficial. I am brain dead.

I am distracted and forgetful. My mailman checked up on me becasue I was acting weird and had millions of things going on at the same time. For the first time in my life I have pissed off people in my vicinity. I used to be a Type A and sharp as a tack . Now I can't find happiness in anything, not even things I used to do. It't as if I am someone else in my body and circumstance. I am bitter and unhappy. I can't handle folks trying to quesition and jive me anymore, which is impossible lving in a big city. The very worst is I can't remember the terrific, well-thought-out ideas I had before this happened and those notes died on an unrecoverable externbal hard drive 6 months ago. Are there any new supplements out that recover our brains and personalities yet?I read that there is a miracle chemical that Yale discovered in May that recoveres memories in one dose,TC-123? I am sick of people just staring right through me and not responding to conversation whenI leave the house. It just makes this so much worse, because I feel invisible/dead already.

#32 Jubrowne

Jubrowne

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 22 October 2014 - 12:58 PM

S

#33 Jubrowne

Jubrowne

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 22 October 2014 - 01:05 PM

Wow very informative post. Your symptoms are the closest I have found to mine. My dp was triggered im thinking because of quitting birth control and I also had surgery on my stomach. I am 21 years old. Always been very normal happy fun ect!! Never had mental health issues in the past. Two months ago my life changed forever. I was sitting in my car and bam out of nowhere I felt like someone had taken out my soul. My mind my will and emotions were like non existent. I started to panic and had a panic attack and really haven't calmed down since. Everything is different. Like I'm looking at the world through some distorted view. things don't really look distorted but feelings towards them are different. Idk it's hard to explain. Like I'll look at my hand and wonder all these stupid questions like "is this my hand and why does it look like and why does it bother me and never did before?" Like dumb ass thoughts. Basically feeling like I'm dreaming and unreal all day. Can't look in the mirror at myself because I just don't know who or what I am. Really disturbing. Had to quit college and move home with my parents. Trying to figure out what the hell happened to my brain and why things that are so meaningless scare me to death. I seriously think I'm going psycho. The doctors tell me I'm not but this just isn't normal. I'm just waiting to wake up one day and really just lose control completely. I can't control myself because I don't even know myself!!! Im so scared IM gonna start hearing voices and believing delusions and stuff because what im feeling is really delusional and not real but it bothers me so much. I feel like im floating out of body all damn day

#34 Jubrowne

Jubrowne

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 23 October 2014 - 04:30 AM

@life123
Hi I read your post. I'm am current going through dp and feeling like I'm going schizophrenic. Did you get over the dp and feelings of being mentally ill?

#35 Jodie

Jodie

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 65 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 25 October 2014 - 04:58 PM

@nuncle would be great to hear some replies on recent posts x

#36 Jodie

Jodie

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 65 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 26 October 2014 - 02:48 PM

its a really good point @thor, when we are at our worst with DP we always somehow manage to calm ourselves down enough to continue... but then when its not so bad, we think about it so much it puts us right back there... gotta notice the connection between those 2 surely, death situations bring out the power in people, anything less almost makes us want to put ourselves back there, cause thats the only time we can be strong... deep 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: recovery, regaining reality, cure

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users