What happened when you first got full blown dp? - The Daily Forum - Depersonalization Community

Please Read the Community Forum Guidelines Before Posting.

Photo

What happened when you first got full blown dp?

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Sike25

Sike25

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 232 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 12:27 PM

I was at a lake and I had told my mom and dad I wasn't feeling well and that I felt like I wasn't in my body and that I felt really off. They said I was fine and it slowly got worse until I had a really bad panic attack and had to go to the teens pyche ward for about ten days cause I completely numbed out and having panic attacks. I was stressed about after life thoughts and felt like I was dead. I thought I was gonna be dpd the rest of my life which made my anxiety worse. Then I got out and stayed in my room for a few months until I became accepted with dp.

#2 Lynxabc

Lynxabc

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 131 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 12:43 PM

When I was at my parent sroom. Had a Massive PA and then felt disconnected from everything around me.

#3 Ruhtra

Ruhtra

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 83 posts
  • LocationFrance

Posted 27 September 2013 - 04:44 PM

I was at a friend's. We were watching a film while smoking weed and at some point, I started questioning everything. Like ''why do we have bones, organs ? '' etc. I even remember thinking about Plato's Cave ( http://en.wikipedia....ory_of_the_Cave ). Then I had a huge panick attack and got back home in a hurry. 

#4 SheWontFollow

SheWontFollow

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 127 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 11:03 PM

Driving on the highway with my boyfriend when he stopped at a gas station. My only words were "I don't feel like myself." Scariest feeling of my entire life.

#5 SheWontFollow

SheWontFollow

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 127 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 11:05 PM

Plato's Cave makes me think about DP aswell for some reason, even though I believe it means something completely different according to my philosophy professor.

#6 googleeyes

googleeyes

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 200 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 25 October 2013 - 04:02 AM

It's interesting how the demographic of this site has changed. It seems that the majority of dp cases now are not drug induced or facilitated. A few years ago, nearly all users had a drug related event that started it all.

#7 Meticulous

Meticulous

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 362 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 25 October 2013 - 04:41 AM

I felt like I wasn't fully awake and I kept trying to close my eyes and open them to maybe give me some sort of jolt. That jolt never happened so I began to dwell deeper into DP after a severe panic attack where I thought I was having shroom flashbacks.

#8 sunshinita

sunshinita

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 315 posts
  • LocationSofia,Bulgaria

Posted 25 October 2013 - 04:58 AM

My first dp episode started after a weird dream,I woke up with panic attack and suddenly my room wasn't my room anymore,everything was so unfamiliar and scary.It lasted 4-5 motnhs. This year my second episode started after I came home from a trip in the mountains,everything looked scary,whole life experience looked scary to me but I went to bed,I thought I was just tired and everything will be back to normal in the morning.And I woke up with panic again but this time I freaked out about the fact that I am alive and I exist.Freaky,freaky..

#9 seafoamwaves

seafoamwaves

Senior DPSelfhelp.com Member

• DPSH Members
  • 720 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 10:44 AM

It was maybe 2000. I almost drowned. Came home feeling fine. Fell asleep and had a panic attack. Woke up, boom DP and visual snow. I hated the visual snow more. I eventually recovered.

Back in 2004, I almost drowned again, but this time I had the panic attack underwater. Finally, made it out the pool, but I was totally DP'd and hyper vigilant... and I'm still currently DP'd and hyper vigilant lol.

#10 L.Z.

L.Z.

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 170 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 02:17 PM

lol ?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users