So this is all pretty new to me.. - Introduce Yourself - Depersonalization Community

Please Read the Community Forum Guidelines Before Posting.

Photo

So this is all pretty new to me..

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Willynale

Willynale

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
  • LocationHouston

Posted 25 February 2013 - 09:09 PM

So I've had dp for two months today, triggered from a panic attack. I still have managed to work 60 hours a week and have done so without anyone even noticing. It seems to come in waves throughout the day, but there still is not a wink of it letting up. The being stoned state of mind doesn't bother me like the thoughts do. Everytime I think of anything it just freaks me out:/ and was wondering if this gets better? I'm able to force myself to do things and go out and stay distracted but I'm still not ever really there.. Although lately, I've been having some better days throughout the week and was wondering if this is a sign of it letting up? Or have I just coped with it so much that it isn't bothering me so much? Is dp truly just a misconstrued perception of the world around you, or is it a chemical imbalance? I was also wondering since this still a relatively new condition I have developed, is there anyway can do to help it right now? Does all this ignoring and accepting it stuff really work? I'm 20 years old from Houston, TX. I would really like to get some positive advice from anyone that has come out on the other side. Thank you guys so much

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users