Hello all, it's been a little while,
I'm looking for someone who has experience in "going herbal" from benzos and SSRI's.
I'm currently taking 60 mg Fluoxotine, 0.5 mg Klonopin, both @ 9:00 in the morning.
I would like to taper the Prozac. The Benzo, I've tried, but it is too hard to do right now (argh, I get so symptomatic when I withdrawal).
1. Have you ever experienced significant "emotional dampening" with Fluoxotine, and/or Klonopin? If so, with which drug, and how would you describe this experience? Would you say it's like a lack of empathy for things you love, or a lack of emotional sturring when you hear music that used to move you to tears? Or a lack of emotional sturring when the season changes from Summer to Fall? I used to feel this change so profoundly. (f.y.i. I know these are all typical experiences of someone with DP but I'm wondering if anyone has experience in noticing that either of these two drugs make this worse, or maybe better, or even effect it at all.)
2. If you agree with my idea to go herbal, how would you suggest I do it? I started today with just 40mg of Prozac, and plan to stay on this until I taper again. So by what increment should I taper and how long should I stay on each tapered dosage?
3. How long should I wait after taking my last Prozac dose before I start taking St. John's Wort (I took it a couple times with my Prozac before I knew they interacted and it made me feel very confused and dizzy)?
4. What other herbal/natural remedies would you suggest while tapering off of Prozac? How about Chamomile or Valarian Root?
5. What do you think of Melatonin? I don't like the idea of it being a hormone.
Extra Question: Whoever has gone off Klonopin successfully, please tell me how you might have done this while juggling a job, a relationship, school, or life, how slowly and by what method did you do it, what herbal remedies helped, what natural remedies do you replace Klonopin with now that you're off, if anything?
Thanks so much,