DR & sort of dizziness/vertigo - Discussion - Depersonalization Community

Please Read the Community Forum Guidelines Before Posting.

Photo

DR & sort of dizziness/vertigo

dizzy dizziness vertigo

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Erwin

Erwin

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 11:50 AM

Hello,

I am suffering from DR since 2 months now. I have often the strange feeling of the ground is moving up and down, but no spinning sensation. It happens the most when it's afternoon/evening. Can anyone relate to this feeling?

#2 Guest_Le Chat_*

Guest_Le Chat_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 May 2013 - 09:17 PM

Hello,

I am suffering from DR since 2 months now. I have often the strange feeling of the ground is moving up and down, but no spinning sensation. It happens the most when it's afternoon/evening. Can anyone relate to this feeling?

Yes.  When I was a teenager this happened to me a lot.  Also, before DP/DR "took over" from intermittent to chronic I had a long period of dizziness.  I have always attributed the dizziness, vertigo, and other strange sensations to bad anxiety I also had, but it was noted in an older DSM ... the DSM-III that dizziness was associated with this.  Then it was removed from the description of DP.

I assume that the connection between DP and anxiety is difficult to parse out.

There are also theories that come and go that DP/DR can be (not always) associated with a vestibular (inner ear) disorder.

I'd say there are various types of DP/DR that have different causes.  I mainly associate this with anxiety however and I have clinical depression.

No one person fits a diagnostic category perfectly.

But the dizziness -- yup, been there done that, and I know of others in the same boat.

#3 Erwin

Erwin

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 07:03 AM

Thank you for this information

#4 Skynet

Skynet

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 329 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 08:17 AM

Dizziness is most definitely a huge part of Depersonalization. I've had DP for years and my dizziness never goes away. Not a room spinning dizziness. But a real tired, drunk feeling light headed dizziness. It's the symptom that I hate most because it triggers other awful feelings such as non stop nausea.

#5 Guest_Le Chat_*

Guest_Le Chat_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 May 2013 - 01:34 PM

Man I have had vertigo for 3 days now. The spining around crap.  I feel so tired as well.  Sick and so done with this.

In my humble opinion, the fact that one has dizziness ... well it seems like a strange coincidence among so many of us.  It is either a manifestation of anxiety -- I had it as a teen more than later in life (when my anxiety was more under control) -- or something else.

If this were purely psychological why do we all have a symptom such as dizziness?

GAH.

Oh, what can help is Dramamine for motion sickeness (Meclyzine) over the counter, if you have vertigo.  It could help with nausea.  As your doctor/pharmacist re: any interactions with other meds. Look for the NON-Drowsey formula.  Take only one pill a day.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users