Why do I feel "stuck" in first person view? - Page 2 - Discussion - Depersonalization Community

Please Read the Community Forum Guidelines Before Posting.

Photo

Why do I feel "stuck" in first person view?

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#13 Hannah12

Hannah12

Advanced Member

• DPSH Members
  • 51 posts

Posted 15 December 2013 - 03:42 PM

Does anyone have any ways to deal with this. I'm in school at the moment and i freak out in class and it's all i think about for the whole day. Good luck to everyone

#14 Coolio1231

Coolio1231

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 26 May 2017 - 03:10 AM

I´ve got EXACTLY the same problem right now.Actually i´m glad that i´m not the only one who got this Problem.

I know this is an old Thread,but does somebody know how to feel normal again? I can´t even imagine feeling normal right now..

Its like i want to see my self from outside,because i feel comfortable in this"first person perspektive",I mean this is totally normal,why does it freaking my out?

I got suicidial thoughts also..

#15 derrrr

derrrr

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 73 posts

Posted 26 May 2017 - 03:10 PM

I´ve got EXACTLY the same problem right now.Actually i´m glad that i´m not the only one who got this Problem.

I know this is an old Thread,but does somebody know how to feel normal again? I can´t even imagine feeling normal right now..

Its like i want to see my self from outside,because i feel comfortable in this"first person perspektive",I mean this is totally normal,why does it freaking my out?

I got suicidial thoughts also..

For me anyways, a) keep anxiety/worry at bay and b ) distracting yourself makes this hyper awareness/first-person thing go away. And you have to be diligent about it, otherwise this awareness sticks around.

#16 Tim Couch 1999

Tim Couch 1999

• DPSH Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 14 January 2018 - 09:14 PM

Can't believe I found someone else who has this problem. You're describing it the exact same way I would, with phrases like "everything I have ever known has been from this perspective, but now it seems limiting." That's verbatim what I've been thinking to myself lately. I've actually been trying to find someone else on the internet who has this same problem for a while now, but wasn't able to find anything close. Then I finally searched "stuck in first person view." Glad to see I'm not the only one. 

I've had what I believe to be DP for a month now. Awful experience. It manifests itself in different ways, but the main source of anxiety with all of the different forms is the feeling of no escape, or being trapped. I'm not going to get into what was causing me to feel trapped so I don't trigger anything, but what I went through the first week or so was the absolute worst. A part of me feared that I wouldn't make it much longer because I was so miserable. But it passed and things got better. Not cured, but definitely better. But here I am now with this feeling of being stuck in first person vision, and it's kind of like I'm back to where I was in the beginning. Incredible amount of pain, and just an overall dark feeling. It's not 24/7 but it's there a lot of the time. I'm not suicidal or anything, but I fear it could get to that point if things were to never get better. 

I have reason to believe that this feeling of being stuck in first person will pass, but I can't help but worry that it won't. Anyways, I gotta ask the question that everyone with DP asks: how are you feeling now? Do you still have this problem? 

#17 Dragonz

Dragonz

Advanced Member

• DPSH Members
  • 59 posts

Posted 15 January 2018 - 08:07 PM

You still have derealization.stuck in your head with that view of the world.suicidal thoughts.im like this constantly.i think about ending it everyday but never seem to do it.i want to live but this condition makes you think the worst.i think these thoughts are just part of it.if you have dp beat already then this will be your last step to being back to who your supposed to be.im finding it very hard but still(i dont know how) get through each day.
Please dont let this horrible bastard of
A condition ever cheat you out of living your life.we all feel so alone but we are in this together.

#18 Dragonz

Dragonz

Advanced Member

• DPSH Members
  • 59 posts

Posted 15 January 2018 - 08:13 PM

Both my brothers had this years ago and completely recovered and have happy lives.1 of them at one stage thought he was living in a video game.he just laughs about it now.

#19 georgev89

georgev89

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 30 October 2018 - 08:35 AM

Jesus Christ, I thought I was the only one with this fucking scarry thought...I mean it`s real, but why am I thinking of it? I lived my life in the same perspective, and it was good, I didn`t care about...until this question arise in my head.It was like I`m stuck in my head with the eyes and I only see in a FP mode, but I can`t see myself and I think that this will last forever...I`m not that anxious about it, but it somehow scares me and the thought that reacts the "spirit state" is always anxious to announce me: "hey, don`t forget your mood, your perspective"...Fuck! Did you guys managed to pass this shitty experience?

#20 Tyree225

Tyree225

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 65 posts

Posted 05 November 2018 - 02:08 PM

I have a hunch that dpdr is the result of a combination of things. For instance these thoughts that we all have of suicide or of being in a alternative reality or the thought of your body feels disconnected from your brain like I have. What if it's all part of OCD? Also I'd like to address that it could be due to subconscious anxiety. For instance even when you don't presently feel anxiety because us as humans need an understanding of what something is to wrap our heads around it so we think of anxiety as a feeling of fear which leads to physical symptoms such as heart palpitations sweating or nausea, so what if we're feeling subconscious anxiety without physical symptoms or fear? Sort of like a silent panic if that makes since? So perhaps each and everyone of us regardless of which two combinations all suffer from DP for those reasons whether it be intrusive thoughts OCD, overwhelming fear anxiety, panic attacks where depersonalization is present momentarily, I mean think about it you consciously have to be focusing on the problem itself in order to feel the effects I mean you don't feel depersonalized when you are sleeping or distracted. Or I should say filthy overwhelming effects of it but yet you still fill it subconsciously no matter what you do, therefore it must be subconscious anxiety. People can develop mental illnesses without genetics trauma or environmental factors. And because so little is known not just about DP but anxiety depression PTSD and OCD that these truly are the causes. I mean look up any of these mental disabilities and I guarantee you every single one of them will come to the same conclusion that they don't know what causes it. I truly believe if we all seek therapy 2 better establish a hard past we would more than likely benefit from the therapy causing less subconscious anxiety leading to a full recovery

#21 CamiCat

CamiCat

• DPSH Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 06 November 2018 - 08:04 AM

Jesus Christ, I thought I was the only one with this fucking scarry thought...I mean it`s real, but why am I thinking of it? I lived my life in the same perspective, and it was good, I didn`t care about...until this question arise in my head.It was like I`m stuck in my head with the eyes and I only see in a FP mode, but I can`t see myself and I think that this will last forever...I`m not that anxious about it, but it somehow scares me and the thought that reacts the "spirit state" is always anxious to announce me: "hey, don`t forget your mood, your perspective"...Fuck! Did you guys managed to pass this shitty experience?

I feel the same :)

#22 SharasZzzz

SharasZzzz

Advanced Member

• DPSH Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 12 November 2020 - 09:19 AM

Has anyone survived this? I once lived through this phase, but quarantine made stuff bad..

#23 Saschasascha

Saschasascha

Advanced Member

• DPSH Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 13 November 2020 - 10:25 PM

I have survived this. Im not cured of DP but once you become more in touch with your emotions again, things will get better and you will feel that sense of being a living body more.

#24 jc

jc

Senior DPSelfhelp.com Member

• DPSH Members
  • 1724 posts
  • Locationuk

Posted 15 November 2020 - 08:13 AM

exactly how i described myself to my dr 30 years ago .........

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users